Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So who's the savior?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Now viewing page 10 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Other -> The Junk YardMessage format

Want the Cup?
Posted 2012-11-10 11:57 AM (#581123 - in reply to #581107)
Subject: Re: So who's the savior?

MVP

Vic50 - 2012-11-09 9:46 PM

As long as we are presenting statistics, here's one from Tuesday's election.

Of the 10 states with the most educated population, Obama won all 10

Of the 10 states with the least educated population, Romney won 9 - Nevada being the exception

And how do you determine educated population VS not educated?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Vic50
Posted 2012-11-10 2:34 PM (#581125 - in reply to #581123)

MVP

Want the Cup? - 2012-11-10 1:57 PM

Of the 10 states with the least educated population, Romney won 9 - Nevada being the exception

And how do you determine educated population VS not educated?

In this survey it was based upon the highest level of schooling achieved, per capita
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-11-10 9:25 PM (#581139 - in reply to #581115)

Legend

Curtis - 2012-11-10 12:02 PM

Thanks for proving statistics are arbitrary & that my home value is still down 40%.

Here's another statistic- in 100% of all political & economic problems of the last 100+ years, Republicans or Democrats have been involved. Go 3rd party...

That's very good... Perhaps a third party not wrapped in Christian Mid-evil beliefs, crushing science, progress and common sense... Can you believe that idiot said if a woman is raped and gets pregnant GOD intended it that way? or if a women gets pregnant the body has a way of fighting off the sperm.... It's freakin sad, but like it or not.. this is the crazy religious GOP Bush opened the door to/for.

House's up or down... The numbers have been so crazy and inflated for 15 years... I bought a house in LI in 99 for 300k, sold it for 5 years later for 900k... and now it worth about 600k or less... how do explain that?

My house here in NC is not 40% down... it's actually at or a bit above what I bought it for... which was actually inflated for the time I bought it anyway.

Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-11-10 9:31 PM (#581140 - in reply to #581103)

Legend

Fish - 2012-11-09 7:52 PM

The primary system is not conducive to electing good candidates...most moderate voters aren't as motivated to come out for these votes, and that combined with the long drawn out process means you're going to get pulled apart by your own party. I think both parties would do well to get rid of the primary system.

On another topic, ballot measures are one of the worst ways to get laws instituted. The reason you elect people is for them to govern, asking the public to decide what to do through complex worded (often misleading) descriptions is bound to end in poorly thought out laws and initiatives.

So funny... as for your first point, GOP Monday morning quarterbacks are now regretting not taking Huntsman more seriously (The candidate I preferred of the lot)... But yes... The whole Primary system is awful... those 10 debates were so embarrassing... horrible.

Want the Cup?
Posted 2012-11-10 10:39 PM (#581145 - in reply to #581139)

MVP

Andy Bathgate - 2012-11-10 11:25 PM

Thanks for proving statistics are arbitrary & that my home value is still down 40%.

Here's another statistic- in 100% of all political & economic problems of the last 100+ years, Republicans or Democrats have been involved. Go 3rd party...

That's very good... Perhaps a third party not wrapped in Christian Mid-evil beliefs, crushing science, progress and common sense... Can you believe that idiot said if a woman is raped and gets pregnant GOD intended it that way?

Or a party where people know that USA doesn't have 57 states. Can you believe that?
Vic50
Posted 2012-11-11 6:59 PM (#581189 - in reply to #581140)

MVP

Andy Bathgate - 2012-11-10 11:31 PM

The primary system is not conducive to electing good candidates...most moderate voters aren't as motivated to come out for these votes, and that combined with the long drawn out process means you're going to get pulled apart by your own party. I think both parties would do well to get rid of the primary system.

On another topic, ballot measures are one of the worst ways to get laws instituted. The reason you elect people is for them to govern, asking the public to decide what to do through complex worded (often misleading) descriptions is bound to end in poorly thought out laws and initiatives.

So funny... as for your first point, GOP Monday morning quarterbacks are now regretting not taking Huntsman more seriously (The candidate I preferred of the lot)... But yes... The whole Primary system is awful... those 10 debates were so embarrassing... horrible.

Yes Huntsman would have given the Reps their best shot. I keep the image of Jefferson, Lincoln, turning in their graves when looking at the clowns who were taken seriously by many people.
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-11-12 1:25 PM (#581202 - in reply to #581145)

Legend

Want the Cup? - 2012-11-11 12:39 AM

That's very good... Perhaps a third party not wrapped in Christian Mid-evil beliefs, crushing science, progress and common sense... Can you believe that idiot said if a woman is raped and gets pregnant GOD intended it that way?

