Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Andersson signed
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 4 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

robstones
Posted 2017-08-05 1:30 PM (#678774 - in reply to #677965)
Subject: Re: Andersson signed

Legend

He'll get a nice long look in camp, then eventually play in Sweden unless he can play in Hartford, but I don't think he can yet, right?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
robstones
Posted 2017-08-05 1:31 PM (#678775 - in reply to #678774)

Legend

He'll get a nice long look in camp, then eventually play in Sweden unless he can play in Hartford, but I don't think he can yet, right?

Either way I bet we see him again at the end of the season as at least a black ace

Edited by robstones 2017-08-05 1:32 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-05 1:31 PM (#678776 - in reply to #678773)

MVP

robstones - 2017-08-05 1:28 PM

Preferably Canadian juniors vs playing for Frolunda? That's loco

I wouldn't mind it...Playing against kids his age and see how he does...probably a more physical league...Did you see Sean Day last night? So not impressed
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-05 2:05 PM (#678777 - in reply to #678773)

All-Star

robstones - 2017-08-05 12:28 PM

Preferably Canadian juniors vs playing for Frolunda? That's loco

Players come out of junior hockey every year and a lot of them play as well and better in the NHL than usually older players coming from Europe. Or Frolunda lol.!
It could be argued European players have a bigger adjustment coming over here with a huge jump in number of games played being being one adjustment, food, lifestyle, travel ect. Ect. It's not near the adjustment for junior players, they have been through the 80 game schedules plus playoffs. Andersson' s offensive skills would improve better in junior because he would get more opportunity, that plus becoming accustomed to more games is a win win for him.
He's just a number in Frolunda, in junior hockey he's expected to be a top point producer, and a go to guy in all circumstances. Just because your playing against men, doesn't mean it's best for development. I could rattle off the thousands of junior hockey grads that were not shortcut in development because they played junior hockey instead of a men's league in Europe.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-08-06 3:12 AM (#678780 - in reply to #677965)

Regular

Blah, blah, blah. Swedes IMO are the most prepared for the NHL at a young age. Especially very high picks with a lot of talent. However, IMO, the best league for development for the NHL has always been the AHL.
robstones
Posted 2017-08-06 7:01 AM (#678781 - in reply to #677965)

Legend

I'd rather have him in the AHL, yeah. That's a pro men's league. His offense and defense needs to develop, not thrive.... there's a difference. (Ask Grachev)

Dominating teenagers won't do as much as earning ice time among men.... I THINK he can play in the AHL, though. I'm not positive of the rules, but I think Lias meets all the requirements to play in the AHL as an 18 year old.

That said, the Swedish league is a more competitive league. I choose the AHL because he'd have a chance of being called up, and playin within The Rangers' structure, but he'd be forced to play at a higher level in Sweden..... certainly a tougher league than juniors
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 8:18 AM (#678782 - in reply to #678781)

MVP

He needs the closest thing to the NHL...The NHL is a physical league....I doubt the Sweden league is physical at all...Im not sure of the rules either...but do we want him on the Pack? That is a very bad team...also Rob...in order to use pieces to get better....Sean Day is on the table if necessary
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 8:28 AM (#678783 - in reply to #677965)

MVP

Nash, Day, Graves, Beregalaz, Holden should all be in play to get a Trouba or a Mackinnon
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-06 8:52 AM (#678784 - in reply to #678780)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-08-06 2:12 AM

Blah, blah, blah. Swedes IMO are the most prepared for the NHL at a young age. Especially very high picks with a lot of talent. However, IMO, the best league for development for the NHL has always been the AHL.

Lol. Another gem from the land of the board Dunderhead. In your opinion when was the last time one of your best prepared swedes won the rookie of the year? A 23 year old Daniel who?, 20 years ago. Surely one of the most prepared players for the NHL would have lucked out since. And don't bother with Gabriel Landeskog who came to Canada for two years of junior hockey before he won the rookie . . Actually look at the facts instead of instead of sticking up for your favourite olympic teams jammies.
And try to stay on point, the discussion was specifically Andersson and Junior hockey development, versus Sweden. The AHL is another discussion.

