Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tony D Back up with the big club....
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mandar
Posted 2018-01-19 9:52 AM (#693603)
Subject: Tony D Back up with the big club....

MVP

New York Rangers
? @NYRangers

OFFICIAL #NYR TRANSACTION: The Rangers have recalled defenseman Tony DeAngelo and forward Daniel Catenacci from @WolfPackAHL.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-19 10:10 AM (#693611 - in reply to #693603)
Subject: Re: Tony D Back up with the big club....

Legend

Leave him up here to see if he can play in the NHL or to showcase him for a trade
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-19 10:54 AM (#693616 - in reply to #693603)

All-Star

Tony D is a rockstar. Good luck Tony, don’t make a mistake or your SOL. WTF with Catenacci? Are you kidding? Unless it’s to get rid of him and make room for Andersson.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-19 11:34 AM (#693628 - in reply to #693603)

All-Star

Cant be worse than 22
NTHockey
Posted 2018-01-19 3:19 PM (#693638 - in reply to #693628)

All-Star

Rangerjunkie - 2018-01-19 1:34 PM

Cant be worse than 22

This is the Rangers we're talking about. They can ALWAYS do worse. Kamensky, Hodge, Ozolinsh from the past. Dan Boyle, Etem and Staal more recently.
Gravey09
Posted 2018-01-19 4:22 PM (#693640 - in reply to #693638)

All-Star

NTHockey - 2018-01-19 3:19 PM

Cant be worse than 22

This is the Rangers we're talking about. They can ALWAYS do worse. Kamensky, Hodge, Ozolinsh from the past. Dan Boyle, Etem and Staal more recently.

OZO the Clown ....one of my all-time Sather Trade Deadline moves. Before hellish alcoholism ole Sandish was a puck-mover. Lord how the NYRs love puck-movers. Been looking for Leetch since he was traded.
Gravey09
Posted 2018-01-19 4:22 PM (#693641 - in reply to #693638)

All-Star

NTHockey - 2018-01-19 3:19 PM

Cant be worse than 22

OZO the Clown ....one of my all-time Sather Trade Deadline moves. Before hellish alcoholism ole Sandish was a puck-mover. Lord how the NYRs love puck-movers. Been looking for Leetch since he was traded.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-01-20 4:44 AM (#693647 - in reply to #693603)

Scorer

Maybe they will put him on wing where he belongs.
sureshore
Posted 2018-01-22 10:19 AM (#693970 - in reply to #693647)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-01-20 6:44 AM

Not necessarily saying much, but in the 2 games since he returned he may have been our best defenseman in both games. Even had some snarl to his game against the Kings. Not ready to give up on an offensive defensemen yet - we just need to have some defensive d-men to complement. Can't have a defense where all 6 d-men are stand-in-front-of the-net defense first guys. Need the mix with the DiAngelo type.

By the way, who was the last NHLer that successfully transitioned from defense to forward once in the NHL?
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-22 11:19 AM (#693972 - in reply to #693970)

All-Star

sureshore - 2018-01-22 9:19 AM

Not necessarily saying much, but in the 2 games since he returned he may have been our best defenseman in both games. Even had some snarl to his game against the Kings. Not ready to give up on an offensive defensemen yet - we just need to have some defensive d-men to complement. Can't have a defense where all 6 d-men are stand-in-front-of the-net defense first guys. Need the mix with the DiAngelo type.

By the way, who was the last NHLer that successfully transitioned from defense to forward once in the NHL?

Your wasting your time sureshore, only a fool thinks you can just jump up to forward after playing defense your entire career. He’s perfectly suited for where he is and has the potential to be the best offensive defenseman in the system if he’s not already.
Coincidental you mention the last guy to successfully transition from defense to forward because Lindy Ruff was a guy who handled it quite well. However going up to the third or fourth line like Ruff did didn’t require near the transition ability as a skilled defenseman transitioning into a scoring forward. That’s almost unheard of see Red Kelly.

Edited by Rranger 2018-01-22 11:54 AM
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-22 12:55 PM (#693975 - in reply to #693970)

All-Star

sureshore - 2018-01-22 10:19 AM

I agree! He's also still VERY young. Rangers should just stick with him and let his D game develop!!

I believe Buffelyn and Engelland transitioned well between d and forwards...But I don't want TD to try that
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-01-22 2:41 PM (#693978 - in reply to #693972)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-01-22 1:19 PM

Your wasting your time sureshore, only a fool thinks you can just jump up to forward after playing defense your entire career. He’s perfectly suited for where he is and has the potential to be the best offensive defenseman in the system if he’s not already.
Coincidental you mention the last guy to successfully transition from defense to forward because Lindy Ruff was a guy who handled it quite well. However going up to the third or fourth line like Ruff did didn’t require near the transition ability as a skilled defenseman transitioning into a scoring forward. That’s almost unheard of see Red Kelly.
Greshner did it quite well...and he wasn't a 3rd or 4th line center.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-22 2:54 PM (#693979 - in reply to #693978)

Legend

Mjolnir - 2018-01-22 4:41 PM

#GetGreshnersNumberRetired
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-01-22 3:02 PM (#693980 - in reply to #693979)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-01-22 4:54 PM

Now you're talking my language...I've been saying that since Howell went up.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-22 3:06 PM (#693981 - in reply to #693603)

Legend

Hahaha Its a F'n Tragedy that his #4 is not up there....17 years all with us, homegrown and great player....Messier and Graves cant say that
mpcelo45
Posted 2018-01-22 3:07 PM (#693982 - in reply to #693979)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-01-22 4:54 PM

I agree with Gresh.....another Dman that played forward Brent Burns in the 2013-14 season i believe
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-22 3:11 PM (#693983 - in reply to #693603)

All-Star

TD has more hits in his last two games than 22 had all year I think.....

