Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Latest NYR rumors...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >
Now viewing page 22 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

robstones
Posted 2017-08-28 8:25 PM (#679601 - in reply to #677153)
Subject: Re: Latest NYR rumors...

Legend

Yeah the defense coach is there just for show. AV demanded Staal and Holden go on the ice, and Buek just bit his lip. Makes sense.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-28 8:56 PM (#679602 - in reply to #679601)

All-Star

robstones - 2017-08-28 7:25 PM

Yeah the defense coach is there just for show. AV demanded Staal and Holden go on the ice, and Buek just bit his lip. Makes sense.

Now your catching on.
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-08-28 9:03 PM (#679603 - in reply to #679599)

Legend

Rranger - 2017-08-28 10:08 PM

The buck stops with the coach. Spare me the bull that double mint is not telling the coaches in that situation who HE wants on the ice. Or did you forget HE forgot about Smith.

Isn't it interesting that NO ONE even mentioned Beuk during those defensive fiascos? That in itself says a lot.

I think if Beuk had an ounce of input, McIlrath would have gotten more time....whether it would have helped, I can't say...but I think he would have been given a full chance to fail.
Mcphee
Posted 2017-08-28 9:20 PM (#679604 - in reply to #679603)

Rookie

^This^
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-28 10:08 PM (#679606 - in reply to #679603)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2017-08-28 8:03 PM

The buck stops with the coach. Spare me the bull that double mint is not telling the coaches in that situation who HE wants on the ice. Or did you forget HE forgot about Smith.

Isn't it interesting that NO ONE even mentioned Beuk during those defensive fiascos? That in itself says a lot.

I think if Beuk had an ounce of input, McIlrath would have gotten more time....whether it would have helped, I can't say...but I think he would have been given a full chance to fail.

I've always had the opinion McIlrath did nothing to warrant not playing third pair while here. And totally agree he did not get the fair chance to fail. Not saying he would have or not, but in his time here, did not deserve the Vigneault freeze out.
From all reports Detroit was very happy with the way he finished up in the AHL for their farm team. I've always thought he'd play in the NHL, and still do. I would not be at all suprised to see him in Detroit this season.
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-08-28 11:05 PM (#679607 - in reply to #679606)

Legend

Rranger - 2017-08-29 12:08 AM

I've always had the opinion McIlrath did nothing to warrant not playing third pair while here. And totally agree he did not get the fair chance to fail. Not saying he would have or not, but in his time here, did not deserve the Vigneault freeze out.
From all reports Detroit was very happy with the way he finished up in the AHL for their farm team. I've always thought he'd play in the NHL, and still do. I would not be at all suprised to see him in Detroit this season.

I agree. He and Yandle"s best games as Rangers came when they were a pair -- that's saying a lot since I couldn't stand Yandle and never could (and still don't) see what all the fuss was about.

Edited by Mjolnir 2017-08-28 11:40 PM
RANGERNUT
Posted 2017-08-29 4:34 AM (#679608 - in reply to #677153)

All-Star

Rangers expected to pursue Russian forward Zaripov (Updates)

Aug 28 | 4:39PM

8/28/17 | 4:35PM: The NHL has announced that Zaripov is "immediately eligible" to play in the NHL.

The NHL's statement notes that because of different lists relating to banned substances, Zaripov likely would not have been suspended had he been tested in the NHL.

8/26/17 | The Rangers are expected to pursue Russian forward Danis Zaripov, if he becomes available, after having his KHL contract voided. (Sportsnet)

Zaripov, 36, was suspended for two-years by the IIHF after testing positive for "banned stimulants plus substances prohibited as diuretics and masking agents." (Sportsnet)

When told of the news he said that he was shocked and planned to appeal. (Sportsnet)

He has spent his entire career in Russia and he was nearly a point per game player in over 475 KHL games.

He had 15 goals in 18 playoff games for Magnitagorsk last season.