Edited by Rranger 2017-08-06 9:19 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 9:06 AM (#678786 - in reply to #677965)

MVP

It looks like last nights USA vs Canada WJSS Finals that Sean Day was a healthy scratch
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-06 9:14 AM (#678788 - in reply to #678781)

All-Star

robstones - 2017-08-06 6:01 AM

I'd rather have him in the AHL, yeah. That's a pro men's league. His offense and defense needs to develop, not thrive.... there's a difference. (Ask Grachev)

Dominating teenagers won't do as much as earning ice time among men.... I THINK he can play in the AHL, though. I'm not positive of the rules, but I think Lias meets all the requirements to play in the AHL as an 18 year old.

That said, the Swedish league is a more competitive league. I choose the AHL because he'd have a chance of being called up, and playin within The Rangers' structure, but he'd be forced to play at a higher level in Sweden..... certainly a tougher league than juniors

You have zero evidence to hold the swedish league to a higher development standard than Jr hockey, other than Dunderheads opinion. How bads that? . Do you really think the Frolunda coach will give two craps abnout Anderssons development knowing he would only be there for this season, assuming he goes there. And Grachev sucked it wouldn't have mattered where he played, verey weak argument if thats all you got. Thriving is good it builds confidence and develops skill. Andersson is not that good l that he's going to blow the doors off Jr hockey. He would experience plenty of lumps. He would be going there to work on his offense. Playing third and fourth line in any league does not equate to offensive development. The best direction for Anderssons development is improving his offensive game, he has the defense and compete in place. He is not going to develop offensively over there without the opportunity, and he won't get it. He's number three or four every day of the week over there..

Edited by Rranger 2017-08-06 9:16 AM
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-06 9:17 AM (#678789 - in reply to #678786)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2017-08-06 8:06 AM

It looks like last nights USA vs Canada WJSS Finals that Sean Day was a healthy scratch

Day is in tough to make that team, and he's not even close to the Rangers yet.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 9:23 AM (#678790 - in reply to #678789)

MVP

Rranger - 2017-08-06 9:17 AM

Mikey Red - 2017-08-06 8:06 AM

Day is in tough to make that team, and he's not even close to the Rangers yet.

Yep from what ive see so far definitely...not even remotely close.....deal him
Mcphee
Posted 2017-08-06 9:47 AM (#678791 - in reply to #678790)

Rookie

I think it would be better for Andersson to play over here since I'm pretty sure they play with a wider ice surface in Sweden and while adjusting to the North American game he could adjust to the different size rink in the AHL.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 10:03 AM (#678792 - in reply to #678791)

MVP

Mcphee - 2017-08-06 9:47 AM

I think it would be better for Andersson to play over here since I'm pretty sure they play with a wider ice surface in Sweden and while adjusting to the North American game he could adjust to the different size rink in the AHL.

True....I wouldn't mind the ice being expanded here either...Players are way bigger today...with way bigger pads and are way faster than yesterday...Too much clutching and grabbing...no space to make plays in tight....too much shot blocking....I know its a pipe dream tho lol
robstones
Posted 2017-08-06 10:04 AM (#678793 - in reply to #678788)

Legend

Rranger - 2017-08-06 11:14 AM

You have zero evidence to hold the swedish league to a higher development standard than Jr hockey, other than Dunderheads opinion. How bads that? . Do you really think the Frolunda coach will give two craps abnout Anderssons development knowing he would only be there for this season, assuming he goes there. And Grachev sucked it wouldn't have mattered where he played, verey weak argument if thats all you got. Thriving is good it builds confidence and develops skill. Andersson is not that good l that he's going to blow the doors off Jr hockey. He would experience plenty of lumps. He would be going there to work on his offense. Playing third and fourth line in any league does not equate to offensive development. The best direction for Anderssons development is improving his offensive game, he has the defense and compete in place. He is not going to develop offensively over there without the opportunity, and he won't get it. He's number three or four every day of the week over there..

