Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zuccarello and Nash on possible trade rumors
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Andy Bathgate
Posted 2018-01-29 10:02 PM (#694741 - in reply to #693944)
Subject: Re: Zuccarello and Nash on possible trade rumors

Legend

I guess eventually things must be blown up... But that's always scary with this freakin team, over many many years they suck at building... rebuilding ! this romantic article Brooks wrote about trading this for that... 1st rounder here 2nd rounder there, sounds like a pipe dream... no optimism at all.

So they're supposed to trade McD... for a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder... For what... to meet the same fate that all good Rangers face (Including McD)... horrible owner - shabby drafting - horrible FA signings... holding on to a horrible coach..... sorry sounds like an endless spinning wheel to me.

Mean while everyone knows the problem here has a ton to do with this coach and before you squash players that could haunt the Rangers for the next ten years... get rid of the coach! Or lets watch Nash - Grabner - Zuc - Mcd lift the cup for another team. Why isn't that on the table? Fire coach!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-30 6:34 AM (#694745 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

I agree with you AB 100%

Brooks has an article today that discusses the shortcomings of Miller and Vesey this year. He then goes on to mention how Miller has been moved from center to wing back to center back to wing, along with having different line mates all the time. Vesey almost the same thing, almost never has the same line mates. Both players are shuffled constantly! Hard to find consistency and chemistry with line mates when they're changed all the time.....

AV is the problem!!
concust
Posted 2018-01-30 6:51 AM (#694746 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

A new coach (or at least a plan to find a new coach) is the first step in a rebuild.

If we sell off at the deadline and AV coaches whatever is left for the rest of the year, then fine. But start looking for a new coach that you can get in the offseason, preferably before the draft.

robstones
Posted 2018-01-30 8:45 AM (#694747 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

There's only so many options you'd have as a GM

1) Don't change much. Play your hand... maybe pick up some kind of depth to make your best playoff run possible... take your mid round picks, and hope Chytil and Andersson can make an impact next year.... risk losing Nash and Grabner for nothing, or extend them before July 1st.... whatever

2) Shop everybody, and blow it up for a rebuild... prospects... picks....

3) Retool. Trade roster to roster.

RANGERNUT
Posted 2018-01-30 9:04 AM (#694748 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

and this today... as more and more writers mention McD trade it seems more of when not if...

The price the Rangers should have for a potential Ryan McDonagh trade
10:34AM 1/30/18

Larry Brooks writes that Jeff Gorton should "drive a hard bargain" in regards to a potential deal for Ryan McDonagh. (NY Post)

He said that Gorton should "think big and go big" and if his price isn't matched he can revisit at the draft. (NY Post)

Brooks writes that while the Rangers may be willing to move McDonagh, "no one is giving away" the Rangers captain. (NY Post)

He lists potential options for McDonagh as Toronto, Boston or Tampa and notes that when the Rangers traded Brian Leetch in 2004 the return was a first, second and two prospects. (NY Post)

It had been suggested that the Rangers might move McDonagh at the draft rather than at the trade deadline.

Darren Dreger was speaking about the Leafs on Tuesday morning and said "The question is, when it comes to McDonagh as an example, the assets you are going to have to deliver to acquire a piece like that are going to be enormous and probably more than Toronto is going to be willing to pay but we don't know yet, it's still relatively early. (TSN 1050)

Adam Rotter: If/when the Rangers trade Ryan McDonagh, the only acceptable return would be a young player(s) with high impact potential. I don't think you trade Ryan McDonagh to get a 1st, 2nd, young top-nine forward and something else, you trade Ryan McDonagh because you are going to land someone(s) that the Rangers can stick right into the middle of their rebuild. There are no sure things regarding young players but if the Rangers are going to trade their captain they need to get someone who is ready to step in and take on a big role as the Rangers continue to reshape things.

Edited by RANGERNUT 2018-01-30 9:06 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-30 9:33 AM (#694749 - in reply to #694748)

Legend

RANGERNUT - 2018-01-30 11:04 AM

and this today... as more and more writers mention McD trade it seems more of when not if...

The price the Rangers should have for a potential Ryan McDonagh trade
10:34AM 1/30/18

Larry Brooks writes that Jeff Gorton should "drive a hard bargain" in regards to a potential deal for Ryan McDonagh. (NY Post)

He said that Gorton should "think big and go big" and if his price isn't matched he can revisit at the draft. (NY Post)

Brooks writes that while the Rangers may be willing to move McDonagh, "no one is giving away" the Rangers captain. (NY Post)

He lists potential options for McDonagh as Toronto, Boston or Tampa and notes that when the Rangers traded Brian Leetch in 2004 the return was a first, second and two prospects. (NY Post)

It had been suggested that the Rangers might move McDonagh at the draft rather than at the trade deadline.

