Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NYR Trade Deadline Thread - EVERYBODY TRADED [OFFICIAL]
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... >
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Blue404
Posted 2018-02-07 11:45 AM (#695558 - in reply to #695393)
Subject: Re: NYR Trade Deadline Thread

Legend

As for trades i am usually going to Spector's website,I found it more reliable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-07 11:48 AM (#695559 - in reply to #695553)

All-Star

sureshore - 2018-02-07 10:17 AM

Rranger - 2018-02-07 12:04 PM

Vua - 2018-02-07 5:16 AM

Rranger - 2018-02-06 10:40 PM

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-06 7:28 PM

Are you retarded? Brooks was completely wrong. Brassard and Stepan turned into lazy, overpaid dogs. They sucked once they got paid. This team isn't losing because of the center position. They are losing because AV is a moron who won't play any stay at home defenseman who know where to stand on the ice. They are soft because AV is a pussy. They lose because they traded away first round picks four years in a row and their second round picks two of those years. They lose because after 11 years of really good hockey, there is bound to be a down year. As usually Rranger, you're clueless. Brooks has never seen Andersson play in his life most likely. The Stepan trade with his moronic salary was Gorton's best deal. Zibanejad was a gift. Brassard is done. He basically is just an old, overpaid dope at this point. If you are listening to Brooks, stop watching hockey. That old, senile idiot lost it a long time ago.

This team needs a new coach. Period. Quite honestly. They are lazy. Andersson and Chytil are the exact types of players they need a lot more of. Ronning fits that mold. So will Fontaine. Graves also. However, our stupid head coach is too stubborn much like Torts was to change his way. Nash, Holden, McDonagh and Zucc. These are all guys who could help contenders. At this point, they aren't part of the solution here. I give Hayes, Vesey and Buchnevich another year. See what they do.

I’m guessing mommy and daddy locked you in the basement again. Send us a address we might be able to help. Read the article again, read your post, have a good laugh at your own stupidity like we all are, and relax maybe that will get you back upstairs. Then get back into rating hockey rink hot dogs, on your Dogs Blog. It’s the only thing you know around a hockey rink.

The amount of crazy in that post is unreal. It's more likely he gave an orderly the slip and got to the library computer at the institution.

He is unique.

I will agree with him on one thing - Brooks is an idiot and most of what he wrote is completely wrong. How bout a knock on AV for once? He has no hand in this cr@p on the ice?

I know Oscar Lindberg's not doing much for Vegas, but if you knew you were going to trade Stepan leaving you short at center maybe would have been a good idea to hold onto him? He would have given much more flexibility and skills than folks like Hugh Carey and Peter Netherlands.

Brooks is a hack - has been for years

I’d like to hear the “most of”what he’s wrong about that’s in the article? I’m sure you will discuss the article unlike the retard who didn’t discuss one point Brooks wrote.

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-07 12:07 PM
sureshore
Posted 2018-02-07 12:08 PM (#695564 - in reply to #695559)

All-Star

Rranger - 2018-02-07 1:48 PM

sureshore - 2018-02-07 10:17 AM

Rranger - 2018-02-07 12:04 PM

Vua - 2018-02-07 5:16 AM

Rranger - 2018-02-06 10:40 PM

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-06 7:28 PM

Are you retarded? Brooks was completely wrong. Brassard and Stepan turned into lazy, overpaid dogs. They sucked once they got paid. This team isn't losing because of the center position. They are losing because AV is a moron who won't play any stay at home defenseman who know where to stand on the ice. They are soft because AV is a pussy. They lose because they traded away first round picks four years in a row and their second round picks two of those years. They lose because after 11 years of really good hockey, there is bound to be a down year. As usually Rranger, you're clueless. Brooks has never seen Andersson play in his life most likely. The Stepan trade with his moronic salary was Gorton's best deal. Zibanejad was a gift. Brassard is done. He basically is just an old, overpaid dope at this point. If you are listening to Brooks, stop watching hockey. That old, senile idiot lost it a long time ago.

This team needs a new coach. Period. Quite honestly. They are lazy. Andersson and Chytil are the exact types of players they need a lot more of. Ronning fits that mold. So will Fontaine. Graves also. However, our stupid head coach is too stubborn much like Torts was to change his way. Nash, Holden, McDonagh and Zucc. These are all guys who could help contenders. At this point, they aren't part of the solution here. I give Hayes, Vesey and Buchnevich another year. See what they do.