Former Ranger Pavel Bure said that it was "sad" for a player like Zaripov to get as long a suspension as he did. (Live Sport)

Rene Fasel, the President of the IIHF, said that the NHL and IIHF have a "verbal agreement" to honor decisions made by the other party, but added that certain details may allow Zaripov to play in the NHL. (Live Sport)

Adam Rotter: Things, from a legal perspective, still need to be worked out to see if Zaripov will even be eligible to play in the NHL, but he certainly looks like a proven KHL scorer. Vegas, according to Elliotte Freidman, is also expected to pursue and they are probably more desperate than the Rangers to sign the Russian winger. The Rangers are still relatively deep on the wings and while they probably do have some interest, I would guess they would have more interest if he were a center.
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-08-29 6:59 AM (#679609 - in reply to #679608)

Legend

RANGERNUT - 2017-08-29 6:34 AM

8/28/17 | 4:35PM: The NHL has announced that Zaripov is "immediately eligible" to play in the NHL.

The NHL's statement notes that because of different lists relating to banned substances, Zaripov likely would not have been suspended had he been tested in the NHL.

8/26/17 | The Rangers are expected to pursue Russian forward Danis Zaripov, if he becomes available, after having his KHL contract voided. (Sportsnet)

Zaripov, 36, was suspended for two-years by the IIHF after testing positive for "banned stimulants plus substances prohibited as diuretics and masking agents." (Sportsnet)

When told of the news he said that he was shocked and planned to appeal. (Sportsnet)

He has spent his entire career in Russia and he was nearly a point per game player in over 475 KHL games.

Former Ranger Pavel Bure said that it was "sad" for a player like Zaripov to get as long a suspension as he did. (Live Sport)

Rene Fasel, the President of the IIHF, said that the NHL and IIHF have a "verbal agreement" to honor decisions made by the other party, but added that certain details may allow Zaripov to play in the NHL. (Live Sport)

Adam Rotter: Things, from a legal perspective, still need to be worked out to see if Zaripov will even be eligible to play in the NHL, but he certainly looks like a proven KHL scorer. Vegas, according to Elliotte Freidman, is also expected to pursue and they are probably more desperate than the Rangers to sign the Russian winger. The Rangers are still relatively deep on the wings and while they probably do have some interest, I would guess they would have more interest if he were a center.

This is just stupid.
RANGERNUT
Posted 2017-08-29 7:19 AM (#679611 - in reply to #679609)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2017-08-29 6:59 AM

RANGERNUT - 2017-08-29 6:34 AM

This is just stupid.

"Hockey's Different Here"
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-29 7:37 AM (#679612 - in reply to #677153)

All-Star

If we wanted a 36 year old forward. We would of kept Stepan.
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-29 9:06 AM (#679613 - in reply to #679607)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2017-08-28 10:05 PM

Rranger - 2017-08-29 12:08 AM

I agree. He and Yandle"s best games as Rangers came when they were a pair -- that's saying a lot since I couldn't stand Yandle and never could (and still don't) see what all the fuss was about.

Yandle was pretty much Sathers last shiny penny. Terrible organizational analysis of his expected impact, compounded by a moron coach who gave him no opportunity to succeed.
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-29 9:07 AM (#679614 - in reply to #679612)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2017-08-29 6:37 AM

Buwahaha excellent Mikey.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-29 9:20 AM (#679615 - in reply to #679614)

All-Star

Rranger - 2017-08-29 9:07 AM

Mikey Red - 2017-08-29 6:37 AM

Buwahaha excellent Mikey.

he he he lol
RANGERNUT
Posted 2017-08-29 10:49 AM (#679618 - in reply to #677153)

All-Star

The plan for the Hartford Wolf Pack this season

10:39AM 8/29/17

After finishing last in the AHL in points and in goals allowed, the Hartford Wolf Pack removed Ken Gernander as head coach and promoted assistant Keith McCambridge to be head coach.

New Hartford GM, and Rangers assistant GM Chris Drury, said that McCambridge has "terrific communication skills" and that the main objective of a coach is to get through to players and get the best out of them. (Hartford Courant)

Wolf Pack coach Keith McCambridge was on TSN1290 on earlier in the summer and said:
•On last season's Hartford team, "we knew that there would be some good prospects and guys who had a chance to play for the Rangers. We worked on getting them better and getting their strengths up."
•"we will have some young and exciting players

Patrick Williams, who has covered the AHL and McCambridge tweeted earlier this summer, "He is affable but firm. Great 1-on-1 teacher. McCambridge doesn't play favourites. Top prospect or not, everybody is held to the same standards.---- regarding playing within the structure."