Darren Dreger was speaking about the Leafs on Tuesday morning and said "The question is, when it comes to McDonagh as an example, the assets you are going to have to deliver to acquire a piece like that are going to be enormous and probably more than Toronto is going to be willing to pay but we don't know yet, it's still relatively early. (TSN 1050)

Adam Rotter: If/when the Rangers trade Ryan McDonagh, the only acceptable return would be a young player(s) with high impact potential. I don't think you trade Ryan McDonagh to get a 1st, 2nd, young top-nine forward and something else, you trade Ryan McDonagh because you are going to land someone(s) that the Rangers can stick right into the middle of their rebuild. There are no sure things regarding young players but if the Rangers are going to trade their captain they need to get someone who is ready to step in and take on a big role as the Rangers continue to reshape things.

Do it!
x10003q
Posted 2018-01-30 9:40 AM (#694750 - in reply to #694748)

MVP

McD should bring back way more than Leetch. He is 7 years younger on a cheap contract for the rest of this season and next season. The Rangers need to get back a young NHL stud and a 2nd pair d/Kevin Klein type plus some mix of picks. McD in a real d structure and not a Keystone Kops d structure will put a team over the top. McD is a true game changer and the Rangers need to get back a game changer.
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-30 10:20 AM (#694751 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

The management has to be smart enough to see Chewy has run his course and its over. The team will go nowhere playing for him. When they fire him they better have a plan is all, including a replacement. It looks like they will need to wait til summer to hopefully expand the coach replacement pool, but they should dump him now, and bring in a experienced temporary replacement to get a different perspective on some of the younger players, in particular Miller, Hayes and Vesey. And you can toss in a inconsistent Chris Kreider into that group to be scrutinized. And make a call on them as far as keeping or moving any of them this summer. I would hate to see any of that group traded before they had a chance to play for a different coach. Inconsistency is the name of the game with this team under Herb's inconsistent discipline and consistent favourtism.
The Rangers may have never been in this situation before. Just trading Nash, Grabner and to a lesser degree Desharnais, Holden, and maybe Fast would bring back some good pieces, especially since there should be significant interest in Nash and Grabner, so that degree of a player dump is a no brainer. But when you entertain the possibility of moving McDonagh, Zuccarello, and even Lundqvist then this thing could be a lottery type win. But the only way it would be a win, is if you get a significant young player, ready to step into the lineup, at the latest to start next season, for each player plus a bounty of draft picks. For example a McDonagh to Toronto trade has to get back a Marner or Nylander plus picks, not just picks, you can not risk a Pavel Brendl, Jamie Lundmark draft fiasco for a return. I'm all for moving anyone of those three as long as a solid player NHL ready to at least start next season comes back in each deal, plus picks. Moving Lundqvist would be at his discretion, and justifiably so, but it should be absolutely discussed.

Edited by Rranger 2018-01-30 3:30 PM
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-30 11:11 AM (#694752 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

I would also hate to see McD go before playing for a coach who has a clue. He is a game changer like X said, problem is, his coach doesn't know how to change his coaching style or systems.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-30 11:14 AM (#694753 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

How on Earth does JG not see what we all see and lay AV off?
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-30 11:14 AM (#694754 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

#Releasethememo woo...The storm is coming
x10003q
Posted 2018-01-30 11:22 AM (#694755 - in reply to #694753)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2018-01-30 1:14 PM

The dolan/slats world is different from the world where the rest of us live. Why did they extend AV last year? Whacky.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-30 11:35 AM (#694756 - in reply to #694755)

Legend

x10003q - 2018-01-30 1:22 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-01-30 1:14 PM

The dolan/slats world is different from the world where the rest of us live. Why did they extend AV last year? Whacky.

Yep our team is run by people that dont care
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-30 11:51 AM (#694757 - in reply to #694752)

All-Star

Rangerjunkie - 2018-01-30 10:11 AM

I would also hate to see McD go before playing for a coach who has a clue. He is a game changer like X said, problem is, his coach doesn't know how to change his coaching style or systems.

I like McDonagh, but he is a bit of a rag doll, which I’ve seen all to often against Philly avoiding Simmonds, and watching Crosby knock him around. Opponents see it and his teammates see it. He needs a Beukeboom type partner to keep the opposition honest, and he’d be a lot more effective. In fairness to him out of all the teams top defensemen, he might be saddled with the worst partner over the last two three years, a declining Girardi and now a inconsistent Holden.
He will yield his best trade return over the next 6 months, before he signs his next contract, and two playoffs for a new team before free agency at a good salary, will drive his value that and a team acquiring him understanding he needs the right partner, a solid defensive banger and a guy that will jump in when he’s challenged physically.

