Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NYR Cut 5
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Fish
Posted 2017-09-19 3:00 PM (#680302)
Subject: NYR Cut 5

Publisher

Gettinger and Ronning back to their Junior teams

Chapie, Kovacs and Kotyk going to Hartford

Roster size now 49, next cuts expected on Saturday
Top of the page Bottom of the page
concust
Posted 2017-09-19 3:07 PM (#680303 - in reply to #680302)
Subject: Re: NYR Cut 5

Legend

Gettinger was not unexpected to go back to juniors, to be honest I'm a little surprised Ronning is headed back. His ATO with Hartford last year was successful, he was one of the best forwards at Traverse City, I thought he'd at least get a single preseason game.

Also a little surprised Kovacs did not get a longer look. Guess you have to start somewhere though.

Fish
Posted 2017-09-19 3:13 PM (#680304 - in reply to #680302)

Publisher

I think Kovacs may be close to being written off...Ronning too to be honest, both will need substantial years
concust
Posted 2017-09-19 3:20 PM (#680307 - in reply to #680302)

Legend

Kovacs had a bad year last year but that Hartford team was awful and I don't think you can pin too much blame on him. Nobody had a good year on that team. I don't disagree that he may be close to being written off, he was a third round pick from 2 years ago, and hasn't been able to advance beyond the AHL. Truthfully neither he nor Ronning (2016) was expected to make much impact for a few years. If Kovacs has a bounce back year he'll be fine developmentally. Ronning needs to put up some serious numbers to remain in contention... this is his 5th year back with the Giants and I have no doubt he'll be able to put up the points. Talent or not people will always see size first with him.
robstones
Posted 2017-09-19 4:57 PM (#680314 - in reply to #680302)

Legend

I'll be at the game at The Rock on Saturday. Hopefully they're cut down to 30 or so
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-09-19 6:59 PM (#680324 - in reply to #680302)

Regular

Kovacs isn't close to being written off. Gimme a break. Again, unlike most of our incompetent forwards he can flat out shoot. Don't underestimate the fact Gernander was a moron who the game passed by. He had no clue how to coach in with the modern game. Kovacs is also a max effort player with a big time edge. I expect him to have a much better season. You sound like a tool Fish. This is not 2000 with a scouting staff that stinks and an organization that doesn't understand how to develop prospects. This team is among the elite developing prospects. Unlike idiot organizations like the Isles, Devils and Oilers, they don't ruin prospects. If the stupid NHL wouldn't allow incompetent organizations like the Oilers to get back to back 1st overall, they would still suck.
Vua
Posted 2017-09-19 7:04 PM (#680327 - in reply to #680324)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-09-19 6:59 PM

Kovacs isn't close to being written off. Gimme a break. Again, unlike most of our incompetent forwards he can flat out shoot. Don't underestimate the fact Gernander was a moron who the game passed by. He had no clue how to coach in with the modern game. Kovacs is also a max effort player with a big time edge. I expect him to have a much better season. You sound like a tool Fish. This is not 2000 with a scouting staff that stinks and an organization that doesn't understand how to develop prospects. This team is among the elite developing prospects. Unlike idiot organizations like the Isles, Devils and Oilers, they don't ruin prospects. If the stupid NHL wouldn't allow incompetent organizations like the Oilers to get back to back 1st overall, they would still suck.

I think it's official now. Only Dump and his alter-ego Larry Brooks know anything about hockey. When is your big article coming about how you expect Graves, Fontaine and Kovacs to carry us to the Cup this year?
Rranger
Posted 2017-09-20 9:25 AM (#680340 - in reply to #680302)

All-Star

Kovacs didnt accomplish much of anything. You can blame a lousy team and coach, it doesn't help but players still have to perform. Its called adversity players that basically quit instead of finding a way to fight through don't go anywhere.
concust
Posted 2017-09-20 12:02 PM (#680351 - in reply to #680327)

Legend

Vua - 2017-09-19 8:04 PM

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-09-19 6:59 PM

I think it's official now. Only Dump and his alter-ego Larry Brooks know anything about hockey. When is your big article coming about how you expect Graves, Fontaine and Kovacs to carry us to the Cup this year?

An endorsement from dump? Wow that sucks. Sorry Kovacs, you just got the kiss of death.

Steady Eddie
Posted 2017-09-23 10:17 AM (#680714 - in reply to #680302)
Subject: RE: NYR Cut 11 More

MVP

Fish - 2017-09-19 5:00 PM

Gettinger and Ronning back to their Junior teams

Chapie, Kovacs and Kotyk going to Hartford

Roster size now 49, next cuts expected on Saturday

Assigned to Hartford:
Defensemen: Bereglazov, Gilmour, Pedrie, Day and Zborovskiy
Forwards: Gropp, Stromwall, Tambellini, and Leedahl
Goalies: Georgiev, Nell

38 players left in camp.