Drury said that the AHL is a developmental league but that he wants the Wolf Pack to play in "meaningful games" and learn how to win, be a good teammate and develop "leadership skills." (Hartford Courant)

The Wolf Pack will mirror Alain Vigneault's system and structure as much as they can in an effort make things easier for players who are called up. (Hartford Courant) "No wonder they were last in the league"

Drury said that he feels the Rangers have been able to "restock" their team in Hartford over the last 1-2 years. (Hartford Courant)

Edited by RANGERNUT 2017-08-29 10:50 AM
RANGERNUT
Posted 2017-08-29 12:13 PM (#679621 - in reply to #677153)

All-Star

Tanner Glass (Calgary) & Brandon Pirri (Florida) going to training camp on PTOs

1:35PM 8/29/17

Former Ranger Tanner Glass is going to Flames training camp on a PTO. (Sportsnet)

He could be battling for a spot in Calgary with fellow former Ranger Marek Hrivik.

Before the Rangers were eliminated by Ottawa in the playoffs, Alain Vigneault said the following about Glass:
•"Veteran player getting sent down is never easy. I knew Tanner real well, I knew he would go down there and be a real good role model and work real hard and that is what he did."
•Is Glass' game any different, 'nope, same Tanner."
•"Tanner is just playing the game he has always played, North/South and when he has an opportunity to finish a check he does. He's an honest player."

The Panthers announced that former Ranger Brandon Pirri would be going to their training camp on a PTO.

Pirri had previously played with Florida and there were rumors he might play this season in Switzerland.

The Rangers did not extend Pirri a qualifying offer following this past season.

Edited by RANGERNUT 2017-08-29 12:14 PM
RANGERNUT
Posted 2017-08-30 9:36 AM (#679640 - in reply to #677153)

All-Star

How Desharnais has been looked at over the past few sesaons

10:53AM 8/30/17

Heading into this season, David Desharnais is projected to score 7 goals and 20 assists by The Sports Forecaster.

They write that Desharnais was "maligned" in Montreal because of his size and inconsistency but he found "new life" with the Oilers after being traded their last season and playing a bottom six role.

They added, "the industrious vet never quits which is an admirable attitude."

Over the past four-years, Sports Forecaster has said the following about Desharnais:

2016-17: He was taken off of Pacioretty's line and his numbers tumbled last season. Pushed further down the lineup, Desharnais struggled to create offense and saw his point total decrease by 19. His month-long absence due to a broken foot also contributed to his decline. At this point Desharnais may no longer have much of a role to play." (Scoring projection: 14 goals, 29 assists | Actual: )

2015-16: He's doing something right when his linemate is scoring 37 goals. Desharnais has undeniable chemistry with Max Pacioretty on a scoring line. His totals were underwhelming for a playmaking center but he maintained a consistent scoring pace for the fourth straight season. This may be as good as it gets." (Scoring projection: 12 goals, 36 assists)

2014-15: "When the Mayor of Montreal calls you out, it's a big deal. That's what happened to Desharnais last season during his early slump. He straightened up and went on to produce respectable numbers. Two things are crucial for Desharnais: distributing to Max Pacioretty and being a lynchpin on the PP." (Scoring projection: 14 goals, 33 assists)

2013-14: "Did Cinderella temporarily misplace the glass slipper or has the clock struck midnight for Desharnais? It was going to be hard to follow up his 60-point breakout season of 11-12 but more was still expected of the diminutive, yet productive pivot. Can he bounce back? He needs a fast start in 13-14 because the Habs have options." (Scoring projection: 13 goals, 24 assists)

Adam Rotter: Desharnais should have nowhere near the expectations he had in Montreal with the Rangers. He won't be on a scoring line with the team's best forward and he is on a very low risk one-year deal worth $1 million. If things don't work out with Desharnais the Rangers can move on without much of an issue. He's a hard working, veteran center who has enough skill that he could probably get close to 40 points, especially if he is on the third line and someone like Pavel Buchnevich and/or JT Miller are with him.
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-08-30 10:13 AM (#679648 - in reply to #677153)

Legend

Oiler fans weren't unhappy to see him go.
Mcphee
Posted 2017-08-30 10:58 AM (#679653 - in reply to #679648)

