Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll The AV Watch - Poll
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Now viewing page 11 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

The AV Watch - Poll
OptionResults
0 - 5 Games Under .5001 Votes - [1.92%]
6 - 10 Games Under .50018 Votes - [34.62%]
11 - 15 Games Under .5006 Votes - [11.54%]
16 - 20 Games Under .5001 Votes - [1.92%]
21 - 25 Games Under .5003 Votes - [5.77%]
Arniel and/or Ruff become the scapegoats, not AV1 Votes - [1.92%]
Gorton becomes the scapegoat, not AV3 Votes - [5.77%]
Rangers turn it around. All hands safe.19 Votes - [36.54%]
Add your own option:

sk4life40
Posted 2018-02-04 6:03 AM (#695351 - in reply to #695115)
Subject: Re: The AV Watch - Poll

Scorer

Mjolnir - 2018-02-03 9:23 AM

Mikey Red - 2018-02-02 10:37 PM

We need a coach who the young players can thrive under...AV ain’t it.....without great goaltending he is a very mediocre coach....we also need to adapt to the cap world...no loyalty thank you contracts that last forever after the players best years have passed...lock up young kids yes...we lead the league in buyouts....team is 90 years old and only 4 Cups and only 9 retired numbers when Ratelle goes up....and you can argue there are a couple fugaze retired numbers up there

I know most of us try and tune Sam and Motormouth but if one had listened with half an ear, something would have stood out -- Sam kept commenting on the fact that the Leafs had their young players on the ice in crucial situations (he even seemed amazed when he saw two rookie d-men on the ice together)....last minutes of a period, important faceoffs in defensive zone, etc. -- namely giving them responsibility and learning experience that will prove invaluable down the road.

When was the last time ANYONE in Rangers management even considered the possibility?

Why would the rangers do that? They dont have any young players on the team to even try it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-04 7:57 AM (#695352 - in reply to #695351)

Legend

We are now in last place in the Metro....Time to start making moves...One of them being firing all 3 idiots behind the bench....Last nite pointed out so many flaws with this team, coaching, system etc....
Steady Eddie
Posted 2018-02-04 8:10 AM (#695353 - in reply to #683557)

MVP

My worry is, the injuries could be sited as the problem with this team, and the coaches could wind up safe.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-04 8:13 AM (#695354 - in reply to #695353)

Legend

Steady Eddie - 2018-02-04 10:10 AM

My worry is, the injuries could be sited as the problem with this team, and the coaches could wind up safe.

I hear that....That would be a complete tragedy
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-04 9:15 AM (#695357 - in reply to #695354)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-02-04 7:13 AM

Steady Eddie - 2018-02-04 10:10 AM

I hear that....That would be a complete tragedy

Management would have to be blind to not see poor utilization of players. The little mistakes happening every shift leading to shots on goal against and the more often than naught higher goals against than goals for. The non existent breakout the Rangers use. Somewhere along the line chewy has got confused. All teams dump and chase the puck in the other teams end. The Rangers dump the puck out of their zone and then chase it in the neutral zone, usually unsuccessfully, as the other team dumps it back into the Rangers zone where the Rangers puck chase continues. Players going through the motions hardly breaking a sweat. I have to believe the Rangers are in the midst of how do we torpedo this guy talks and whats our replacement plan, and that the replacement plan is the holdup, because who's out there? Reality is not much. They have to get to summer in the hopes some viable candidates shake lose.
robstones
Posted 2018-02-04 11:41 AM (#695360 - in reply to #683557)

Legend

The problem with this team is the disaster of a start.... if they won in October and November, they'd be buyers.

But they didn't win.... they were flat coming out of the gate, and the blame has to be placed somewhere.....

Rranger
Posted 2018-02-04 12:10 PM (#695363 - in reply to #695360)

All-Star

robstones - 2018-02-04 10:41 AM

The problem with this team is the disaster of a start.... if they won in October and November, they'd be buyers.

But they didn't win.... they were flat coming out of the gate, and the blame has to be placed somewhere.....

The Rangers pulled themselves into good position going 8 wins and 4 losses in November. They were in the race and their bad start was behind them. 3 regulation time wins in their last 16 games is the problem, with no sign of improving, only signs of getting worse in sight.

