Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zuccarello and Nash on possible trade rumors
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

RANGERNUT
Posted 2018-01-22 4:35 AM (#693944)
Subject: Zuccarello and Nash on possible trade rumors

All-Star

Both Rick Nash and Mats Zuccarello's names have been brought up in relation to potential moves the Rangers might make at the trade deadline.

Adam Rotter: I'm not sure the Rangers have much interest in moving Zuccarello unless they get a package they can't turn down for him. He's the leading scorer and while he has been inconsistent this season, Alain Vigneault has praised the example that he sets on the ice.

Nash is a bit of a different story and his status will depend much more on where the team is in relation to the deadline and the kind of offers that they get. My guess, right now,is that it's probably 65/35 that Nash stays with the Rangers past the deadline but that could swing in the other direction quickly if the Rangers can't string wins together.

https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/zuccarello-and-nash-on-possible-trad...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-22 9:05 AM (#693956 - in reply to #693944)
Subject: Re: Zuccarello and Nash on possible trade rumors

All-Star

I agree.

I think Zucc is well liked and respected by his teammates, he's also one of the guys who leads by example, it would be hard to see him go. If only he was more consistent and 6"1 210......

If its a good return though I guess you may have to pull the trigger
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-01-22 9:09 AM (#693957 - in reply to #693944)

Scorer

With the emergence of Ronning being so dominant this year in juniors and a right handed shot to boot, despite not playing in the NHL yet he might make Zucc more expendable. He did fine in his brief AHL outing as well. He's also a shot on goal machine which this pass happy dumbass team needs. Zucc would be a tough loss. I am OK with them moving Nash, Smith and even McDonagh. Grabner would tough as well but I feel confident they can bring him back.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-22 9:17 AM (#693962 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

Yes you have to trade Nash .....and yes you can trade Zuc ...he is getting older.....as RJ points out ...Ronning can maybe be our new hobbit....besides ...they moved Zucs bff .....if they keep Nash and extend him...Gorton should be fired
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-22 9:19 AM (#693964 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

Salary cap world ....gotta stay out of albatross contracts....”see NYR”..... gotta stay young too
robstones
Posted 2018-01-22 9:22 AM (#693965 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

I don't think Zuccs goes anywhere

But McDonagh, Nash, and Grabner are likely on their way out if the price is right.

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-22 9:28 AM (#693966 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

Yep Rob I dig it....and I would welcome Grabs back in July....Nash as a 3rd liner ...maybe
sureshore
Posted 2018-01-22 10:34 AM (#693971 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

Rangers need to be sellers for sure. I'd also let Nash go and then bring him back next year for less. Gotta say that even when he's not scoring (which has happened more than you'd like), he's still one of the 2 or 3 hardest workers out there game in and game out. Can't say the same for almost anyone else on the team except for McD, Grabner and Fast. The Z brothers (Zucc and Zib) have had lots of MIA time lately, as has Miller, Buch, Mustard man and Vesey. and then there's the injured list guys - all dropping in with a good stretch every once in awhile but far from day in, day out. Won't even get into discussing the defense.

Said it before and I'll say it again regarding the younger guys and those not quite as young anymore (Buch, Vesey, Zib, Miller, Kreider) - until getting rid of any of them AV must go. Lots of talent with a coach without a clue

LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-01-22 3:25 PM (#693984 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/platform/amp/2018/1/22/16905318/ryan...
Blue404
Posted 2018-01-22 7:42 PM (#693990 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

Oh ..I was expecting rather different rumors.
Blue404
Posted 2018-01-22 8:04 PM (#693991 - in reply to #693984)

Legend

Great article. Thank you.
PV29
Posted 2018-01-22 10:06 PM (#693992 - in reply to #693991)

Legend

Selling at the deadline is fine. Anyone who brings back long term solutions should be considered.

BUT >>> if AV has any input as to who they get back in any trade, them I say don't do it. Trades need to be done to address deficiencies, not another set of AV wish list bull****:

- #1 caliber center
- physical stay-at-home defensemen
- physical wingers
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-01-23 6:41 AM (#694004 - in reply to #693962)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-01-22 11:17 AM

.....if they keep Nash and extend him...Gorton should be fired
If this happens, it will confirm my suspicions that Stogie Man is still calling the shots.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-23 9:33 AM (#694007 - in reply to #694004)

Legend

Mjolnir - 2018-01-23 8:41 AM

If this happens, it will confirm my suspicions that Stogie Man is still calling the shots.