Or a party where people know that USA doesn't have 57 states. Can you believe that?

I think there's a difference between voters being stupid and GOP politicians saying if rape happens it's Gods intention, and the body has a way of fighting of the sperm if it were rape.... Whats the difference between that crazy political / Religious GOP ideology and some of the other crazy ideology coming from the religious middle east?

Palin thought Russia was our enemy during WW2 .... and was almost VP, a heart beat away from President...

Edited by Andy Bathgate 2012-11-12 1:59 PM
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-11-12 1:28 PM (#581203 - in reply to #581189)

Legend

Vic50 - 2012-11-11 8:59 PM

Andy Bathgate - 2012-11-10 11:31 PM

Yes Huntsman would have given the Reps their best shot. I keep the image of Jefferson, Lincoln, turning in their graves when looking at the clowns who were taken seriously by many people.

Jefferson predicted this.... Government becoming to big or the banks and Big Business's taken over the Government... It's very difficult to maintain a middle in this crazy country.

Want the Cup?
Posted 2012-11-12 1:49 PM (#581205 - in reply to #581202)

MVP

Andy Bathgate - 2012-11-12 3:25 PM

I think there's a difference between voters being stupid and GOP politicians saying if rape happens it's Gods intention, and the body has a way of fighting of the sperm if it were rape.... Whats the difference between that crazy political crap and some of the other crazy ideology coming from the religious middle east?

Palin thought Russia was our enemy during WW2 .... and was almost VP, a heart beat away from President...

This just shows that you are hooked on main stream media, and have lack of information. It is not about the voters. Check this link out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Edited by Want the Cup? 2012-11-12 1:51 PM
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-11-12 2:07 PM (#581206 - in reply to #581205)

Legend

Want the Cup? - 2012-11-12 3:49 PM

I think there's a difference between voters being stupid and GOP politicians saying if rape happens it's Gods intention, and the body has a way of fighting of the sperm if it were rape.... Whats the difference between that crazy political crap and some of the other crazy ideology coming from the religious middle east?

This just shows that you are hooked on main stream media, and have lack of information. It is not about the voters. Check this link out:

Okay... never seen that... So a mistake with the number of states (which I'm sure he knows there's 50 states) equates to "Rape is God intended" and "the body can fight off the sperm if a woman is raped"?

Mistakes in speeches are gotcha moments... and we pretty much know which ones are mistakes and not... I used to be a motivational speaker in front of thousands and made my fair share of mistakes....

It's one thing to make a mistake and another to really believe in something.

Vic50
Posted 2012-11-12 2:31 PM (#581208 - in reply to #581206)

MVP

Andy Bathgate - 2012-11-12 4:07 PM

Want the Cup? - 2012-11-12 3:49 PM

Okay... never seen that... So a mistake with the number of states (which I'm sure he knows there's 50 states) equates to "Rape is God intended" and "the body can fight off the sperm if a woman is raped"?

Mistakes in speeches are gotcha moments... and we pretty much know which ones are mistakes and not... I used to be a motivational speaker in front of thousands and made my fair share of mistakes....

It's one thing to make a mistake and another to really believe in something.

Right! The ultimate false equivalent
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-11-15 12:55 PM (#581260 - in reply to #581208)

Legend

I'm telling you now Bobby Jindal is the the next face of the GOP.... He slammed Romney for those comments he made yesterday.... About Obama offering free stuff to women, blacks, Spanish, gay and 18-30 year olds....

Edited by Andy Bathgate 2012-11-15 1:03 PM
Vic50
Posted 2012-11-15 1:36 PM (#581261 - in reply to #581260)

MVP

Andy Bathgate - 2012-11-15 2:55 PM

I'm telling you now Bobby Jindal is the the next face of the GOP.... He slammed Romney for those comments he made yesterday.... About Obama offering free stuff to women, blacks, Spanish, gay and 18-30 year olds....

Romney made a decent concession speech on Election night, but now he back to the same 47% crap. Saying people are getting free speech. The man has no concept of how poor and lower income people live. Mr. Romney, just go away and count your money. I'm sure he will now refile his 2011 tax return to claim all his deductions and get his rate under 10%.