The Swedish League is better defense and goaltending than maybe even the AHL, let alone juniors. It's a more competitive league.... Will the coach care about Andersson's development? Will the coach care about maximizing his players' production? Those are silly questions.... He's going to put Andersson where he belongs. If he wants top 6 minutes, he'll have to earn it.

Lias may not be the top line center for Frolunda, but how won't his offense develop? Because he won't score 40 goals against 16 year olds? Instead he'll score 10 against men, some of which can or have played in the NHL....

He's the captain of the Swedish WJ team for a reason..... He has the most experience. He would absolutely blow the doors off the WHL or the OHL or QMJL.... He blew the doors off the swedish junior league...

He needs to be playing and training with men in the most competitive league possible. It's why he moved up to the men's league last year. He's done competing against juniors.
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-06 10:50 AM (#678794 - in reply to #678793)

All-Star

robstones - 2017-08-06 9:04 AM

Rranger - 2017-08-06 11:14 AM

The Swedish League is better defense and goaltending than maybe even the AHL, let alone juniors. It's a more competitive league.... Will the coach care about Andersson's development? Will the coach care about maximizing his players' production? Those are silly questions.... He's going to put Andersson where he belongs. If he wants top 6 minutes, he'll have to earn it.

Lias may not be the top line center for Frolunda, but how won't his offense develop? Because he won't score 40 goals against 16 year olds? Instead he'll score 10 against men, some of which can or have played in the NHL....

He's the captain of the Swedish WJ team for a reason..... He has the most experience. He would absolutely blow the doors off the WHL or the OHL or QMJL.... He blew the doors off the swedish junior league...

He needs to be playing and training with men in the most competitive league possible. It's why he moved up to the men's league last year. He's done competing against juniors.

Try not to compare the depth of Jr hockey in Sweden to North America. It's a joke. There is no comparison. The best junior aged players move up to a elite league full of Swedish Jr grads who can't play anywhere else. Yes there are ex pros there usually ones on their last legs or not good enough to carve out a career here. There are many homegrown players over there in the elite league that couldn't play in the AHL.
Do a little research and you will see a maximum allowable four 16 year olds per team in junior hockey, and some teams not having four, so his 40 goals if he scored 40 wouldn't be against 16 year olds but if you want to BS to try to make a point good on you. And those 16 year olds are the best of the best. You have no idea how tough major Jr hockey is if you think he's quaranteed success.
There are also rumours of Andersson playing in Kitchener. There are reasons some teams bring drafted Europeans over here to play major junior.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-08-06 1:23 PM (#678795 - in reply to #677965)
Subject: RE: Andersson signed

Regular

Shocking. Another 2 year old response from Rranger who posts more negative, moronic crap than any poster on this board. I suggest sticking your head in a woodchipper and doing the rest of us a favor.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 1:29 PM (#678796 - in reply to #678795)

MVP

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-08-06 1:23 PM

Shocking. Another 2 year old response from Rranger who posts more negative, moronic crap than any poster on this board. I suggest sticking your head in a woodchipper and doing the rest of us a favor.

We haven't won the SC in almost 25 years.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-08-06 2:15 PM (#678797 - in reply to #677965)

Regular

Tank seasons on purpose or have the lottery fixed for you. Those seem to be one of the few ways to win a cup in the NHL.

As far as Rranger goes. There are two posters according to him. The posters who agree with the moronic crap he posts. The posters who don't which he spews is middle school crap at.

There have always been a huge amount of moron Rangers fans in love with every Russian prospect that comes along. Teams with lots of Russians in the NHL don't win cups. It's a fact. You might have the odd Russian like Malkin on a team. Other than that, check history. Most Russian players never sniff a cup. People have already thrown Halverson to the trash because of Shesterkin. I heard more crap about Buchnevich than I did Skjei, Hagelin, Dubinsky, Callahan, Girardi, Miller, Lindberg, Fast, Zucc, Anisimov, ect..... Honestly. he wasn't any good last year. Maybe down the line he will turn into something. Not holding my breath. I will take a talented Swede over a talented Russian every day. They usually are max effort, smart, two way players who you win cups with. Malkin is a great talent. He wins nothing without Crosby. He would be even worse than Ovie with playoff success.