Edited by Rranger 2018-01-30 2:27 PM
x10003q
Posted 2018-01-30 6:12 PM (#694764 - in reply to #694757)

MVP

Rranger - 2018-01-30 1:51 PM

I like McDonagh, but he is a bit of a rag doll, which I’ve seen all to often against Philly avoiding Simmonds, and watching Crosby knock him around. Opponents see it and his teammates see it. He needs a Beukeboom type partner to keep the opposition honest, and he’d be a lot more effective. In fairness to him out of all the teams top defensemen, he might be saddled with the worst partner over the last two three years, a declining Girardi and now a inconsistent Holden.
He will yield his best trade return over the next 6 months, before he signs his next contract, and two playoffs for a new team before free agency at a good salary, will drive his value that and a team acquiring him understanding he needs the right partner, a solid defensive banger and a guy that will jump in when he’s challenged physically.

I disagree with the rag doll comment. McD takes the most hits by other teams. He is a target and is probably more banged up than he lets on. Many teams play the war of attrition game of picking 1 or 2 d-men and just bang them every chance you get. Compounding the McD getting hit is the lack of hitting by the Rangers. They never finish checks and the other teams have no worries. Why this has escaped A/V with guys like Kreider and Miller is beyond me. It goes to AVs inability to use a system that best fits the team rather than jam the team into an ill fitting system. AVs early Ranger success was built on a lot of leftover aggression and structure from the Torts methods mixed into his push the puck/speed system. McD is just not protected enough in AVs system.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-01-30 6:43 PM (#694766 - in reply to #693944)

Scorer

McDonagh to the Jets for Vesalainen, Roslovic and Petan. I trust the Rangers drafting defenseman with high picks more than forwards. I would be comfortable with that deal.

http://lastwordonhockeyprospects.com/2017/04/18/kristian-vesalainen...
https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/nhl-draft-2016/jack-roslovic/
https://www.jacketscannon.com/2013/6/28/4472080/2013-nhl-draft-prosp...

That would free them up to dump Nash. Maybe replace Zucc which is tough but probably is something they have to look at.
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-30 7:01 PM (#694767 - in reply to #694764)

All-Star

x10003q - 2018-01-30 5:12 PM

I disagree with the rag doll comment. McD takes the most hits by other teams. He is a target and is probably more banged up than he lets on. Many teams play the war of attrition game of picking 1 or 2 d-men and just bang them every chance you get. Compounding the McD getting hit is the lack of hitting by the Rangers. They never finish checks and the other teams have no worries. Why this has escaped A/V with guys like Kreider and Miller is beyond me. It goes to AVs inability to use a system that best fits the team rather than jam the team into an ill fitting system. AVs early Ranger success was built on a lot of leftover aggression and structure from the Torts methods mixed into his push the puck/speed system. McD is just not protected enough in AVs system.

I’m not talking about hitting it’s about McDonagh getting challenged by Simmonds and doing nothing, it’s about Crosby smacking McDonagh around.I saw both incidents it’s about a player standing up for himself.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-30 7:47 PM (#694768 - in reply to #694767)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-01-30 9:01 PM

I’m not talking about hitting it’s about McDonagh getting challenged by Simmonds and doing nothing, it’s about Crosby smacking McDonagh around.I saw both incidents it’s about a player standing up for himself.

I agree...That is why he is not Captain material
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-31 6:01 AM (#694772 - in reply to #694767)

All-Star

Rranger - 2018-01-30 7:01 PM

The incident with Simmonds McD was standing up for himself, they were both jawing and pushing each other. Simmonds then sucker punched McD, he didn't even see it coming...How could he have stuck up for himself any differently?

I think the Rangers are the softest team BY FAR in the NHL, but there are a lot of Captains that don't fight!
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-31 9:22 AM (#694773 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

Its not just one incident with Simmonds. There is usually a couple every time they play. My point is he would not have to do anything if he had a partner that understood McDonagh's value and watched his back. He never has, Girardi to a point, now Nick does nothing. Its about putting your players in a position to succeed. I have no doubt a partner that got involved in Mcdonaghs opponents liberties, would improve his game.

Edited by Rranger 2018-01-31 10:39 AM
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-31 10:47 AM (#694776 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

The Rangers will know by the trade deadline their playoff chances. The schedule leading up to it leaves no room for error.