Jindal is running hard and I think he will be a strong candidate. He certainly seems like a big improvement over the clown car that ran this year intrhe Republican primary
Want the Cup?
Posted 2012-11-15 2:02 PM (#581264 - in reply to #581261)

MVP

I think if Reps start to just support Dems ideas, it won't cut it. Whatever Reps can do, Dems can do better in terms of their own idea base. It is like asking Richards to play goalie.

What I think Reps need is a strong leader. Someone who can deliver his rhetoric well to the public. Also he should be likable. Lots of people vote on presentation and appearance. Sad but true.
Vic50
Posted 2012-11-15 2:42 PM (#581266 - in reply to #581264)

MVP

Want the Cup? - 2012-11-15 4:02 PM

I think if Reps start to just support Dems ideas, it won't cut it. Whatever Reps can do, Dems can do better in terms of their own idea base. It is like asking Richards to play goalie.

What I think Reps need is a strong leader. Someone who can deliver his rhetoric well to the public. Also he should be likable. Lots of people vote on presentation and appearance. Sad but true.

Agree with you. It is important that the Republican party be viable and present their conservative views ( even though I disagree). The Presidental candidates this year were a joke, while decent people like Jeb Bush, Jindall, Christie sat on the sidelines. Huntsman, who had some class, was ignored.

They also have to act like adults. No more using terms like slut, food stamp president, etc.
Best thing they could do is tell Trump to go away. what a joke he is.
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-11-15 9:54 PM (#581276 - in reply to #581266)

Legend

It is strange seeing the GOP flounder after such a BIG lose.... Hundreds of Millions lost .... Who would have ever thought a 65% White GOP vote would equal a lose for "Gods Only People".... It was all a game though, McCain with Palin was a throw away and Romney and Eddie Monster was a Mormon Long Shot.... The writing on the wall for the GOP has been Giuliani-Christie-Bloomberg and many other good decent North East Republicans... Jindal seems like a perfect guy with a Christie or Moderate Northern GOP....

And who knows how the Democratic voters will turn out for someone other than Obama...

It's a new world...

Want the Cup?
Posted 2012-11-16 10:44 AM (#581305 - in reply to #581276)

MVP

Andy Bathgate - 2012-11-15 11:54 PM

It is strange seeing the GOP flounder after such a BIG lose.... Hundreds of Millions lost .... Who would have ever thought a 65% White GOP vote would equal a lose for "Gods Only People".... It was all a game though, McCain with Palin was a throw away and Romney and Eddie Monster was a Mormon Long Shot.... The writing on the wall for the GOP has been Giuliani-Christie-Bloomberg and many other good decent North East Republicans... Jindal seems like a perfect guy with a Christie or Moderate Northern GOP....

And who knows how the Democratic voters will turn out for someone other than Obama...

It's a new world...

You're keep pointing about 65% of white vote. That means 35% voted the other way. By contrast, how many % of non-white voted for Dems?

Edited by Want the Cup? 2012-11-16 10:53 AM
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-11-16 6:36 PM (#581333 - in reply to #581305)

Legend

Want the Cup? - 2012-11-16 12:44 PM

Andy Bathgate - 2012-11-15 11:54 PM

It's a new world...

You're keep pointing about 65% of white vote. That means 35% voted the other way. By contrast, how many % of non-white voted for Dems?

I think it was 65% of white men... Something like 65% of white women voted for Obama... 90% Blacks.... 72% Spanish... 70 % of all nationality's between the ages of 18-35... All went for Obama...Something like this..

Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-11-28 8:35 AM (#581463 - in reply to #526180)

Legend

I find it pretty ironic how Romney only got 47% of the vote.... Comical!

Edited by Andy Bathgate 2012-11-28 1:06 PM
trc3640
Posted 2012-11-30 2:17 PM (#581548 - in reply to #526180)

MVP

Romney won all demographic groups that made $50k or more .... too bad there's more people with their hands out than roll their sleeves up and are willing to work hard for what they want.

And for those riding around on their high horse about the "floundering Republicans" ... it's the same stuff said about the Democratic party after Bush got reelected in '04 ... so get over yourselves.

Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-12-08 10:45 PM (#581803 - in reply to #581548)

Legend

trc3640 - 2012-11-30 4:17 PM

Romney won all demographic groups that made $50k or more .... too bad there's more people with their hands out than roll their sleeves up and are willing to work hard for what they want.

