Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vesey Watch
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mandar
Posted 2016-08-17 2:03 PM (#663810 - in reply to #663806)
Subject: Re: Vesey Watch

MVP

RANGERNUT - 2016-08-17 2:38 PM

Here's a simpler breakdown of the ELC rules...

It's not like the system allows Vesey to actually hit a truly open market because he's still limited by entry-level contract rules. He's available to all 30 teams, but it's in a constrained market where nobody can offer more than a two-year deal with a $832,500 base salary, $92,500 signing bonus and $2.85 million in performance bonuses. This isn't about Vesey getting access to the kind of payday not afforded to other inexperienced players because he waited. It's about not turning draft rights into a softer form of the reserve clause.

Wait.....didn't you say: "Sounds like he cares more about the money than the destination"

Yep, you did....then WTF are you talking about now?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Spider3WideBanana
Posted 2016-08-17 4:49 PM (#663811 - in reply to #663753)

He'd be a nice asset to acquire, but I don't think anyone's losing any sleep over this guy
Mjolnir
Posted 2016-08-17 5:07 PM (#663812 - in reply to #663753)

Legend

If I were Vesey, I'd steer clear of AV.
robstones
Posted 2016-08-17 5:36 PM (#663813 - in reply to #663811)

Legend

Spider3WideBanana - 2016-08-17 6:49 PM

He'd be a nice asset to acquire, but I don't think anyone's losing any sleep over this guy

He's not make or break, but if he makes Grabner a 4th liner instead of a 3rd liner... if he ensures no Tanner Glass this season... that'sort good depth to have. I want this kid

Edited by robstones 2016-08-18 4:57 AM
Mjolnir
Posted 2016-08-17 6:15 PM (#663814 - in reply to #663801)

Legend

Mjolnir - 2016-08-17 2:08 PM

Any word on which teams Vesey has on his list?

Hmmmm...

Question withdrawn.
RANGERNUT
Posted 2016-08-18 4:37 AM (#663825 - in reply to #663810)

All-Star

Mandar - 2016-08-17 2:03 PM

It's not like the system allows Vesey to actually hit a truly open market because he's still limited by entry-level contract rules. He's available to all 30 teams, but it's in a constrained market where nobody can offer more than a two-year deal with a $832,500 base salary, $92,500 signing bonus and $2.85 million in performance bonuses. This isn't about Vesey getting access to the kind of payday not afforded to other inexperienced players because he waited. It's about not turning draft rights into a softer form of the reserve clause.

Wait.....didn't you say: "Sounds like he cares more about the money than the destination"

Wow Dude Your messed up !
You need to follow entire threads before you come off as being so high and mighty...
I did say that "In my opinion it "sounds like he cares more about the money than the destination" and I still believe that.. But that's only my opinion, which BTW I am entitled to...
I also went on to say this....Its not so much the Max ELC, that's a given that he will get that where ever he signs,, It's about bonuses and that was my point yesterday... ala, "Bidding War" Just my opinion ....
and then I wrote again responding to another post and tried to explain the simplest breakdown of the ELC rules and how it pertains to the reserve clause......
all valid and pertinent points.... AGAIN..... Some of which is only my opinion.... Why you gotta jump all ugly on me?,,,what's up with that?

Edited by RANGERNUT 2016-08-18 4:41 AM
Mandar
Posted 2016-08-18 7:14 AM (#663826 - in reply to #663825)

MVP

RANGERNUT - 2016-08-18 6:37 AM

You need to follow entire threads before you come off as being so high and mighty...
I did say that "In my opinion it "sounds like he cares more about the money than the destination" and I still believe that.. But that's only my opinion, which BTW I am entitled to...
I also went on to say this....Its not so much the Max ELC, that's a given that he will get that where ever he signs,, It's about bonuses and that was my point yesterday... ala, "Bidding War" Just my opinion ....
and then I wrote again responding to another post and tried to explain the simplest breakdown of the ELC rules and how it pertains to the reserve clause......
all valid and pertinent points.... AGAIN..... Some of which is only my opinion.... Why you gotta jump all ugly on me?,,,what's up with that?

Relax Alice....no one is trying to take away your "opinion" rights....yes, we know its only your opinion. But opinions can be wrong, no matter how much you are "entitled" to have them. And when you put them out there, they are open for debate.....or do you think your "opinions" are beyond reproach?

Now, the "bidding war" comment is stupid, as even the bonuses are not something that is swaying his decision (again, every team can offer the same max bonuses)....this isn't "opinion", its fact.

So "Dude"......I questioned your comment (that's why I "gotta jump all ugly on you".....and if you have issues with people debating your "opinions" (which you are entitled to), then that's something you need to work out.
robstones
Posted 2016-08-18 7:47 AM (#663827 - in reply to #663753)

Legend

Is it a given that every team can afford the maxed out ELC? I would imagine that Vesey would also be concerned about the probability his next team will be able to resign him when the two years are up.