Im sure that is definitely the case
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-23 6:35 PM (#694024 - in reply to #694007)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-01-23 8:33 AM

Mjolnir - 2018-01-23 8:41 AM

Im sure that is definitely the case

If they try to buy it’s stogie man, if they try to sell Gorton has some clout.
concust
Posted 2018-01-23 8:44 PM (#694148 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

If you can get Marner or Nylander out of the Leafs, AND a high pick, (for McDonagh) you absolutely have to do it.

Nash will command less as a more typical rental but you also have to do that, almost regardless of the return. Add to this that the Rangers can retain 50% salary for the rest of the year, teams should be drooling to add a defensively responsible Nash who still has some scoring to their third line at $4m. That will fit nicely into the cap situation of most contenders.

Zuccarello, I hope they don't trade but if they end up trading him (which would be better for the long term outlook of the franchise) I hope they get a haul. He's worth it.

I was wary of Gorton's "rebuild on the fly" comment last June, but now I'm sure of it. You're either all-in on a rebuild or you're all-in on a Cup run. There's no productive middle ground.

RANGERNUT
Posted 2018-01-24 8:04 AM (#694296 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

On TSN, Darren Dreger said the following about the Rangers and the trade deadline:
Jan 23 | 10:45PM

•On Rick Nash and Michael Grabner, "these are two players that are expected to be highly sought after. The Rangers are leaning towards being open for business from a trade front perspective because of their recent slide but it's going to take a lot to acquire Rick Nash. He has yet to be asked for his 12 team trade list."
•On Ryan McDonagh, "there has been a lot of speculation around the Rangers defenseman. It's more more likely that if he gets dealt it's during the summer on the draft floor but again, Jeff Gorton is at least willing to listen."
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-24 8:09 AM (#694297 - in reply to #694296)

Legend

RANGERNUT - 2018-01-24 10:04 AM

On TSN, Darren Dreger said the following about the Rangers and the trade deadline:

•On Rick Nash and Michael Grabner, "these are two players that are expected to be highly sought after. The Rangers are leaning towards being open for business from a trade front perspective because of their recent slide but it's going to take a lot to acquire Rick Nash. He has yet to be asked for his 12 team trade list."
•On Ryan McDonagh, "there has been a lot of speculation around the Rangers defenseman. It's more more likely that if he gets dealt it's during the summer on the draft floor but again, Jeff Gorton is at least willing to listen."

Yes Yes and Yes...has to be done...bring Nash and Grabs back in July....Lets see what happens with Miller, Vesey and Zuc too
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-24 8:58 AM (#694303 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

I believe in this forward group being enough to win a round or two, the defense not so much, to many deficiencies. To many deficiencies trying to play the mythical Herb Tarleck fast break hockey I'm still waiting to see. Usually by the time the Rangers recover the puck in their end they are so tired from chasing it, all they can do is a fast break icing. I guess that satisfies chewy when he checks the secret stats he and his staff keeps that tell him the Rangers are playing great. Dumping him at the end of the season or sooner has to take place.
In the meanwhile any trades made to satisfy Herb should not be made. If he gets whiny about it get rid of him, bring in Schonfeld to mop up and start making some moves to continue the rebuild on the fly. There is no way the Rangers can bring this coach back next season, so just tune him out. They can not let Nash and Grabner walk nor can they resign them, so they have to trade them, both very well possibly returning a first round pick, Nash more so, but both would yield a good return. If you can get at least a stick back you move Desharnais and end this visual torture of him in the uniform. When Herb gets fired, Fast's value will plummet, so may as well sell high.
If the Rangers are truly looking to maximize asset value before, in Lundqvist's case a deterioration to nothing, moving him soon, this deadline or summer has to happen. Toss in McDonagh who IMO is playing his way out of New York, and the Rangers are in a very enviable sellers position. This is almost a perfect sellers storm for the Rangers and a very rare opportunity to load up and recoup some of the picks and players squandered chasing Herbs shopping list.
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-01-24 9:50 AM (#694304 - in reply to #694303)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-01-24 10:58 AM

I believe in this forward group being enough to win a round or two, the defense not so much, to many deficiencies. To many deficiencies trying to play the mythical Herb Tarleck fast break hockey I'm still waiting to see. Usually by the time the Rangers recover the puck in their end they are so tired from chasing it, all they can do is a fast break icing. I guess that satisfies chewy when he checks the secret stats he and his staff keeps that tell him the Rangers are playing great. Dumping him at the end of the season or sooner has to take place.
In the meanwhile any trades made to satisfy Herb should not be made. If he gets whiny about it get rid of him, bring in Schonfeld to mop up and start making some moves to continue the rebuild on the fly. There is no way the Rangers can bring this coach back next season, so just tune him out. They can not let Nash and Grabner walk nor can they resign them, so they have to trade them, both very well possibly returning a first round pick, Nash more so, but both would yield a good return. If you can get at least a stick back you move Desharnais and end this visual torture of him in the uniform. When Herb gets fired, Fast's value will plummet, so may as well sell high.
If the Rangers are truly looking to maximize asset value before, in Lundqvist's case a deterioration to nothing, moving him soon, this deadline or summer has to happen. Toss in McDonagh who IMO is playing his way out of New York, and the Rangers are in a very enviable sellers position. This is almost a perfect sellers storm for the Rangers and a very rare opportunity to load up and recoup some of the picks and players squandered chasing Herbs shopping list.