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-04 1:32 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-04 12:11 PM (#695364 - in reply to #695360)

Legend

robstones - 2018-02-04 1:41 PM

Also Trading Stepan and Raanta for nothing and signing Shattenkirk and Smith were mistakes
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-04 12:12 PM (#695365 - in reply to #683557)

Legend

Go get Trouba from Winnipeg for Mac....Jets are in win now mode
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-04 2:38 PM (#695369 - in reply to #683557)

All-Star

He is off the table, injured.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-04 2:42 PM (#695370 - in reply to #695369)

Legend

LeetchyMrRanger - 2018-02-04 4:38 PM

He is off the table, injured.

Yep...I would do it anyway
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-04 2:44 PM (#695371 - in reply to #683557)

Legend

Larry Brooks article from yesterday

Teams cross-scout each other extensively at this time of year, not only on the NHL level, but at the AHL and junior levels as well. So it would be ill-advised to make too much of Lightning assistant GM Pat Verbeek’s presence at the Garden last week or Rangers assistant GM Chris Drury’s attendance at the Lightning’s AHL Syracuse game at Utica on Friday.

Modal Trigger
Ryan McDonaghPaul J. Bereswill
Know this, however: there is definitely mutual interest in exploring whether a match can be made so that Ryan McDonagh might join Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi with Tampa Bay, whose organization is brimming with young assets, but perhaps none of elite quality.

The Rangers are believed willing to assume up to 50 percent of McDonagh’s $4.7 million cap hit that runs through next year in order to get what the organization believes is a commensurate return for No. 27’s talents.

Minnesota would be a point of interest, as well.

The Blueshirts are also likely to pick up 50 percent of the remainder of premier rental property Rick Nash’s full-season $7.8 million cap hit, with Nashville, Columbus, Dallas, St. Louis, San Jose and perhaps Pittsburgh as relevant parties of the other part.

The Coyotes, we’ve learned, have made it known that Max Domi, with three goals this season and 12 in the two years following his 18-goal rookie season, is there for the taking.

Mjolnir
Posted 2018-02-04 4:52 PM (#695376 - in reply to #695351)

Legend

sk4life40 - 2018-02-04 8:03 AM

Mjolnir - 2018-02-03 9:23 AM

Mikey Red - 2018-02-02 10:37 PM

We need a coach who the young players can thrive under...AV ain’t it.....without great goaltending he is a very mediocre coach....we also need to adapt to the cap world...no loyalty thank you contracts that last forever after the players best years have passed...lock up young kids yes...we lead the league in buyouts....team is 90 years old and only 4 Cups and only 9 retired numbers when Ratelle goes up....and you can argue there are a couple fugaze retired numbers up there

I know most of us try and tune Sam and Motormouth but if one had listened with half an ear, something would have stood out -- Sam kept commenting on the fact that the Leafs had their young players on the ice in crucial situations (he even seemed amazed when he saw two rookie d-men on the ice together)....last minutes of a period, important faceoffs in defensive zone, etc. -- namely giving them responsibility and learning experience that will prove invaluable down the road.

When was the last time ANYONE in Rangers management even considered the possibility?

Why would the rangers do that? They dont have any young players on the team to even try it.
My point is that every other team seems to use this approach .. kid makes a mistake, he's spoken to by the coaches and, in most cases, sent back out. Chances are the player will not make the mistake again. Here, you so much as look at the puck wrong, you're (a) nailed to the bench or (b) relegated to the press box...possibly even demoted to AHL...confidence shaken....afraid to make a mistake at all.

Edited by Mjolnir 2018-02-04 5:26 PM
DaTeL
Posted 2018-02-05 12:11 AM (#695381 - in reply to #683557)

Legend

It's all AV's fault. He transformed a solid core of players with potential into this messy blob of jelly.

So what does this organization do? Blow it all up while keeping the moron responsible behind the bench.
Does anyone else find this completely absurd? Or am I missing something?

I mean find a real coach and see who's who and what's what. Then consider changing the players.
I'm pretty sure that a real coach would not be in this mess right now with this group of players.
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-05 9:11 AM (#695386 - in reply to #695381)

All-Star

DaTeL - 2018-02-04 11:11 PM

It's all AV's fault. He transformed a solid core of players with potential into this messy blob of jelly.

So what does this organization do? Blow it all up while keeping the moron responsible behind the bench.
Does anyone else find this completely absurd? Or am I missing something?

I mean find a real coach and see who's who and what's what. Then consider changing the players.
I'm pretty sure that a real coach would not be in this mess right now with this group of players.