I’m guessing mommy and daddy locked you in the basement again. Send us a address we might be able to help. Read the article again, read your post, have a good laugh at your own stupidity like we all are, and relax maybe that will get you back upstairs. Then get back into rating hockey rink hot dogs, on your Dogs Blog. It’s the only thing you know around a hockey rink.

The amount of crazy in that post is unreal. It's more likely he gave an orderly the slip and got to the library computer at the institution.

He is unique.

I will agree with him on one thing - Brooks is an idiot and most of what he wrote is completely wrong. How bout a knock on AV for once? He has no hand in this cr@p on the ice?

I know Oscar Lindberg's not doing much for Vegas, but if you knew you were going to trade Stepan leaving you short at center maybe would have been a good idea to hold onto him? He would have given much more flexibility and skills than folks like Hugh Carey and Peter Netherlands.

Brooks is a hack - has been for years

I’d like to hear the “most of”what he’s wrong about that’s in the article?

Don't shoot me - I'll do my best.

#1 - re Andersson. He flat out says "The Swede was not ready". Maybe so, but that was based on AV's evaluation which I lend little to no credence in.
#2 - re Andersson/Middlestadt. Neither has played even one NHL game so to already slam that choice is premature, at best.
#3 - re JT Miller - I actually agree that Miller belongs on the wing, always did, but I don't hesitate to say most of the prodigious posters on this board think he's a center. Where I think Brooks is full of BS is that, while I could be mistaken, Brooks has also lobbied for Miller to play center more than once
#4 - re "veteran center over the summer, but none was available at an appropriate price". Then who the hell is this Dijonaisse guy? That's exactly what they did (or thought they did)
#5 - re Zib vs Brassard as a 3 zone center. Granted, Zib isn't and probably will never be a #1 center, but if Brooks thinks he's not a more complete center than Brassard then he should turn in his credentials.
#6 - re Shattenkirk - Though I'm not ready to toss in the towel on Shat just yet, I think we can fairly say he's not what had been hoped for when signed. to say "It is impossible to evaluate Kevin Shattenkirk’s signing and season now that we know that he was essentially playing on one leg after sustaining a left meniscus injury the second week of training camp" is just stupid on Brooks' part
#7 - re Brendan Smith. Would I have signed him to that contract? No. Is he anywhere near "played so badly, the Rangers might even consider placing him on waivers"? Rediculous. Our entire defense has looked awful.

In summary, rarely ever a bad word for AV
Vua
Posted 2018-02-07 12:14 PM (#695565 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

What he says about Brooks may be true this time(I didn't read the article), but this is coming from the guy that suggested Brooks reads his posts and writes matching articles. While it was in jest, he was saying Brooks thinks like him.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-07 12:42 PM (#695567 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

Now that Trouba is hurt...and the Jets say they have alot of RD...You can probably swing Mac to them for Trouba plus....They have a shot at the Cup this year
sureshore
Posted 2018-02-07 1:49 PM (#695570 - in reply to #695565)

All-Star

Vua - 2018-02-07 2:14 PM

What he says about Brooks may be true this time(I didn't read the article), but this is coming from the guy that suggested Brooks reads his posts and writes matching articles. While it was in jest, he was saying Brooks thinks like him.

I get that - (assuming you mean Dump and not me)

Rranger
Posted 2018-02-07 2:41 PM (#695572 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

Lol. sureshore rifles put away.

No slamming here,
1) Andersson wasn’t ready. That’s Brooks point. Chewy doesn’t make that call on his own.
2)Andersson/Middlestadt. He raises the point they drafted Andersson because he was more NHL ready, that was the gist on draft day. He is raising the possibility Middlestadt has a higher ceiling than Andersson, that was also discussed about other later picks on draft day. Notable draft so called experts talked about the Rangers grabbing Andersson and his package early. Pointing out the possibility is not wrong, nor do players have to play in the NHL to make that call, teams do it every trade involving young players not yet in the NHL. My own experience from watching those two in the World Junior and Lias at camp is I’ll take Middlestadt and twice on Sunday. So he raises a legitimate question.
3) I don’t agree with anybody who says Miller is better at wing than center, so I will disagree with both of you. He had games this season where he was the best center. So I don’t like his assessment of Miller.
4) Adding Desharnais still only gave them three centres. The time it took to bring up Nieves after the Cracknell acquisition, the subsequent acquisition of Peter Holland, could easily be argued as fishing around for another center. It just didn’t get done over the summer.
5)Brassard was a good Ranger.. Showed up when the money was on the line. I agree with Brooks that Zibanejad has morphed into a shooter. When Brooks says Brassard is better in all three zones I’m not sure I agree with that, but that doesn’t mean Zibanejad is a three zone guy either, So you’d probably get a good argument on that one. I’m not going to disagree with Brooks on that one, Zibanejad is another of the many underachievers on the Rangers. If his point is Brassard is a better all round player than Zibanejad then I don’t disagree. I’d play Brassard head to head with Zibanejad any day of the week. I had big expectations when the Rangers got Zibanejad and rate him as a disappointment. The gift is a floater.