So.... of course money is an issue. It always is
Mandar
Posted 2016-08-18 7:58 AM (#663828 - in reply to #663827)

MVP

robstones - 2016-08-18 9:47 AM

Is it a given that every team can afford the maxed out ELC? I would imagine that Vesey would also be concerned about the probability his next team will be able to resign him when the two years are up.

What team would be in the mix that cant offer the max money? If everyone has the same ceiling....who would be involved that cant offer it?

No....money isn't the issue here. And if you think that in two years, the team that signs him is so poor at asset management that they would be out on his second deal......then wow...just wow.

Then again, you would rather have Ekblad.
RANGERNUT
Posted 2016-08-18 8:06 AM (#663829 - in reply to #663827)

All-Star

robstones - 2016-08-18 7:47 AM

RANGERNUT
Posted 2016-08-18 8:12 AM (#663830 - in reply to #663826)

All-Star

Mandar - 2016-08-18 7:14 AM

Relax Alice....no one is trying to take away your "opinion" rights....yes, we know its only your opinion. But opinions can be wrong, no matter how much you are "entitled" to have them. And when you put them out there, they are open for debate.....or do you think your "opinions" are beyond reproach?

Now, the "bidding war" comment is stupid, as even the bonuses are not something that is swaying his decision (again, every team can offer the same max bonuses)....this isn't "opinion", its fact.

So "Dude"......I questioned your comment (that's why I "gotta jump all ugly on you".....and if you have issues with people debating your "opinions" (which you are entitled to), then that's something you need to work out.

o·pin·ion

noun

noun: opinion; plural noun: opinions

"a view or judgment formed about something, : a belief, judgment, or way of thinking about something : what someone thinks about a particular thing"

Your an idiot.. that's my opinion....Opinions can't be wrong you dope... the simply are...

Edited by RANGERNUT 2016-08-18 8:13 AM
Mandar
Posted 2016-08-18 9:09 AM (#663831 - in reply to #663830)

MVP

RANGERNUT - 2016-08-18 10:12 AM

Mandar - 2016-08-18 7:14 AM

o·pin·ion

noun

noun: opinion; plural noun: opinions

"a view or judgment formed about something, : a belief, judgment, or way of thinking about something : what someone thinks about a particular thing"

Your an idiot.. that's my opinion....Opinions can't be wrong you dope... the simply are...

cant be wrong? aren't you special to always have correct opinions. Obviously no one ever changes an opinion since they are never wrong.

also... "the simply are"...... your English class lesson must have missed the day they talked about sentence structure.....but that's just my opinion. Maybe you can look that up in your special dictionary......along with "Your an idiot"....perhaps the use of "You're" would be correct....again, just my opinion. Interesting when someone gets all smug about dictionary terms and such.....then go out and spout the sentences you did. Again, just my opinion.....
RANGERNUT
Posted 2016-08-18 9:26 AM (#663832 - in reply to #663753)

All-Star

Jimmy Vesey has finished his meetings, will decide soon

Jimmy Vesey has finished his two days of interviews with seven teams and will reportedly take today and possibly tomorrow to make his decision. (McDonald)

Vesey met with the Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Bruins, Blackhawks, Penguins, Leafs and previously met with the Sabres who held his rights.

The Bruins, Vesey's hometown team, reportedly "did well" in their meeting yesterday. (Boston Herald)

The Bruins met with Vesey for 2 1/2 hours at their practice facility. (WEEI)

The Rangers reportedly met with Vesey at the Intercontinental Hotel in Boston, with Alain Vigneault as part of the group that included Jeff Gorton and Kevin Hayes (Tim)

Adam Rotter: Now it's a waiting game for Vesey to make his decision. I'd expect that throughout the day some teams will start to be crossed off and by tomorrow there will be a very short list of teams that he is considering. The belief from many around the league is that the Rangers will be on that short list tomorrow but ultimately no one knows where he will actually sign. There are different factors pulling at Vesey and you can make an argument for every team that he met with. It's a tough decision for him but it shouldn't be more than a day or two before we know where he is playing hockey this season.
Vua
Posted 2016-08-18 10:37 AM (#663833 - in reply to #663827)

All-Star

Pretty much. You don't need the cap space right now for the bonuses, just the salary. You can make in season adjustments to the team if you're afraid he would hit them or absorb the bonuses the following season if you go over the cap because of it. Any team can maneuver money around if needed, and if he's worth the salary, a team will get him signed. This really has absolutely nothing to do with money.
Mandar
Posted 2016-08-18 12:32 PM (#663835 - in reply to #663833)

MVP

Vua - 2016-08-18 12:37 PM

Pretty much. You don't need the cap space right now for the bonuses, just the salary. You can make in season adjustments to the team if you're afraid he would hit them or absorb the bonuses the following season if you go over the cap because of it. Any team can maneuver money around if needed, and if he's worth the salary, a team will get him signed. This really has absolutely nothing to do with money.

voice of reason.
Mjolnir
Posted 2016-08-18 1:57 PM (#663836 - in reply to #663832)

Legend

RANGERNUT - 2016-08-18 11:26 AM

Vesey met with the Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Bruins, Blackhawks, Penguins, Leafs and previously met with the Sabres who held his rights.