Nash and Grabner are probably unaffordable. And at some point in time you have to restock, trading those two should bring back a couple of firsts and more. To me they have to do that, especially when you consider there would be a opportunity to resign either one this summer. The Desharnais and Holdens by all means make deals. If they are going to trade McDonagh, Zucc, and even Lundqvist you are cutting deep into the core of the team. You have to get back young future core players, that are on the team no later than starting next season.
And you do all this knowing Vigneault is gone at the end of the season, no later. Keeping him on til the end of the season has one primary reason. He's done a good job of getting the Rangers, despite all their talent into the draft lottery, and his continued coaching should move the Rangers up in the draft order, as three or four teams are only 5 points behind the Rangers, and will likely pass them in the standings, thereby improving the Ranger lottery chances. I say don't upset the apple cart.

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-05 9:41 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-05 10:22 AM (#695387 - in reply to #695386)

Legend

Gord Stellick for GM....the guy is awesome
sureshore
Posted 2018-02-05 10:36 AM (#695388 - in reply to #695236)

All-Star

LeetchyMrRanger - 2018-02-03 9:39 PM

Put AV out of OUR misery, time to end it.

fixed

sureshore
Posted 2018-02-05 10:39 AM (#695389 - in reply to #695386)

All-Star

Rranger - 2018-02-05 11:11 AM

And you do all this knowing Vigneault is gone at the end of the season, no later. Keeping him on til the end of the season has one primary reason. He's done a good job of getting the Rangers, despite all their talent into the draft lottery, and his continued coaching should move the Rangers up in the draft order, as three or four teams are only 5 points behind the Rangers, and will likely pass them in the standings, thereby improving the Ranger lottery chances. I say don't upset the apple cart.

Funny you should mention this - watching the game on Thursday, I made my Feb 1 prediction - Rangers will be in the draft lottery. Hope I do better that with my pre-season prediction (Grabner doesn't hit double digits in goals this season)
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-05 10:59 AM (#695390 - in reply to #695389)

All-Star

sureshore - 2018-02-05 9:39 AM

Rranger - 2018-02-05 11:11 AM

Funny you should mention this - watching the game on Thursday, I made my Feb 1 prediction - Rangers will be in the draft lottery. Hope I do better that with my pre-season prediction (Grabner doesn't hit double digits in goals this season)

Ya they are pretty much toast and heading in one direction.
concust
Posted 2018-02-05 11:09 AM (#695392 - in reply to #683557)

Legend

I'll be the first to blame the coach for poor utilization and improper handling of youngsters, but this team is flawed as much because of how it was built. That's Gorton's problem.

Zbad and Hayes have not stepped into the void left by Stepan. Further compounding this issue, is Desharnais has been put into more situations that are above his head, Andersson not ready, and Miller having to shift to C to help center depth. Those are almost all on the GM, not the coach.

Defensive depth has been a problem all year. I had higher hopes for Smith (also note his punitive benching by AV) but the Rangers have 3 good defensemen, two of which have been playing all year with injury, and then Staal-Holden-whoever rounding out the top 6. That's an average defense when they're all healthy, now that Shattenkirk and Staal are out and McDonagh STILL playing injured it's a complete sh!tshow.

At this point I hope some kids get a couple of injury callups but I also want Andersson and Chytil to stay in Hartford for the year and try to adjust down there without the spotlight of NYC. They're so young they have plenty of time. But in the meantime Gorton needs to call up literally any of the kids on defense to get a decent look at them. If they can't cut it send them down and get another one. Hartford has a very promising stock of good/not great young defensemen right now and any one of them could be a long term bottom pair candidate - Gilmour, Graves, Pedrie, Sproul, Crawley, Pionk. Now is the time to call one up and get a look! But they won't do it.

Mjolnir
Posted 2018-02-05 12:08 PM (#695397 - in reply to #683557)

Legend

While I agree with most of what you say, I honestly would NOT expose any of those young d-men to AV's influence.
Vua
Posted 2018-02-05 1:21 PM (#695401 - in reply to #695397)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2018-02-05 12:08 PM

While I agree with most of what you say, I honestly would NOT expose any of those young d-men to AV's influence.

They will get a great lesson in how not to play defense at the NHL level.
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-02-05 2:29 PM (#695403 - in reply to #695401)

Legend

Vua - 2018-02-05 3:21 PM

Mjolnir - 2018-02-05 12:08 PM

They will get a great lesson in how not to play defense at the NHL level.