The Rangers have 13 games between tomorrow, when they resume action, and 2/26, which is the trade deadline.

In that stretch the Rangers play:

Toronto, @Nashville
@Dallas, Boston, Calgary
@Winnipeg, @Minnesota, @Islanders, @Ottawa
Philly, @Montreal, Minnesota
Detroit

I think they will be doing good to finish the season at a 500 pace. And this stretch before the trade deadline is particularly tough. They definitely have it to do. 0 wins and 6 losses in the next 6 games is not inconceivable.

Edited by Rranger 2018-01-31 11:39 AM
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-31 1:18 PM (#694779 - in reply to #694773)

All-Star

Rranger - 2018-01-31 9:22 AM

Its not just one incident with Simmonds. There is usually a couple every time they play. My point is he would not have to do anything if he had a partner that understood McDonagh's value and watched his back. He never has, Girardi to a point, now Nick does nothing. Its about putting your players in a position to succeed. I have no doubt a partner that got involved in Mcdonaghs opponents liberties, would improve his game.

Oh ok Gotcha
robstones
Posted 2018-01-31 1:41 PM (#694780 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

Nash Zibanejad Buchnevich
Miller Hayes Zuccarello
Grabner Holland Fast
McLeod Deshernais Vesey

For tomorrow

Not a bad looking lineup, really. Get Kreiser back, and scratch Deshernais.... should be in good shape up front.

As all tge bloggers are saying.... going to be an interesting few weeks
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-31 1:50 PM (#694782 - in reply to #694780)

Legend

robstones - 2018-01-31 3:41 PM

Miller Hayes Zuccarello
Grabner Holland Fast
McLeod Deshernais Vesey

For tomorrow

Not a bad looking lineup, really. Get Kreiser back, and scratch Deshernais.... should be in good shape up front.

26 more days til NYR Christmas! Sell it ALL....Crazy Eddie style
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-01 5:08 AM (#694794 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

https://www.nhl.com/video/nhl-tonight-rick-nash/t-278910374/c-572257...
Gravey09
Posted 2018-02-01 6:47 AM (#694796 - in reply to #694782)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-01-31 1:50 PM

Miller Hayes Zuccarello
Grabner Holland Fast
McLeod Deshernais Vesey

For tomorrow

I am with ya !!!!
My fear is a move up the standings gets the genius' thinking this group has another deep run in their NYR future.

Rranger
Posted 2018-02-01 9:50 AM (#694797 - in reply to #694796)

All-Star

Gravey09 - 2018-02-01 5:47 AM

Mikey Red - 2018-01-31 1:50 PM

Miller Hayes Zuccarello
Grabner Holland Fast
McLeod Deshernais Vesey

For tomorrow

I am with ya !!!!
My fear is a move up the standings gets the genius' thinking this group has another deep run in their NYR future.

As much as I want the Rangers in the playoffs, I want this coach gone. Out the friggin door ASAP. That being said the Rangers playoff hopes are all on them. Its not like its a impossible task, they are still able to get into the playoffs on their own without any help from anyone. Win their 2 games in hand on Pittsburgh and they are tied with them. Jersey has one game in hand on the Rangers and is only 4 points up, those are the seeded teams, wildcards Columbus 58 points and Philly 56 points compared to the Rangers 55 with the same number of games remaining. So its not like the Rangers got a lot of ground to make up. Your basically talking outplaying one of Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Columbus, or Philadelphia, who are ahead of them, while staying ahead of Carolina and the Islanders who just blew two valuable games after the break. I think this year a 90 point season might be enough. I just don’t see these teams that get in all being consistent enough to get 96 points plus.
Teams ahead of the Rangers are catchable, but the Rangers biggest enemy is themselves, and it will be their toughest hurdle to get their game and especially effort consistently improved. I think reality for the Rangers is more of their stumbling through games down the stretch, and with most of their travelling games out west still remaining, they will end this season on the outside looking in and hopefully chewy's reign of error will be over.

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-01 11:51 AM
Gravey09
Posted 2018-02-01 6:02 PM (#694913 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

Hello Gordie this is Jeff ..... get those scouting reports we've been discussing and come on over to my office ... gonna be long night .... DING DING attention shoppers!
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-01 7:39 PM (#695058 - in reply to #694913)

All-Star

Gravey09 - 2018-02-01 5:02 PM

Hello Gordie this is Jeff ..... get those scouting reports we've been discussing and come on over to my office ... gonna be long night .... DING DING attention shoppers!

Lol yup. A lot of old stock to move out.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-01 7:54 PM (#695066 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

This group had many years of a good run, but that's it for this group, time for a change.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software