FINALLY -- an answer.
robstones
Posted 2016-08-18 2:53 PM (#663837 - in reply to #663833)

Legend

Tell that to a guy like Hagelin. He was worth the raise, but The Rangers couldn't afford him. It happens all the time. On a team like Chicago or Pittsburgh.. even Buffalo... He may not stick around past the two years due to influx of new talent.

The Rangers, I see a future for him if he pans out.

I've read the Penguins can't really afford him. Small market teams may not be comfortable giving out 3 million to a rookie... forget the cap.... Buffalo, The Islanders and New Jersey may want to hold on to that extra two million to compensate for lacknowledge of sales
Vua
Posted 2016-08-18 5:05 PM (#663839 - in reply to #663837)

All-Star

robstones - 2016-08-18 2:53 PM

Tell that to a guy like Hagelin. He was worth the raise, but The Rangers couldn't afford him. It happens all the time. On a team like Chicago or Pittsburgh.. even Buffalo... He may not stick around past the two years due to influx of new talent.

The Rangers, I see a future for him if he pans out.

I've read the Penguins can't really afford him. Small market teams may not be comfortable giving out 3 million to a rookie... forget the cap.... Buffalo, The Islanders and New Jersey may want to hold on to that extra two million to compensate for lacknowledge of sales

I loved Hags but he didn't deserve that much money. Sorry. And they aren't giving him $3 million, for him to get that he has to be one of the best players in the league. Any team in the league would gladly pay $3 million for an All-Star, MVP candidate and top 10 scorer in the league. And honestly, Vesey isn't going to hit those bonuses no matter what team he goes to.

Edited by Vua 2016-08-18 5:07 PM
Gresch4
Posted 2016-08-19 10:06 AM (#663854 - in reply to #663753)

Incarcerated Bob IBN þ@incarceratedbob 2m2 minutes ago
If reports are true and Rags do sign Matt Gilroy .... congrats
#VeseyWatch

Vegas Gambling Steam ?@Pregame_Steam 18m18 minutes ago
Breaking: NCAA Star @19Vesey #Vesey will sign with NY Rangers (Hawks/Islanders) finished 2nd/3rd sources confirmed.
@TSNBobMcKenzie @adater
Ranjaz023
Posted 2016-08-19 10:06 AM (#663855 - in reply to #663753)

I see this move as a major domino for the season. The comps have him in the mold of Kreider which would be fantastic but still unrealistic. I think his value comes from what others have pointed out here, depth. He is literally worth more to us on ELC. He would free up a Nash trade. The cap space could be used to resign Shattenkirk if they get him. The flexibility he offers is IMO worth the 2.5m in bonuses they would commit to him. If they don't get him I won't loose sleep but it has a real down roster impact if they do.
Gresch4
Posted 2016-08-19 10:08 AM (#663856 - in reply to #663753)

Arthur Staple ?@StapeNewsday 2h2 hours ago
Nothing final yet, but hearing it's #NYR or #CHI for Jimmy Vesey. Tavares made a strong pitch for #Isles but they fell short, it appears.
Rranger
Posted 2016-08-19 10:09 AM (#663857 - in reply to #663753)

MVP

Neil Smith
Neil Smith – Verified account ?@nycneil

Jimmy Vesey will be with an American original 6 team I'm hearing. @NYRangers & @NHLBlackhawks are finalists according to multiple sources.
8:46 AM - 19 Aug 2016
105 RETWEETS63 LIKES

Interesting nugget from ex GM
Gresch4
Posted 2016-08-19 10:09 AM (#663858 - in reply to #663753)

Or from me
Ranjaz023
Posted 2016-08-19 10:15 AM (#663859 - in reply to #663753)

Breaking news: Vesey's jersey will have red in it.
scthockey2294
Posted 2016-08-19 11:17 AM (#663860 - in reply to #663753)

Scorer

Chi or NYR

Wants to play close to home...so
Rranger
Posted 2016-08-19 12:22 PM (#663861 - in reply to #663858)

MVP

Gresch4 - 2016-08-19 9:09 AM

Or from me

What?
Spider3WideBanana
Posted 2016-08-19 3:58 PM (#663867 - in reply to #663753)

Vesey is a Ranger
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2016-08-30 2:32 PM (#663956 - in reply to #663753)

All-Star

http://www.blueshirtsunited.com/video/getting-know-jimmy-vesey
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2017-01-22 6:10 AM (#666590 - in reply to #663753)

All-Star

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/16f482e1-3b4e-30bb-9c99-a6876b44f4f6/ss...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software