I'd rather they learn what not to do some other way.
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-05 10:25 PM (#695510 - in reply to #683557)

All-Star

People need to wake up to the fact teams were not lining up to get their hands on Stepan. His money, term and contract clauses were just stupid. Number 1 center money for a guy that was morphing into a dog right in front of us. I thank him for his service when he played hard but I was glad to see his lazy ass get traded. It’s not Gorton’s fault Stepan had little interest around the league. DeAngelo needs some more time to get his feet wet, he really hasn’t been that bad, playing third pair minutes, he’s held his own. As usual tonight the guys ahead of him were on for the goals against. Between DeAngelo and Andersson this trade might still work out in the Rangers favour. Especially when in reality, it was as much a salary dump for a guy the Rangers did not want any more. Being able to draft Andersson, allowed the Rangers to take a flyer on Chytil, and looking back in 2 years it might might look like some pretty good moves by Gorton. It’s to early to judge the return.
Desharnais shows up after a nice little chat Vigneault had with his old coach Michel Therrien. Again Chewy all in on starting the season with three centres and go from there. Nieves was fine as the fourth center and after watching Holland you ask why isn’t Nieves up here getting valuable fourth line center experience, he’s almost a prototypical fourth line center. Boo should be up here instead of Holland or Desharnais..
You want to criticize Gorton we’ll feel free about signing Shattenkirk, unless his knee surgery is successful, and we see a better faster dman on his return, because at present he sucks. That was a poorly researched, and poorly concluded signing. Watching Radulov again tonight, I’d take him over Shattenkirk, the guys a leader and plays the game hard, the type of gamer the Rangers need. He proved it in the playoffs against the Rangers and removed all doubt tonight. He’d have had a lot more positive influence on the Rangers than Shattenkirk has.
You’d still pretty much have a d that needs some turnover, but moving Nash and Grabner might have beefed up the D and if Andersson and Chytil are for real there is some replacements next season.
The defense is the same ****show it’s been for three years. It’s not going to improve until a coach comes in and changes the system to compensate for what is not a fast skating crew, and simplifies the puck movement and breakouts in their end because right now they are non existent. Chewys breakouts have evolved to clear and chase. It’s brutal.
Before you throw blame on Gorton keep the Stepan trade real, no one else offered a better deal, and they absolutely had to get rid of him. And even Shattenkirk is more of the same crap like Yandle and Boyle. Chewys in this up to his neck on these decisions and green lighted every one of them. Hell you can go back to dumping Anton Stralman the guy who’s never been replaced to sign Boyle to see where the defensive gong show started. These moves were specific to filling a veteran coaches wants. Chewy got everything he asked for.

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-05 10:51 PM
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-02-06 8:26 AM (#695513 - in reply to #683557)

All-Star

Stepan would not make this years Rangers any better.

concust
Posted 2018-02-06 9:59 AM (#695519 - in reply to #683557)

Legend

honestly if they had kept Stepan instead it would have only dragged the whole "we can still compete" idea out even further and been more hurtful to the team. If Stepan was the first of multiple trades to begin a legitimate rebuild, then fine, but rather than just admitting to that and committing - they try to sell the "rebuild on the fly" crap that I've gone on and on about, and never really works. You're just doing two things half assed, trying to rebuild and trying to compete. This is rare even for repeat champs. This core has never won a Cup, only been to the finals once, they just didn't have the foundation in place to execute a rebuild on the fly like a Chicago/LA/Pittsburgh might be able to. Even those teams are struggling.

This is not a cup team, nor do they have the core pieces to just "make some tweaks" and try again next year. It's time for a rebuild, we'll see if Gorton does the right thing for the team and embraces that at the deadline.

Rranger
Posted 2018-02-06 11:43 AM (#695523 - in reply to #695519)

All-Star

concust - 2018-02-06 8:59 AM

honestly if they had kept Stepan instead it would have only dragged the whole "we can still compete" idea out even further and been more hurtful to the team. If Stepan was the first of multiple trades to begin a legitimate rebuild, then fine, but rather than just admitting to that and committing - they try to sell the "rebuild on the fly" crap that I've gone on and on about, and never really works. You're just doing two things half assed, trying to rebuild and trying to compete. This is rare even for repeat champs. This core has never won a Cup, only been to the finals once, they just didn't have the foundation in place to execute a rebuild on the fly like a Chicago/LA/Pittsburgh might be able to. Even those teams are struggling.

