Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NFL drops hammer on Saints
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Other -> The Junk YardMessage format

Coachrd
Posted 2012-03-21 11:51 AM (#555854)
Subject: NFL drops hammer on Saints

Legend

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=390981

Bountygate costs them:

A 2nd round pick this year
A 2nd round pick next year
$ 500K fine
Head Coach Payton suspended without pay for a year
GM Loomis suspended without pay for 8 games
LB's coach suspended for 6 games

Plus, Former Saints Def Co-Ordinator and now Rams' Def Co-Ordinator, Greg Williams, who started this whole thing is suspended indefinitely by the NFL

Wow................
Top of the page Bottom of the page
trc3640
Posted 2012-03-21 2:09 PM (#555874 - in reply to #555854)
Subject: Re: NFL drops hammer on Saints

MVP

This is hypocrisy at it's best. The league thrives on the violence of the sport.

I would imagine there will be some sort of grievances filed by the coaches. Goodell is quite the lil' dick-tator.

They've effectively ended Williams DC career.

Coachrd
Posted 2012-03-21 2:15 PM (#555876 - in reply to #555874)

Legend

trc3640 - 2012-03-21 4:09 PM

This is hypocrisy at it's best. The league thrives on the violence of the sport.

I would imagine there will be some sort of grievances filed by the coaches. Goodell is quite the lil' dick-tator.

There's a difference between hitting someone as hard as you can, and hitting someone with an intent to injure him. Anyone who plays football knows the difference, and anyone who's intent is to deliberately take that player's career or earning ability away from him shouldn't be playing.

You're taught when you hit to run through the guy like he's not there. But you're not taught to take out his knee, or horse collar the guy......

The fact that there's a $$$ amount attached to it by a coach makes it worse, IMO.

It's like a hockey player checking a guy hard, and jumping into a check to take out the guy's head. Big difference.
sark76
Posted 2012-03-21 2:20 PM (#555877 - in reply to #555874)

MVP

hmmm...disagree with you for once.
trc3640
Posted 2012-03-21 2:46 PM (#555880 - in reply to #555876)

MVP

Coachrd - 2012-03-21 4:15 PM

There's a difference between hitting someone as hard as you can, and hitting someone with an intent to injure him. Anyone who plays football knows the difference, and anyone who's intent is to deliberately take that player's career or earning ability away from him shouldn't be playing.

You're taught when you hit to run through the guy like he's not there. But you're not taught to take out his knee, or horse collar the guy......

The fact that there's a $$$ amount attached to it by a coach makes it worse, IMO.

It's like a hockey player checking a guy hard, and jumping into a check to take out the guy's head. Big difference.

But yet every year I see Chuck Bednarik destroy Frank Gifford before both/all Philly/NYG games. NFL Network plays all the old NFL Film shows that have the Monsters of the Midway, etc.

This reaction and the new rules about "legal hits but the player puts himself in a defenseless position" being a penalty (and such) are just over the top reactions to all the lawsuits by ex players who are saying they had concussions.

Jack Tatum is rolling over in his grave.

trc3640
Posted 2012-03-21 2:50 PM (#555881 - in reply to #555854)

MVP

Per Warren Sapp on twitter ... he states Jeremy Shockey was the snitch.

Shockey says no.
Coachrd
Posted 2012-03-21 2:52 PM (#555882 - in reply to #555881)

Legend

Plus, the NFL is punishing Payton for lying.

He said he knew nothing abut it, and then was shown e-mails he got internally that confirmed his knowledge of it.

Coachrd
Posted 2012-03-21 2:55 PM (#555883 - in reply to #555880)

Legend

trc3640 - 2012-03-21 4:46 PM

But yet every year I see Chuck Bednarik destroy Frank Gifford before both/all Philly/NYG games. NFL Network plays all the old NFL Film shows that have the Monsters of the Midway, etc.

This reaction and the new rules about "legal hits but the player puts himself in a defenseless position" being a penalty (and such) are just over the top reactions to all the lawsuits by ex players who are saying they had concussions.

Chuck's hit was legal.

Hard.......but LEGAL, and Bednarik was following the same rule I was taught......run through the man like he's not there. Plus, in Bednarik's era, you wrapped and tackled (which he did, properly)

Bednarik didn't try to horse collar Gifford, or try to take his knees out. (and remember....I'm a Giants fan)
Coachrd
Posted 2012-03-21 2:55 PM (#555884 - in reply to #555881)

Legend

trc3640 - 2012-03-21 4:50 PM

Per Warren Sapp on twitter ... he states Jeremy Shockey was the snitch.

Shockey says no.

Didn't hear that.

Interesting.
Curtis
Posted 2012-04-03 8:10 PM (#557780 - in reply to #555883)

MVP

Coachrd - 2012-03-21 4:55 PM

trc3640 - 2012-03-21 4:46 PM

Chuck's hit was legal.

Hard.......but LEGAL, and Bednarik was following the same rule I was taught......run through the man like he's not there. Plus, in Bednarik's era, you wrapped and tackled (which he did, properly)

Bednarik didn't try to horse collar Gifford, or try to take his knees out. (and remember....I'm a Giants fan)

And on many of the Saints' hits in question, they were flagged on the play, i.e. the multiple hits on Favre in the '09 NFC Championship
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software