Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Danis Zaripov
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

robstones
Posted 2017-08-27 4:26 PM (#679533)
Subject: Danis Zaripov

Legend

http://blueseatblogs.com/2017/08/27/friedman-rangers-pursue-ufa-dan...

Anyone interested in a small Russian LWer on the decline who got in trouble for doping??
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-27 5:00 PM (#679534 - in reply to #679533)
Subject: RE: Danis Zaripov

All-Star

robstones - 2017-08-27 4:26 PM

http://blueseatblogs.com/2017/08/27/friedman-rangers-pursue-ufa-dan...

Anyone interested in a small Russian LWer on the decline who got in trouble for doping??

he he he...I check the NO box
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-27 6:30 PM (#679535 - in reply to #679533)
Subject: Re: Danis Zaripov

All-Star

The only one is Vigneault.
Mcphee
Posted 2017-08-27 7:13 PM (#679539 - in reply to #679535)

Rookie

No
robstones
Posted 2017-08-27 7:13 PM (#679540 - in reply to #679533)

Legend

If we're going to get an aging LW, why not get Vanek?
Mcphee
Posted 2017-08-27 7:15 PM (#679541 - in reply to #679540)

Rookie

I'd rather have Vanek but I don't know if he would play for a contract that the Rangers can afford.Don't want him to tie up all the remaining cap space.
Vua
Posted 2017-08-27 8:19 PM (#679542 - in reply to #679540)

All-Star

robstones - 2017-08-27 7:13 PM

If we're going to get an aging LW, why not get Vanek?

So we can have another guy to yell about doing absolutely nothing in the playoffs. I'll pass. On both.
concust
Posted 2017-08-29 1:32 PM (#679624 - in reply to #679533)

Legend

The only take I have on Zaripov, and I agree it's kind of stupid, but the guy has basically been shut out of any other job. Which means he'll take whatever he can get, whether it's from the Rangers or the Knights or whoever.

So, I'm not promoting the signing, but if he came here on a $950,000 deal, good KHL talent, additional depth on the wing that may enable Miller to move to C, is a cap hit that's almost fully buryable in the AHL, and to be perfectly honest there isn't enough NHL-ready prospects that he'd be legitimately blocking someone from taking a job. If he works out, great, if not, there's absolutely nothing preventing anyone from sending him to the AHL and promoting a prospect, if there is one ready. He won't give a sh!t, he just wants to get paid.

Sure we could sign Jagr or Vanek or another "proven" NHL commodity, but those guys won't play for cheap. This guy might. And when you add dead cap space to your bottom line (Girardi buyout) then you are responsible for finding cheap talent that can help make it up.

If he's looking for more than $1m though, I say fish in a different pond. The more he asks for the less it makes sense to me.
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-29 2:15 PM (#679625 - in reply to #679533)

All-Star

My take is he's a total waste of time. The Rangers have a top nine of Miller, Hayes, Nash, Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Kreider, Zuccarello, Vesey, and a proven Grabner over this guy. The Rangers need fourth liners that can slip up to the third line once in a while, and no brainer's to replace and upgrade a top niner. This guy is a risk. 36 years old is not a good time to bring a guy over who is well set in his ways. Also a waste of a Hartford spot.
concust
Posted 2017-08-29 3:04 PM (#679626 - in reply to #679533)

Legend

I don't think there's any no-brainer moves out there, that's part of the problem. As far as NHL FA maybe Daniel Winnik? But if you're spending a $1m and you're choosing between Winnik and a guy who has a lot more talent, I think you have to at least consider the Russian. Neither one is going to come risk-free but I'd say Zaripov has a lot more upside. Winnik will give you 20 pts for sure but do you consider the guy who could give you 40? Dollar for dollar i would.
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-08-29 3:15 PM (#679627 - in reply to #679626)

Legend

concust - 2017-08-29 5:04 PM

I don't think there's any no-brainer moves out there, that's part of the problem. As far as NHL FA maybe Daniel Winnik? But if you're spending a $1m and you're choosing between Winnik and a guy who has a lot more talent, I think you have to at least consider the Russian. Neither one is going to come risk-free but I'd say Zaripov has a lot more upside. Winnik will give you 20 pts for sure but do you consider the guy who could give you 40? Dollar for dollar i would.

The man hasn't played in 2 years and, correct me if I'm wrong, no NHL experience....and is past his prime...sorry....a bit NO!!!
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-29 3:29 PM (#679628 - in reply to #679533)

All-Star

Winnick will accomplish more on the fourth line than a 36 year old who will have little desire to get his hands dirty. The only reason he's even considering here is because he's banned from the KHL. There is a big difference in a guy wanting to come over here and a guy who has no where else to go. 40 points is pie in the sky with no basis of fact and or reason to assume he'd accomplish more than Winnick. He is a no brainer not to sign. He'd be homesick in a week. The only way the Rangers will upgrade the top nine is by trade for a no brainer, Winnick and his agent are soon going to realize a minimum NHL contract might be all that's out there, or a tryout. You brought Winnick up and I'd take him at the league minimum and twice on Sunday over a fatcat from the KHL with no interest ever, of coming over here til he got busted.