This is not a cup team, nor do they have the core pieces to just "make some tweaks" and try again next year. It's time for a rebuild, we'll see if Gorton does the right thing for the team and embraces that at the deadline.

Next year Buchnevich, Fast, Hayes, Kreider, Lettieri, Miller, Vesey, Zibanejad and Chytil and Andersson should all get a look by a new coach and then if any more need purging they can be moved. When I look at that group excluding Andersson, Lettieri, and Chytil I see a bunch of players not playing up to their potential. That’s on you know who. The defense can hopefully get cleaned out and restocked from the Grabner, Nash, McDonagh?,Zuccarello?, Possible trades. The defense is the main problem with a couple of free agent signings rearing their ugly head in Smith and Shattenkirk and a aging Staal. At this point the only guys I’d like to see back are Skjei and DeAngelo, but from what I see watching Skjei lately, his game has fallen so far he’s playing his way out of the untouchable category. You want a tear down well they can start on the defense as stage one this deadline and off season. After that I don’t have a problem if a new coach comes in and wants any of the retained forwards moved, I just don’t want them moved on a condemned coaches say so. If they did start moving players from the above retained group next year then there’s your complete tear down being finished next season.

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-06 11:47 AM
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-02-06 1:11 PM (#695529 - in reply to #683557)

Legend

Skjei, DeAngelo, Smith should be given a good look under a defensive scheme that works (and fits their skills). I think I'm the only one feels Smith can be useful here.
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-06 1:31 PM (#695530 - in reply to #695529)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2018-02-06 12:11 PM

Skjei, DeAngelo, Smith should be given a good look under a defensive scheme that works (and fits their skills). I think I'm the only one feels Smith can be useful here.

I don’t disagree with you about Smith. I agree he could be a asset under a different coach. He’s not and never was going to be a fit with Chewy.
Vua
Posted 2018-02-06 2:02 PM (#695532 - in reply to #695530)

All-Star

Rranger - 2018-02-06 1:31 PM

I don’t disagree with you about Smith. I agree he could be a asset under a different coach. He’s not and never was going to be a fit with Chewy.

What defenseman does fit with him? I haven't seen one yet. I'm willing to give all our defensemen another shot once he's gone. Pending they aren't traded.
concust
Posted 2018-02-07 6:57 AM (#695547 - in reply to #695523)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-02-06 12:43 PM

Next year Buchnevich, Fast, Hayes, Kreider, Lettieri, Miller, Vesey, Zibanejad and Chytil and Andersson should all get a look by a new coach and then if any more need purging they can be moved. When I look at that group excluding Andersson, Lettieri, and Chytil I see a bunch of players not playing up to their potential. That’s on you know who.

Being really careful not to sound like an AV apologist but i think you and i are seeing the same thing and drawing different conclusions.

You see players not playing up to their potential, i see players near their potential being asked to play roles that are quite frankly unrealistic.

Is Zbad a first line center who’s not playing to his potential? Or is he really more of a second line level guy who shouldn’t be drawing top matchups? I say the latter.

Is Hayes a second line guy that can add consistent secondary scoring, or is he more of a third line type ? Again i say the latter.

Is Fast really underperforming or is this just the player he is?

Vesey was projected to be about a third line scoring forward on a deep team, potential top 6 on a weak team, so isn’t he producing at about his level?

Buchnevich i’ll give you - AV has consistently misused and suppressed his contribution.

Truthfully this team has multiple issues and they all feed off each other but i think there is a good chance that for some of these guys, what you see is what you get. It’s not like they haven’t gotten the opportunity.

edit- typos from typing on phone
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-07 9:59 AM (#695549 - in reply to #695547)

All-Star

concust - 2018-02-07 5:57 AM

Rranger - 2018-02-06 12:43 PM

Next year Buchnevich, Fast, Hayes, Kreider, Lettieri, Miller, Vesey, Zibanejad and Chytil and Andersson should all get a look by a new coach and then if any more need purging they can be moved. When I look at that group excluding Andersson, Lettieri, and Chytil I see a bunch of players not playing up to their potential. That’s on you know who.

Being really careful not to sound like 8mm an AV apologist but i think uou and i are seeing the same thjng and drawing different conclusions.

You see players not playing up to their potential, i see players near their potential being asked to play roles that are quite frankly unrealistic.

Is Zbad a first line center who’s not playing to his potential? Or is he really more of a second line level guy who shouldn’t be drawing top matchups? I say the latter.