6) I don’t get why it’s not “impossible to evaluate” Shattenkirk, Brooks is giving him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to come back after healing up and then being judged. What is wrong with that. His skating was a huge issue IMO and a torn meniscus may explain that. I’ve had that done and am suprised he was playing through it.
7) Smith is running out of rope, it is safe to say he’s been a major disappointment, easily the defenseman judged as performing the furthest below his expected performance level. It’s been discussed on here, Smith is a good example of a guy some would like to see play for another coach, me to even though it was well known he had his warts when they got him. I think he cost a second and a third pick and then got a bucket of money and hasn’t come close to expectations. I’m inserting the so and so did to disclaimer, Smith is the conversation. Being waived is a possibility I’m not so sure of, but if they have to move him, then how? I don’t see much trade value, so he might not be to far off. The contract is a killer.

I get the oh it’s Larry stuff and he has wrote some articles to create interest and incite discussion, but to me this was one of his better ones and I’ll give you a couple points, but still agree with Brooks on most of what he wrote. And the fact wiener boy disagrees with every thing is all the confirmation I need.

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-07 3:50 PM
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-02-07 2:50 PM (#695573 - in reply to #695393)

Scorer

Brooks only takes my trade suggestions dumbass like when I mention dealing McDonagh. How quickly your sped ass forgets I was trying to get Grabner here 2 years before they finally did it. I never critiqued the Stepan deal. I praised it because Stepan was a dog. I also praised the Brassard deal because he turned into a dog. Brooks second guesses deals of guys who have had some success for the team. He always has. He becomes attached to players. He has always been quick to blame the GM. I'm not thrilled with Gorton right now but I will give him this stretch to redeem himself for some dumb moves.

There are two players doing really well for the Pack right now that are young. Andersson and Chytil. Our only two, first round picks in 4 freakin years. That being said, I think some other guys down there still have bright futures with some more time. Graves at this point is probably bored out of his mind and is wondering why he isn't on the big club with the imbeciles currently playing defense for the big club.
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-07 3:01 PM (#695575 - in reply to #695573)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-07 1:50 PM

Brooks only takes my trade suggestions dumbass like when I mention dealing McDonagh. How quickly your sped ass forgets I was trying to get Grabner here 2 years before they finally did it. I never critiqued the Stepan deal. I praised it because Stepan was a dog. I also praised the Brassard deal because he turned into a dog. Brooks second guesses deals of guys who have had some success for the team. He always has. He becomes attached to players. He has always been quick to blame the GM. I'm not thrilled with Gorton right now but I will give him this stretch to redeem himself for some dumb moves.

There are two players doing really well for the Pack right now that are young. Andersson and Chytil. Our only two, first round picks in 4 freakin years. That being said, I think some other guys down there still have bright futures with some more time. Graves at this point is probably bored out of his mind and is wondering why he isn't on the big club with the imbeciles currently playing defense for the big club.

If your talking to your other self, you know the one that got you locked up at least tell us so we know, and then we don’t have to guess who your whining to.

You were trying to get Grabner here two years before the Rangers did. Wow. ,!! What did you do send him a bus ticket? Let him use your air Miles? Enlighten us where your plans went off the rails for two years..
What a putz lol. My laugh of the day. Thank you so much chip .

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-07 3:52 PM
Blue404
Posted 2018-02-07 4:19 PM (#695576 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

Mr Larry Brooks,see what you did?Every post has 20 pages or so....long enough to hate it more than late bus.
Vua
Posted 2018-02-07 5:49 PM (#695580 - in reply to #695570)

All-Star

sureshore - 2018-02-07 1:49 PM

Vua - 2018-02-07 2:14 PM

I get that - (assuming you mean Dump and not me)

Yes I meant Dump. Though I must apologize to him. I didn't realize Brooks only stopped in get our resident genius's opinion only for trades. I thought it was for his vast hockey knowledge as a whole.