And for those riding around on their high horse about the "floundering Republicans" ... it's the same stuff said about the Democratic party after Bush got reelected in '04 ... so get over yourselves.

I don't know TR, "ALL" demographic groups that made $50k or more voted Romney???? and he lost!!! (More Red states use Government help than richer BLUE states... More White toothless people on welfare than any other race) That's pretty sad dude... and completely Bull crap!!!!! That stat was pulled out of your assssssss...... or Rush Limbos " (Goebbels propaganda "WHITE" man machine)... because that's where you get your facts....."TRUE FACT" 8 men tried to buy the Government and failed! That's a fact!!!!!

Here's another fact... 65% of white men voted for (Against their finical status) Romney because of the illusion (delusion) that the GOP is better off for the "WHITE" man... a better brand...... and LOST!!! 40 years ago, the GOP was a real party until it was taken over by corporations, snakes, pigs, lobbyist, oil pimps, Toxic waste whores, Wall Street Scum suckers, and crazy Christians.... 40 years ago... the GOP regulated and taxed Business's more than the filthy Liberals (Just look up Nixons regulations) because they knew the danger of money influence on Government.... and again and again and again and again..... and time after time, after election, after time.... 70% of white women... lied to their husbands and voted LIB!!!! That's a fact... look it up!!!! Women want .... FREE CHOICE...EQUAL RIGHTS.... and not some old strange white dude telling her rape was intended by GOD!!!! or whatever! Bush this Bush that... the population is changing and is more of a mixed olive.. tan... color....

The GOP is an ever changing brand, that's about to dump everything it thought it was to catch up to reality... thank "GOD" for that!!!!!

Who do you trust more Big Government or Big Business?

Edited by Andy Bathgate 2012-12-08 10:54 PM
Vic50
Posted 2012-12-09 8:03 PM (#581827 - in reply to #581803)

MVP

Andy Bathgate - 2012-12-09 12:45 AM

trc3640 - 2012-11-30 4:17 PM

I don't know TR, "ALL" demographic groups that made $50k or more voted Romney???? and he lost!!! (More Red states use Government help than richer BLUE states... More White toothless people on welfare than any other race) That's pretty sad dude... and completely Bull crap!!!!! That stat was pulled out of your assssssss...... or Rush Limbos " (Goebbels propaganda "WHITE" man machine)... because that's where you get your facts....."TRUE FACT" 8 men tried to buy the Government and failed! That's a fact!!!!!

Here's another fact... 65% of white men voted for (Against their finical status) Romney because of the illusion (delusion) that the GOP is better off for the "WHITE" man... a better brand...... and LOST!!! 40 years ago, the GOP was a real party until it was taken over by corporations, snakes, pigs, lobbyist, oil pimps, Toxic waste whores, Wall Street Scum suckers, and crazy Christians.... 40 years ago... the GOP regulated and taxed Business's more than the filthy Liberals (Just look up Nixons regulations) because they knew the danger of money influence on Government.... and again and again and again and again..... and time after time, after election, after time.... 70% of white women... lied to their husbands and voted LIB!!!! That's a fact... look it up!!!! Women want .... FREE CHOICE...EQUAL RIGHTS.... and not some old strange white dude telling her rape was intended by GOD!!!! or whatever! Bush this Bush that... the population is changing and is more of a mixed olive.. tan... color....

The GOP is an ever changing brand, that's about to dump everything it thought it was to catch up to reality... thank "GOD" for that!!!!!

Who do you trust more Big Government or Big Business?

You , Sir, speak the truth

Only thing I have reservations about, is can the GOP change their ways?
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-12-09 9:41 PM (#581834 - in reply to #581827)

Legend

Vic50 - 2012-12-09 10:03 PM

Don't they have too? Like TRC said above, Democrats were crying after Bush won the second time in 2004... and said the Party had to change.... But didn't it? Take a look at it for a second... The Democrats of 2012 are way different than the John Kerry swift boating Democrats.... The Democrats have created this machine of rallying the people of all races and sexes and ages. Their fighting back...

There's a fact that's really killing Republicans, Black people vote, woman vote, Spanish vote, Young people vote...Gays Vote.... No matter which way you twist it... The Government is for, of, by the people, know matter how needy they are.... and the majority rules. But I disagree with my GOP friends that say people just want things from the Government.... and if they do they want equal rights, workers rights, equal education etc etc etc... The GOP is just trying to protect the really Rich with the elusion money will trickle down.... The Republicans want stuff from the Government too... Usually Religious "dark ages" type of stuff... and Taxes & regulate the Billionaires less so they can create jobs for us... That hasn't happened in 40 years!