Is Hayes a second line guy that can add consistent secondary scoring, or is he more of a third line type ? Again i say the latter.

Is Fast really underperforming or is this just the player he is?

Vesey was projected to be about a third line scoring forward on a deep team, potential top 6 on a weak team, so isn’t he producing at about his level?

Buchnevich i’ll give you - AV has consistently misused and suppressed his contribution.

Truthfully this team has multiple issues and they all feed off each other but i think there is a good chance that for some of these guys, what you see is what you get. It’s not like they haven’t hotten the opportunity.

We are pretty much on point. Fast's trading at the deadline wouldn't disappoint me.. I don't see much upside in his game and suspect Chewys reverence in his play might not be duplicated by a new coach. he is in the bunch but not a underachiever.
Until you see consistent play out of the rest, you don't know what you have, and inconsistent play is the poster word for this coach. I'm not ready to label any of the others until they get a shot with a different coach, and then they have it to do.
I said when Desharnais was signed it was as the number two center, with Hayes as number three and all the while Chewy yapped about how good Desharnais was as Montreal's top center with Pacioretty, and how he was grooming Hayes to be a shut down center. Pretty obvious where chewy had Desharnais pegged. Desharnais blew up in the Rangers face, as Stepan replacement plan for this year proving to be basically useless. Forcing Hayes who is being allowed to float his way through to many games, into a second center role..I agree he could be a ideal third center but his effort has to pickup because its just not there. He teases with some offense that could really make him a very good all round third center, but we won't see that happen with this coach.

I believe the forward core is capable of better results. The rest including Hayes need a new voice demanding and getting effort and consistency, and when you see that, then you know what you have. A new coach comes in does his own evaluations after seeing players in managements recommended roles for awhile, and then juggles them into roles he believes they can fill. And then I'm all in on start dumping dead wood.

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-07 10:39 AM
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-07 10:01 AM (#695550 - in reply to #695532)

All-Star

Vua - 2018-02-06 1:02 PM

What defenseman does fit with him? I haven't seen one yet. I'm willing to give all our defensemen another shot once he's gone. Pending they aren't traded.

Iagree I'd be changing the coach before I start trading to many players.
concust
Posted 2018-02-07 11:27 AM (#695554 - in reply to #683557)

Legend

If the team overall were better, a lot of the deficiencies would be masked. Everyone would have a few more points, criticisms would be lessened/nonexistent, because the team is winning. But we've seen most of these guys for 2+ years now, I think they are pretty much in the range of what they are. Again I'll give a pass to Buchnevich because he's easily one of the top offensive players on the team, by point production or "fancy stats" and AV will still bury him on the 4th line and not play him in the third. It's infuriating.

Hayes though, we've seen for 3 years, Zbad for 2 years (both injury shortened), Miller we've seen for what seems like forever, although he gets a bit of a pass also because he often gets the same treatment as Buchnevich. Plus he's had to shift to C and I think it's clear he's better at wing. It's the same thing I've been saying about Krieder for a few years now - what you see is what you get. The chances of Kreider breaking out into a 40 goal power forward are not high. Same with Zbad turning into a legit #1, or Hayes giving consistent effort.

Desharnais, I think honestly has been fine, but a contender signs DD as a fourth liner who can fill on the third. He's being asked to do too much as a utility part. He doesn't get talked about in The Purge but I wouldn't be at all surprised if a savvy GM picked him up as a veteran insurance part. He's not coming back to NYR next year anyway.

Fast - a serviceable defensive bottom 6 player. His name doesn't come up either but again I wouldn't be surprised if someone took on the rest of his deal to have a solid young bottom 6 player at a decent price.

My list of "untouchables" at this point is very small. It's a handful at best and they're all young players. Then I have a small group of nostalgia players who I'd miss seeing as Rangers, but if the deal is good, then take it. The rest of them can fill sweaters elsewhere.

concust
Posted 2018-02-07 11:31 AM (#695555 - in reply to #695550)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-02-07 11:01 AM

Vua - 2018-02-06 1:02 PM

Iagree I'd be changing the coach before I start trading to many players.

If this doesn't happen, nothing else really matters. Unless the plan is to sell for young, non-nhl assets, and give chewy another year while our youngsters develop in other leagues. However I think this is not a great plan but would be the only way I could stomach another year of AV.

Jump to page : < ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Now viewing page 11 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software