Edited by Vua 2018-02-07 5:57 PM
RANGERNUT
Posted 2018-02-08 2:57 AM (#695816 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

10:20PM- 2/7/18: On NBCSN on Wednesday, Bob McKenzie spoke about the Rangers and said:

•On the price for Rick Nash, "it's going to be high. The Rangers are getting a lot of calls on Nash. What they want right now is three pieces, a first round pick, a top prospect and a lesser player/pick/prospect.

•On Grabner and Holden, "there is lots of interest in Grabner. Right now the Rangers are asking teams for a first round pick on Grabner, that is it. There are teams out there that are saying they won't give a first rounder on Grabner now, and any time you get a depth defenseman like Holden, he's more of that second level rental but he is going to go and someone will give up a draft pick to get him.

•McKenzie added later in the show that Tampa Bay is talking to the Rangers about Ryan McDonagh.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-02-08 4:38 AM (#695818 - in reply to #695393)
Subject: RE: NYR Trade Deadline Thread

Scorer

Brooks loves to re-visit old trades every time the team struggles and blame those trades. There are 2 reasons the team is in this mess. AV refuses to change his run and gun mentality. He will never try to develop stay at home, physical defenseman who actually know where to stand on the ice. Two, they pissed away almost all their high picks over a 4 year period. It's no coincidence that the Pack are 5-0-1 since Andersson got there. He has 5 points in 6 games. Chytil 22 in 27 games. The got one back last year when they had two first rounders. Hopefully, they will have 4 first rounders this draft with trades and a pick in the top 5 with their own pick. That should get the future back on track if they make the right picks.
robstones
Posted 2018-02-08 5:49 AM (#695819 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

If Boo Nieves can play in this league, so too can Lias Andersson.

Andersson could have started the year in the NHL. No one over estimated his readiness... But why rush these kids along? What would have been the point in that?

We could've drafted Mittlestadt, but Lias is a good player, too.....
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-08 9:57 AM (#695828 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

NHL mid day show just said NYR to have a news conference this hour to announce that everybody except Henrik is available.....interesting
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-08 10:02 AM (#695830 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

Brendan Smith just placed on waivers
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-08 10:03 AM (#695831 - in reply to #695828)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-02-08 8:57 AM

NHL mid day show just said NYR to have a news conference this hour to announce that everybody except Henrik is available.....interesting

Hopefully that means they are firing the entire coaching staff and they are also available. And I don't believe they call a news conference for a who's available chat. Maybe something bigger is afoot.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-08 10:06 AM (#695832 - in reply to #695831)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-02-08 12:03 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-02-08 8:57 AM

Hopefully that means they are firing the entire coaching staff and they are also available. And I don't believe they call a news conference for a who's available chat. Maybe something bigger is afoot.

Yeah let's hope
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-08 10:06 AM (#695833 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

We have assets... thats why we need to cash them in and re tool
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-02-08 11:25 AM (#695842 - in reply to #695393)

Scorer

Andersson is exactly the type of player this team is very short on now. A guy who actually gives a damn about winning. Has a high hockey IQ. Will shoot the puck. Never takes shifts or games off. Can play anywhere and with an edge. AV and his mentality of playing pussy defenseman is slowly killing this organization. The fact Graves isn't up here is a disgrace with the bumbling idiots on our defense. It also shows me that AV has no clue what he's doing anymore. I felt Graves made the team after camp. Sadly a lot of our fans bought into AV's stupid nonsense about skating too slow, moving the puck to slow, and all his other crap. All the Rangers defense does is move the puck super quick which leads to no thinking before moving the puck which leads to the countless turnovers they always cough up. I remember in the old days when Staal and Girardi would hold onto the puck forever in the corners. I used to yell at them. Now, I think that they knew what they were doing watching the rejects we currently have on defense because of AV's system.

Edited by itsmcilrathtime 2018-02-08 11:26 AM
robstones
Posted 2018-02-08 12:32 PM (#695850 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

Did we all read the letter to the fans from Gorton and Sather???

I've never seen a team do that before in any sport ever....

A storm is a brewin....
robstones
Posted 2018-02-08 12:38 PM (#695851 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

They're gonna trade Lundqvist....
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-08 12:54 PM (#695854 - in reply to #695851)

All-Star

robstones - 2018-02-08 11:38 AM

That’s a interesting angle. The put it out there everybody might be available. Watching Lundqvist’s expression as he sits on the bench after being pulled every other game, I can’t imagine he’s all in on sticking around.