Rookie

Neither were Montreal fans.
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-30 11:13 AM (#679656 - in reply to #677153)

All-Star

He's here because his only NHL supporter Michel Therien put a bug in his buddy Vigneaults ear. The only success he ever had was because of Pacioretty. When they were broken up he was on his way out of town. Frankly the Rangers are in a heap of trouble if he makes the team. As silly a signing as Gerbe last season. The good news is this might be Vigneaults final nail.
Mcphee
Posted 2017-08-30 12:14 PM (#679663 - in reply to #679656)

Rookie

Chewbacca loves his veterans but this team is so much better if Andersson and Nieves are the third and fourth line centers.just don't know if the coach will play 2 rookies over a veteran.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-30 12:30 PM (#679666 - in reply to #677153)

All-Star

No way Mr. Mcphee....Bazooka Joe AV hates kids
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-30 12:37 PM (#679668 - in reply to #679663)

All-Star

Mcphee - 2017-08-30 11:14 AM

Chewbacca loves his veterans but this team is so much better if Andersson and Nieves are the third and fourth line centers.just don't know if the coach will play 2 rookies over a veteran.

I don't disagree, but they might be a heap better by putting Miller at center and leaving him until they figure out how good he can be. He's been a go to top center guy on every team he played on til he got to New York. He has the talent and grit to push for the number one role here. And you don't know til he's put to the test of 30 40 games his ceiling. If double mint is going to play his mind games every time Miller stubs his toe we will never know. Imo Gorton has put the Rangers in a very vulnerable position and actually strengthened double mints position, in the event of a Ranger fall off. If Zibanejad's game doesn't take a pretty significant jump the Rangers have a deep hole, that is not countered by the Shattenkirk signing. I have little faith in Hayes being the go to center on any NHL team let alone one always on the edge of the Stanley Cup mix.
Vigneault know has the fall back to blame the center position for any slow start.
Mcphee
Posted 2017-08-30 12:53 PM (#679670 - in reply to #679668)

Rookie

While you may be right,if the defense doesn't drastically improve over last year,then that could also be helpful in speeding up Double Mints departure from the team.I also think that Nieves has played some wing in the past,so him at wing if Miller is at center is ok.As long as De****nais isn't top 12.

Edited by Mcphee 2017-08-30 12:55 PM
robstones
Posted 2017-08-30 1:25 PM (#679671 - in reply to #677153)

Legend

I love Miller at center. Hopefully he's been working on his faceoff skills, but he sits at 45.8 FOW% in his career.... I honestly thought he was more. It seems like he wins it everytime I notice him taking the draw.

Nash Zib Zucc
Kreids Miller Buch
Grabner Hayes Vesey

Is how I have the top 9.

Have Deshernais and Fast who can play up in the lineup in case of injury.... Hopefully Andersson is ready to fill out that final roster spot, and help add depth while Fast heals up.

I think they'll be looking to make a trade for a top C up until the deadline, but till then, that top 9 will be good. If Zibanejad gets hurt, this team is in trouble, though.... Hayes... JT.... alll gotta stay healthy. Imagine being stuck with

Hayes 1c
Miller 2c
Deshernais 3c
Nieves 4c

... for a month?? yikes...

This team is going to be all about the top pair of
McDonagh Shattenkirk, though....
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-30 1:42 PM (#679672 - in reply to #677153)

All-Star

I dont think we can wait for Taveres lol...We need to get a legit top line Center......Go get Mackinnon or Duchene
jobat317
Posted 2017-08-30 5:52 PM (#679691 - in reply to #677153)

Prospect

I agree, no sense in waiting for a disaster to happen. Make the deal now and avoid paying thru the nose later when you're in desperate straits. Of course this also means clearing cap space in order to do so. That means parting ways with either Kreider or Miller and another player.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-30 5:57 PM (#679692 - in reply to #677153)

All-Star

Kreider needs to be the 6'3" 230 lb. monster this year or send him packing
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-08-30 6:06 PM (#679693 - in reply to #679653)

Legend

Mcphee - 2017-08-30 12:58 PM

Neither were Montreal fans.

I was ecstatic.
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-08-30 6:07 PM (#679695 - in reply to #679656)

Legend

Rranger - 2017-08-30 1:13 PM

He's here because his only NHL supporter Michel Therien put a bug in his buddy Vigneaults ear.