Edited by Rranger 2017-08-29 9:45 PM
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-08-29 8:39 PM (#679634 - in reply to #679533)

Regular

Well, you have Fast who will come back for the 4th line. I still have hopes that they will be able to trade for Lindberg during the season. I never liked Nieves. However, if he can win faceoffs, turn into a top PK guy and will contribute 20 points, he might be the 4th line center. I would think Holden could easily bring back a very good, 4th line center. Miller was atrocious on draws last year. Scouting report on him as a center was he was good on draws. He's sucked on draws since making the NHL. Andersson scouting reports state he is effective on faceoffs. To me, with his tenacity that is something he will want to be great at. I never saw any drive to get better in the dot from Stepan. I don't see it from Miller either. IMO, Andersson makes this team as a center this season.
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-08-30 7:10 AM (#679636 - in reply to #679634)

Legend

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-08-29 10:39 PM

Well, you have Fast who will come back for the 4th line. I still have hopes that they will be able to trade for Lindberg during the season. I never liked Nieves. However, if he can win faceoffs, turn into a top PK guy and will contribute 20 points, he might be the 4th line center. I would think Holden could easily bring back a very good, 4th line center. Miller was atrocious on draws last year. Scouting report on him as a center was he was good on draws. He's sucked on draws since making the NHL. Andersson scouting reports state he is effective on faceoffs. To me, with his tenacity that is something he will want to be great at. I never saw any drive to get better in the dot from Stepan. I don't see it from Miller either. IMO, Andersson makes this team as a center this season.

Since you have this obsession with trading for Lindberg, what do you think they'll have to give up to get him?
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-30 8:20 AM (#679637 - in reply to #679634)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-08-29 8:39 PM

Why would you expose Lindberg in the first place if you wanted to trade to get him back?
concust
Posted 2017-08-30 9:06 AM (#679638 - in reply to #679627)

Legend

Mjolnir - 2017-08-29 4:15 PM

concust - 2017-08-29 5:04 PM

The man hasn't played in 2 years and, correct me if I'm wrong, no NHL experience....and is past his prime...sorry....a bit NO!!!

He's suspended for two years, not that he hasn't played in 2. The other points are valid, but now moot since the Rangers are reportedly backing off on their interest. I was not advocating for his signing, just finding a situation where it would make sense (unlike the Farnham PTO which I cannot find a good reason for)
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-30 9:52 AM (#679642 - in reply to #679637)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2017-08-30 7:20 AM

Why would you expose Lindberg in the first place if you wanted to trade to get him back?

Exactly the deal could have been done prior to the draft and he would have remained Ranger property.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-30 9:55 AM (#679644 - in reply to #679533)

All-Star

Yep...and maybe the Rangers are ok with losing Lindberg...Isnt Mclrath the kiss of death to players he likes?
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-08-30 10:08 AM (#679646 - in reply to #679642)

Legend

Rranger - 2017-08-30 11:52 AM

Mikey Red - 2017-08-30 7:20 AM

Exactly the deal could have been done prior to the draft and he would have remained Ranger property.

I think they gambled that they wouldn't take him because he was injured.
Rranger
Posted 2017-08-30 10:11 AM (#679647 - in reply to #679533)

All-Star

They did and reality is they didn't want to pony up to keep him. The guy was serviceable and all, but we are talking the fourth line center who still has to prove he can play up the lineup.

Edited by Rranger 2017-08-30 10:12 AM
concust
Posted 2017-08-31 7:02 AM (#679722 - in reply to #679533)

Legend

The loss of Lindberg has been mitigated by the drafting of Andersson. Hopefully he's ready this year, if he isn't, let's hope Nieves is ready. If neither are ready... then we have a problem.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-08-31 7:57 AM (#679728 - in reply to #679533)

Regular

We have no idea if that deal was offered before the draft. Maybe they only were offering the 7th. Or the Rangers were holding out for another player. Lindberg was dominant as a 4th line center in the playoffs. I thought he was one of our best 3 forwards. He could have had more points with some luck. I just don't think Lindberg's game translates well going to a lousy team without a top 2 lines to take the pressure off of him to consistently produce offense. I suspect he will struggle. I'm thinking you probably can offer up Reunanen and a 3rd at some point to bring him back. Or something like that. Rangers have too many defenseman on the left side. Honestly, it was a huge mistake for Vegas to take Fleury. I've always thought he sucked. He's been on super talented teams and he screws up time and time again. I have no doubt he will be horrible on Vegas. They will never be able to trade him with that contract. Raanta was a guy who they most likely could have dealt during the deadline for a 2nd and a 3rd to a playoff contender. Teams close to the playoffs always have some goalie issues.

What I was completely stunned about was how the moron Wild dealt Tuch to Vegas for a 3rd and the agreement to not select players. That organization is just dumb. They don't get it. They take Tuch with a 2014 first pick. He's 6'4, a righty shot on the wing. He's an outstanding skater. Had a good first year in the AHL on a terrible scoring team. They trade him. One of the dumbest things I've seen in years. Now that is a guy I would to get and let break in on our fourth line. If I could get Tuch and Lindberg back I would offer Reunanen, Huska and a second. Tuch much like Lindberg is a guy I don't see doing anything on a expansion team. To me he would be a top role player on a deep, established team.

I suspect Gabriel Fontaine won't need much time to become our 4th line center. He's a beast on draws. Difference between Fontaine and Nieves is Fontaine is good, Nieves sucks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software