Edited by itsmcilrathtime 2017-08-06 2:23 PM
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-06 2:18 PM (#678799 - in reply to #678795)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-08-06 12:23 PM

Your mommy wants her iPad back.
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-06 2:20 PM (#678800 - in reply to #678797)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-08-06 1:15 PM

Tank seasons on purpose or have the lottery fixed for you. Those seem to be one of the few ways to win a cup in the NHL.

As far as Rranger goes. There are two posters according to him. The posters who agree with the moronic crap he posts. The posters who don't which he spews is middle school crap at.

There have always been a huge amount of moron Rangers fans in love with every Russian prospect that comes along. Teams with lots of Russians in the NHL don't win cups. It's a fact. You might have the odd Russian like Malkin on a team. Other than that, check history. Most Russian players never sniff a cup. People have already thrown Halverson to the trash because of Shesterkin. I heard more crap about Buchnevich than I did Skjei, Hagelin, Dubinsky, Callahan, Girardi, Miller, Lindberg, Fast, Zucc, Anisimov, ect..... Honestly. we wasn't any good last year. Maybe down the line he will turn into something. Not holding my breath. I will take a talented Swede over a talented Russian every day. They usually are max effort, smart, two way players who you win cups with. Malkin is a great talent. He wins nothing without Crosby. He would be even worse than Ovie with playoff success.

Who are you arguing with now chipster? Or is it Dumpster? You seem to have a few names around here.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-08-06 2:22 PM (#678801 - in reply to #677965)

Regular

If dumbass Rranger knew anything about hockey prospects, he would know most junior prospects never amount to anything in the NHL. I This isn't 1980 any longer. Sadly, moron Rranger can't grasp that. Take a look at how many players came from leagues other than juniors this year in the draft. Colleges are producing more players than ever. One of the main problems with European leagues which Sped boy Rranger doesn't get is the players actually like playing for those leagues. They get paid well and they don't have to leave home if they want. So their is an attachment for them to stay. That is always a risk.

Edited by itsmcilrathtime 2017-08-06 2:26 PM
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-08-06 2:25 PM (#678802 - in reply to #677965)

Regular

Basically, Rranger's philosophy is as follows. All our prospects suck. Our head scout sucks. Our GM sucks. We should trade all our picks for other teams prospects or players. Those very teams who don't have 100 points every year and usually don't make the playoffs. This assclown probably thinks Graves and Zborovskiy aren't even legit prospects because he reads the anti-NY media crap like HF or THN who hate everything about the Rangers instead of listening to Clark who actually knows what he's doing.
robstones
Posted 2017-08-06 2:32 PM (#678803 - in reply to #677965)

Legend

The SHL is widely known as the 3rd best league in the world behind the NHL and KHL.

The Canadian juniors leagues are good, as is NCAA.... they're good., but the Swedish League is all around better.

It's like saying Buchnevich should have gone to play in the WHL instead of the KHL when he was developing.... It's better for him to play as a pro in a pro league against other pros....

You can have a different opinion, but you'd be going against conventional wisdom.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 2:34 PM (#678804 - in reply to #677965)

MVP

Mclrath not for nothing....If Sean Day is the untouchable of prospects....By watching the USA Finland game...that game showed he is not even close to being a Ranger....so what does that say about the rest of the prospects?
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-06 2:36 PM (#678805 - in reply to #678801)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-08-06 1:22 PM

If dumbass Rranger knew anything about hockey prospects, he would know most junior prospects never amount to anything in the NHL. I This isn't 1980 any longer. Sadly, moron Rranger can't grasp that. Take a look at how many players came from leagues other than juniors this year in the draft. Colleges are producing more players than ever. One of the main problems with European leagues which Sped boy Rranger doesn't get is the players actually like playing for those leagues. They get paid well and they don't have to leave home if they want. So their is an attachment for them to stay. That is always a risk.