Hmmm...I'm picking up a pattern here....same thing happened when Rangers got Holden.....Roy calls Viggy crying "you got my defenseman" and Holden became a top 4 guy.
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-30 8:35 PM (#679707 - in reply to #679695)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2017-08-30 5:07 PM

He's here because his only NHL supporter Michel Therien put a bug in his buddy Vigneaults ear.

Hmmm...I'm picking up a pattern here....same thing happened when Rangers got Holden.....Roy calls Viggy crying "you got my defenseman" and Holden became a top 4 guy.

I'd bet money on it. There are articles about Therrien's favouritism of Desharnais. Vigneault is always gushing about his buddy Therrien. Do the math. For the Rangers to be sitting here end of August and Desharnais pencilled in as the THIRD center is asinine. Vigneault has already gassed Miller from opportunity to play center, so here we freaking go.
RANGERNUT
Posted 2017-08-31 12:35 PM (#679735 - in reply to #677153)

All-Star

Looking at the Rangers as a team that could be in danger of missing the playoffs

1:50PM 8/31/17

"and this is exactly what I spoke about in a previous post.. this team is in no way a threat to anybody as it stands going into camp and frankly unless we somehow pull off a miracle and acquire a legit #1 center I believe we wont make the play-offs as more and more writers are realizing and starting to have the courage to put in writing"..

Kevin Allen of USA Today lists the Rangers as a team in danger of missing the playoffs.

He says that "on paper" the Rangers look like a playoff team but they have a number of questions and unknowns "to put them on the watch list."

Some of the questions that Allen has include whether Mika Zibanejad is a #1 center, will Kevin Hayes, Jimmy Vesey and Pavel Buchnevich step up their games and if Kevin Shattenkirk will be a "dominant performer."

Projections for this season so far have the Rangers as a playoff team in the East.

The Rangers finished fourth in the Metro last season, with the first Wild Card, while certain projections before the season had them missing the playoffs.

Adam Rotter: The Rangers, to me, will finish in about the same spot they did last season as long as Henrik is healthy, Kevin Shattenkirk makes the impact that is expected and they can trot out a deep group of young, improving forwards. A more mobile group of defensemen, with the hopeful continued progression of Brady Skjei, should all the Rangers to execute Alain Vigneault's style at a higher level and hopefully keep the puck out of their own zone. There are questions about the Rangers like there are questions about every team. Are they deep enough down the middle? Will young wingers like Buchnevich and Vesey score enough to offset a possible drop in Michael Grabner's production? What will happen with Marc Staal and who will fill the third pair? Some of these questions will get ironed out in training camp and others will play out into the season but if the Rangers get the level of play that is expected they will certainly be in the playoffs.

Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-31 12:52 PM (#679736 - in reply to #679707)

All-Star

Rranger - 2017-08-30 8:35 PM

I'd bet money on it. There are articles about Therrien's favouritism of Desharnais. Vigneault is always gushing about his buddy Therrien. Do the math. For the Rangers to be sitting here end of August and Desharnais pencilled in as the THIRD center is asinine. Vigneault has already gassed Miller from opportunity to play center, so here we freaking go.

Look how MSL and Benoit Pouliot got treated here tells you all need to now about AV
robstones
Posted 2017-08-31 3:57 PM (#679738 - in reply to #677153)

Legend

The Met is going to be even harder this year than last year..... No, The Rangers aren't a lock for the playoffs.... but no one is....
concust
Posted 2017-08-31 3:58 PM (#679739 - in reply to #679707)

Legend

Rranger - 2017-08-30 9:35 PM

Umm, not to appear as though I'm defending AV but have you seen our center depth? Desharnais is pretty clearly the third line center at this point. The only other options are Andersson (0 NHL games) Nieves (1 NHL game) Paul Carey (32 NHL games)?

Moving Miller to C is clearly not something they are going to do.
robstones
Posted 2017-08-31 4:06 PM (#679741 - in reply to #677153)

Legend

I won't get down on Deshernais until he plays.... He's small, but he's a pretty good player who may just fit the system and click.

Pouliot was **** till he played with Brassard and Zuccarello in a blue uniform.
Jump to page : < ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >
Now viewing page 22 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software