You are not going to get Schoeny to coach now or any other time.
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-01-24 9:55 AM (#694305 - in reply to #694296)

Legend

RANGERNUT - 2018-01-24 10:04 AM

Don't agree with "it's going to take a lot to acquire Rick Nash." Rangers will be lucky to get half of what they gave up for him.
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-24 10:31 AM (#694306 - in reply to #694304)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2018-01-24 8:50 AM

Rranger - 2018-01-24 10:58 AM

You are not going to get Schoeny to coach now or any other time.

Then get topo gigo.

Edited by Rranger 2018-01-24 11:05 AM
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-01-24 12:21 PM (#694311 - in reply to #694306)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-01-24 12:31 PM

Then get topo gigo.
Who the hell is......?
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-24 12:26 PM (#694312 - in reply to #694311)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2018-01-24 11:21 AM

Rranger - 2018-01-24 12:31 PM

Then get topo gigo.
Who the hell is......?

Topo Gigio is a icon. And would be a improvement.

Edited by Rranger 2018-01-24 12:37 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-24 12:34 PM (#694313 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

This is actually working out good for the Rangers....We are not winning the SC...We are not close....so now we have pieces that we can sell high on and retool....Gorton has a chance to clean up his mess that he made back in July....Grabs and Nash, see you in July.... Mac and Zuc see ya....Maybe Henrik if it can be done
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-01-24 1:00 PM (#694314 - in reply to #694313)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-01-24 2:34 PM

.Grabs and Nash, see you in July.
WHY??????
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-24 1:03 PM (#694315 - in reply to #694313)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-01-24 11:34 AM

This is actually working out good for the Rangers....We are not winning the SC...We are not close....so now we have pieces that we can sell high on and retool....Gorton has a chance to clean up his mess that he made back in July....Grabs and Nash, see you in July.... Mac and Zuc see ya....Maybe Henrik if it can be done

Rangers have the best chance to drastically alter the talent pool moving McDonagh and Lundqvist who to the right contending team could still return a nice haul. A lot of hurdles to get over, but anything is possible. And as Lundqvist watches it all crumble in front of him, he must see there’s some work to be done before any playoff runs are going to happen. So he might be as ripe for a move. It would be all about location, location with Lundqvist.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-24 1:06 PM (#694316 - in reply to #694314)

Legend

Mjolnir - 2018-01-24 3:00 PM

.Grabs and Nash, see you in July.
WHY??????

Grabs I would welcome back as a top 9 good forward....Nash can play 4 th line for 1 mil per
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-24 1:17 PM (#694317 - in reply to #693944)

Legend

Nash was awesome last night for the 1st period....then we didnt notice him rest of thr game
Mandar
Posted 2018-01-24 1:31 PM (#694318 - in reply to #694313)

MVP

All for picks?
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-24 1:49 PM (#694320 - in reply to #694318)

Legend

Mandar - 2018-01-24 3:31 PM

All for picks?

Premium picks and ready to go prospects and Trouba... Yes....Extending our guys....absolutely no way on Gods Green Earth
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-01-24 1:53 PM (#694321 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

Look who has most probably become available:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blue-jackets-send-brandon-dubinsky-1539...
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-24 2:15 PM (#694322 - in reply to #694318)

All-Star

Mandar - 2018-01-24 1:31 PM

All for picks?

Picks are better than getting nothing when they leave for free agency
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-24 2:18 PM (#694323 - in reply to #694322)

All-Star

Rangerjunkie - 2018-01-24 2:15 PM

Mandar - 2018-01-24 1:31 PM

All for picks?

Picks are better than getting nothing when they leave for free agency

Sorry to quote on my own quote, but picks for Nash and Grabner. You never know a team might also give a top prospect and maybe a young NHL player with the picks...Isnt that what the Rangers always do??

For McD or Lundqvist, I think you would get much more than just picks...
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-24 2:22 PM (#694324 - in reply to #693944)

All-Star

I don't want to trade Hank......But think of the haul he would get back for the Rangers..

He will be 36, how many great years do you think he has left??
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software