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-08 1:02 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-08 12:58 PM (#695855 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

Sell...Everybody is available...and Sather stay the F away
Fish
Posted 2018-02-08 1:47 PM (#695858 - in reply to #695851)

Publisher

I'd still be surprised if they traded him, but I can see why he'd want to be traded
robstones
Posted 2018-02-08 2:01 PM (#695859 - in reply to #695858)

Legend

Fish - 2018-02-08 3:47 PM

I'd still be surprised if they traded him, but I can see why he'd want to be traded

He said he doesn't want to.

I've just never seen a letter like that before.... they're warning the fan base that popular players could be on the way out.... I don't think they do that if it's just Nash and Grabner they plan on dealing
rjpny75
Posted 2018-02-08 2:08 PM (#695860 - in reply to #695564)

Rookie

#7 - re Brendan Smith. Would I have signed him to that contract? No. Is he anywhere near "played so badly, the Rangers might even consider placing him on waivers"? Rediculous. Our entire defense has looked awful.

LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-08 2:41 PM (#695861 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

https://www.nhl.com/news/rangers-sellers-trade-deadline-twitter-stat...
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-08 2:42 PM (#695862 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

https://www.nhl.com/news/rangers-forward-rick-nash-a-strong-trade-co...
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-08 2:43 PM (#695863 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

https://www.nhl.com/video/nhl-tonight-new-york-rangers/t-278910374/c...
x10003q
Posted 2018-02-08 2:47 PM (#695864 - in reply to #695859)

MVP

robstones - 2018-02-08 4:01 PM

Fish - 2018-02-08 3:47 PM

He said he doesn't want to.

I've just never seen a letter like that before.... they're warning the fan base that popular players could be on the way out.... I don't think they do that if it's just Nash and Grabner they plan on dealing

The rangers management got a ton of shyt when they traded away leetch without warning the fans. That is what this letter is about.
Fish
Posted 2018-02-08 2:48 PM (#695865 - in reply to #695864)

Publisher

x10003q - 2018-02-08 1:47 PM

The rangers management got a ton of shyt when they traded away leetch without warning the fans. That is what this letter is about.

They also didn't see fit to tell Leetch either...
x10003q
Posted 2018-02-08 2:56 PM (#695866 - in reply to #695865)

MVP

Fish - 2018-02-08 4:48 PM

x10003q - 2018-02-08 1:47 PM

They also didn't see fit to tell Leetch either...

Yeah, that was crazy. Sather is an old school tool.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-02-08 3:18 PM (#695867 - in reply to #695393)

Scorer

Fukkkk Leetch. He dogged it many years after 1997 and held the organization up for ransom every contract. They owed him nothing. Our fan base had their eyes closed with Leetch the second half of his career. Stepan started doing the same thing. Thank God they got rid of him. I think McDonagh plays hard but it really makes no sense to keep him at his age and for what he can bring back in return.
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-08 3:40 PM (#695868 - in reply to #695842)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-08 10:25 AM

Andersson is exactly the type of player this team is very short on now. A guy who actually gives a damn about winning. Has a high hockey IQ. Will shoot the puck. Never takes shifts or games off. Can play anywhere and with an edge. AV and his mentality of playing pussy defenseman is slowly killing this organization. The fact Graves isn't up here is a disgrace with the bumbling idiots on our defense. It also shows me that AV has no clue what he's doing anymore. I felt Graves made the team after camp. Sadly a lot of our fans bought into AV's stupid nonsense about skating too slow, moving the puck to slow, and all his other crap. All the Rangers defense does is move the puck super quick which leads to no thinking before moving the puck which leads to the countless turnovers they always cough up. I remember in the old days when Staal and Girardi would hold onto the puck forever in the corners. I used to yell at them. Now, I think that they knew what they were doing watching the rejects we currently have on defense because of AV's system.

When you come out of your detergent pod feasting delirium, try to to comprehend many so called experts making a living following the NHL questioned why the Rangers would draft Andersson where they did. Even you should be able to check the numerous scouting web site 2017 draft projections, and see how many had Middlestadt much higher in their rankings than Andersson. It’s not even close, Andersson is projected a second line center tops, some even third line tops. Absolutely none project him as top line material.
Whether you like it or not Casey Middlestadt is a projected number one center with elite playmaking skills. The Rangers who don’t have a number 1 center, could have had him. A Player with Middlestadts elite playmaking ability rarely falls in your lap where the Rangers were picking. I repeat for your benefit the Rangers could have had him, they chose your motor running Andersson instead of a guy with a higher projected ceiling. Even a math genius like you should be able to figure out the difference between a number one center and a number two or possibly even a number three center. But then again I shouldn’t be suprised you would be all puffed up about drafting a guy with Andersson’s projections over Middlestadts projections.
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... >
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software