The Libertarian message is just another party of "White Folks" who hate the Government and laws.... a list of folks that are Hells Angel types who hate Helmut laws, fishing & hunting restrictions... and blame the Government for everything wrong in their lives....

So will the GOP change? We better hope so... because the right was allowed to get very powerful and ran this country into the ground for the Middle Class.... The Left, unopposed would do different type of damage.... 65% of the White vote that went GOP are mostly older voters who are dieing off... 35% of the white vote that went to Obama, 90% of those votes were from voters 18-35%.... Gop needs to change.... They need a message for Latinos and Woman and Blacks and the young.... because they're part of this country also.

trc3640
Posted 2012-12-10 1:21 PM (#581876 - in reply to #581834)

MVP

I don't know why "white" is such a bad word to you but you made this all about race so I am subtracting myself. But this is very typical that people on the left heap all their misplaced frustration on the right because its "safe and easy" right now. Good luck with that.
Vic50
Posted 2012-12-10 2:27 PM (#581884 - in reply to #581834)

MVP

Andy Bathgate - 2012-12-09 11:41 PM

Vic50 - 2012-12-09 10:03 PM

Don't they have too? Like TRC said above, Democrats were crying after Bush won the second time in 2004... and said the Party had to change.... But didn't it? Take a look at it for a second... The Democrats of 2012 are way different than the John Kerry swift boating Democrats.... The Democrats have created this machine of rallying the people of all races and sexes and ages. Their fighting back...

There's a fact that's really killing Republicans, Black people vote, woman vote, Spanish vote, Young people vote...Gays Vote.... No matter which way you twist it... The Government is for, of, by the people, know matter how needy they are.... and the majority rules. But I disagree with my GOP friends that say people just want things from the Government.... and if they do they want equal rights, workers rights, equal education etc etc etc... The GOP is just trying to protect the really Rich with the elusion money will trickle down.... The Republicans want stuff from the Government too... Usually Religious "dark ages" type of stuff... and Taxes & regulate the Billionaires less so they can create jobs for us... That hasn't happened in 40 years!

The Libertarian message is just another party of "White Folks" who hate the Government and laws.... a list of folks that are Hells Angel types who hate Helmut laws, fishing & hunting restrictions... and blame the Government for everything wrong in their lives....

So will the GOP change? We better hope so... because the right was allowed to get very powerful and ran this country into the ground for the Middle Class.... The Left, unopposed would do different type of damage.... 65% of the White vote that went GOP are mostly older voters who are dieing off... 35% of the white vote that went to Obama, 90% of those votes were from voters 18-35%.... Gop needs to change.... They need a message for Latinos and Woman and Blacks and the young.... because they're part of this country also.

I agree that the GOP should change, but will they? You do see a little shift since the election. But will the hard core right Southern Base really embrace someone like Christie, who has the "stigma" of being intelligent and reasonable?
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2012-12-10 7:37 PM (#581911 - in reply to #581876)

Legend

trc3640 - 2012-12-10 3:21 PM

I don't know why "white" is such a bad word to you but you made this all about race so I am subtracting myself. But this is very typical that people on the left heap all their misplaced frustration on the right because its "safe and easy" right now. Good luck with that.

Well... I'm White.... I use white as a race, the same way it was broken down by the polls.... I'm more Italian Olive which in some parts of the country is not considered white. The misplaced frustration safe and easy thing, like there's a time when it's not "easy or safe" to criticize politicians and the Government? ... sorry if I offended you... but that statement sort of proves my point.

The facts are what they are... If you look at the conventions, and rallies... the message.... and money trail... it's very plain to see, middle aged to older White men feel safer with the "THIS" present day GOP, even if they vote against their own rights.... it's a brand-age-in some cases religious issue... and Archie Bunker attitude....

Example... I explained to a neighbor who works for an American car dealer... half-ass jokingly.... That Obama saved his job and USA Car manufacturers... His reply was "I would rather lose my job than vote for that godless "N" word, baby killer".... perhaps it's because I live in the south, but I have many friends who are other than women, black or Spanish that feel and voted the same way. Talk about misplaced frustration.

Jump to page : < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Now viewing page 10 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software