You really should try to respond in one post, it's a nuisance pointing out the errors in your babbling in two posts. Most prospects period moron, not just Jr prospects moron don't make the NHL. Try to wrap your minute noodle around that one. By the way what a astute observation European players like playing at home in their leagues. Nothing gets by that steel trap of yours. Canadian Major Junior hockey has been churning out the same numbers for a long time, you know those things you and your masters degree use figuring out the probability of when you will actually be right about something.. The rest of your crap is you talking to yourself. If ever there was a mutt running after a car barking its you.

Edited by Rranger 2017-08-07 9:44 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 2:36 PM (#678806 - in reply to #677965)

MVP

Also Buchenevich get alot of love and he's always in everybodys top 6......I havent seen it yet from him either
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-06 2:38 PM (#678807 - in reply to #678802)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-08-06 1:25 PM

Basically, Rranger's philosophy is as follows. All our prospects suck. Our head scout sucks. Our GM sucks. We should trade all our picks for other teams prospects or players. Those very teams who don't have 100 points every year and usually don't make the playoffs. This assclown probably thinks Graves and Zborovskiy aren't even legit prospects because he reads the anti-NY media crap like HF or THN who hate everything about the Rangers instead of listening to Clark who actually knows what he's doing.

Never said prospects suck.
Never said GM sucks.
Never said trade all our picks.
Your the one babbling about Graves and Zboorovsky as usual.
So post some more made up stories dumpster.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 2:40 PM (#678808 - in reply to #677965)

MVP

He he he
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-06 2:43 PM (#678809 - in reply to #678803)

All-Star

robstones - 2017-08-06 1:32 PM

The SHL is widely known as the 3rd best league in the world behind the NHL and KHL.

The Canadian juniors leagues are good, as is NCAA.... they're good., but the Swedish League is all around better.

It's like saying Buchnevich should have gone to play in the WHL instead of the KHL when he was developing.... It's better for him to play as a pro in a pro league against other pros....

You can have a different opinion, but you'd be going against conventional wisdom.

We can agree to disagree. I've never said on a every player basis. In Andersson's case who I think is a slam dunk NHL'er best interests, he might be further ahead playing over here on the smaller ice and all the other reasons I listed. Specifically working to become a dominant scorer.
Shattenkirk NYR
Posted 2017-08-06 2:48 PM (#678810 - in reply to #677965)

Rookie

I have no issue with Day. Is he ready to start the season with the big club...nope. Does he need more time (maybe even this full season and potentially part of next season also)...yes. Would I deal him if the deal was really worth it...yes. Do we have good depth on D and can allow Day to grow and mature in the minors...yes.

So to me it is all good. He has more growth and work to do in order to be ready for the NHL, okay all good. He is young and should continue to grow. No harm in that.

As for the discussion about Andersson, to me it is about role and opportunity. If he stays in Sweden his role may be lesser on a team full of men. Plus he will be in Sweden. I would actually prefer him be in the AHL with a bigger role and be a quick phone call away. That would be the best play for him given where he is at right now, and maybe he even makes the team at the start.

Edited by Shattenkirk NYR 2017-08-06 2:48 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 2:59 PM (#678811 - in reply to #677965)

MVP

Yep Shatt...He is no way ready....If we can get Trouba for him being part of the deal....yes
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-08-06 3:00 PM (#678812 - in reply to #677965)

Regular

Remember though. All our prospects suck. The fact the Rangers develop 1 to 3 good, young rookies every year means nothing. Why let facts get in the way. Big issue is our dumb fans actually believe farm system rankings and magazines who hate NY. Skjei wasn't even in the top 70 prospects by THN. He was one of the best rookies in the league last year.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-06 3:04 PM (#678814 - in reply to #677965)

MVP

True but they also took Bobby Sanguinetti with the same pick
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 4 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software