#DUMP DOUBLE DOUCHE sorry I mean DOUBLE DEUCE
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-22 3:29 PM (#693986 - in reply to #693983)

Legend

Rangerjunkie - 2018-01-22 5:11 PM

TD has more hits in his last two games than 22 had all year I think.....

#DUMP DOUBLE DOUCHE sorry I mean DOUBLE DEUCE

he he he
sureshore
Posted 2018-01-23 6:02 AM (#694002 - in reply to #693603)

All-Star

All these names are guys who moved up to forward at times during a game or season but were still primarily defensemen. Gresch, Ruff, Buff, Burns - all were/are still primarily defensemen but would move up if a situation dictated it. Is Buff now a forward? No. Is Burns now a forward? No Did Greschner end his career as a forward? No Did Ruff? - I don't think so.

Seems to me that it was posed as making DeAngelo a forward - not using him at forward as needed, but maybe I misunderstood (I don't think I did)
mpcelo45
Posted 2018-01-23 6:18 AM (#694003 - in reply to #694002)

All-Star

sureshore - 2018-01-23 8:02 AM

All these names are guys who moved up to forward at times during a game or season but were still primarily defensemen. Gresch, Ruff, Buff, Burns - all were/are still primarily defensemen but would move up if a situation dictated it. Is Buff now a forward? No. Is Burns now a forward? No Did Greschner end his career as a forward? No Did Ruff? - I don't think so.

Seems to me that it was posed as making DeAngelo a forward - not using him at forward as needed, but maybe I misunderstood (I don't think I did)

I think these are responses to Rrangers quote of "only a fool thinks you can just jump up to forward after playing defense your entire career" which proves that there are a few defensemen that can in fact do that. I agree too that i don't think that should be the case with Tony D but doesn't mean he cant. Also Brent Burns played on the top line when he was used as a forward playing with the likes of Thornton, Couture and Marleau, and Buff was bounced around from 1st to 2nd as needed.

Edited by mpcelo45 2018-01-23 6:19 AM
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-23 8:57 AM (#694005 - in reply to #694003)

All-Star

mpcelo45 - 2018-01-23 5:18 AM

I think these are responses to Rrangers quote of "only a fool thinks you can just jump up to forward after playing defense your entire career" which proves that there are a few defensemen that can in fact do that. I agree too that i don't think that should be the case with Tony D but doesn't mean he cant. Also Brent Burns played on the top line when he was used as a forward playing with the likes of Thornton, Couture and Marleau, and Buff was bounced around from 1st to 2nd as needed.

It was posed as making DeAngelo a permanent forward because someone thinks he and his offensive skills are better suited as a forward. It was pointed out how hard that was to do, and how few actually made a permanent transition.. Some of the names mentioned had varying degrees of success with almost all ending up back where they started. With most also having limited offensive success. Just throwing DeAngelo up to forward and expect offensive success because he has offensive ability is something only a fool would expect. All you had to do is watch his last two games and see his potential on defense. His biggest hurdle is a coach that doesn't know what he wants or needs on his backend. He going to make mistakes like any young player, but he's got skills and a offensive talent you can't teach. He hasn't looked out of place this go round, and I'd be surprised if they don't make room for him to finish the season.

Edited by Rranger 2018-01-23 9:17 AM
Vua
Posted 2018-01-23 12:47 PM (#694011 - in reply to #694005)

All-Star

Rranger - 2018-01-23 8:57 AM

mpcelo45 - 2018-01-23 5:18 AM

It was posed as making DeAngelo a permanent forward because someone thinks he and his offensive skills are better suited as a forward. It was pointed out how hard that was to do, and how few actually made a permanent transition.. Some of the names mentioned had varying degrees of success with almost all ending up back where they started. With most also having limited offensive success. Just throwing DeAngelo up to forward and expect offensive success because he has offensive ability is something only a fool would expect. All you had to do is watch his last two games and see his potential on defense. His biggest hurdle is a coach that doesn't know what he wants or needs on his backend. He going to make mistakes like any young player, but he's got skills and a offensive talent you can't teach. He hasn't looked out of place this go round, and I'd be surprised if they don't make room for him to finish the season.

Don't worry, once he gets the hang of AV's system, he'll look out of place like all our defensemen do.
concust
Posted 2018-01-23 8:47 PM (#694157 - in reply to #693603)

Legend

He's been ok. Like earlier in the season, some good work with the puck, some poor play without it. But we knew that when we acquired him, and we didn't acquire him to play in the minors so I'm glad he's out there and learning. The ice time is much better spent on DeAngelo than Kampfer.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software