Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NYR Trade Deadline Thread - EVERYBODY TRADED [OFFICIAL]
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... >
Now viewing page 3 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Fish
Posted 2018-02-08 3:42 PM (#695869 - in reply to #695867)
Subject: Re: NYR Trade Deadline Thread

Publisher

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-08 2:18 PM

Fukkkk Leetch. He dogged it many years after 1997 and held the organization up for ransom every contract. They owed him nothing. Our fan base had their eyes closed with Leetch the second half of his career. Stepan started doing the same thing. Thank God they got rid of him. I think McDonagh plays hard but it really makes no sense to keep him at his age and for what he can bring back in return.

Hockey is a team sport, and it ultimately doesn't matter if you have one or two very good players, if you don't have a good supporting cast around them. Those teams from 1997-98 season through 2003-04 were talent starved in most years, and accumulations of pieces that didn't work together in the latter. There was no salary cap if you recall, and the Rangers were spending like drunks, so saying Leetch held them to ransom is a bit inaccurate. There were no hold-outs, no threats, it was simply what the Rangers wanted to pay...and they could.

They gave 40 year old Messier million, and he was far more an issue than anything Leetch did...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-08 4:43 PM (#695874 - in reply to #695867)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-08 3:18 PM

Fukkkk Leetch. He dogged it many years after 1997 and held the organization up for ransom every contract. They owed him nothing. Our fan base had their eyes closed with Leetch the second half of his career. Stepan started doing the same thing. Thank God they got rid of him. I think McDonagh plays hard but it really makes no sense to keep him at his age and for what he can bring back in return.

You still on that?!? How many times have you posted this? If I only had a $1.

Fish, you are wasting your time trying to explain it. BTW, you are correct.

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2018-02-08 4:44 PM
Vua
Posted 2018-02-08 5:29 PM (#695876 - in reply to #695867)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-08 3:18 PM

I love how you accuse all these players of dogging it or being lazy. It doesn't cover up how little you know about hockey, it exposes it.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-02-08 5:44 PM (#695877 - in reply to #695393)

Scorer

Oh please. You people watch games with your eyes closed. Leetch was half assing it for years. Then the one time they got close to the playoffs he looked like he was 21 again and was tearing it up. You're just another dumb fukkkk in this fan base Vua. You suck off a guy because of one magical playoff run and ignore the rest of his career. Leetch sucked the after 1997. He was an overpaid, greedy bumb who didn't play all out. Don't ever compare your insignificant hockey knowledge to mine. Just another a-hole who does no research. Check the numbers dumbass. After 1997, Leetch had one great year. The rest of the time he sucked for the money he held us up for. Your the same stupid asshole who sucked off Renney. Then you sucked off Torts. You sucked AV as well. Not to mention for the last 12 years you thought all our prospects sucked. Basically, you're a moron.

Edited by itsmcilrathtime 2018-02-08 5:47 PM
robstones
Posted 2018-02-08 6:52 PM (#695879 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

Leetch, like McDonagh, lost his mojo when they named him captain.

Hopefully we can get more than

Maxim Kondratiev
Jarkko Immonen
Lauri Korpikoski
Mike Sauer and some no named 4th round pick

for McDonagh, but 5 for 1 is nice

Steady Eddie
Posted 2018-02-08 6:55 PM (#695880 - in reply to #695877)

MVP

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-08 7:44 PM

Oh please. You people watch games with your eyes closed. Leetch was half assing it for years. Then the one time they got close to the playoffs he looked like he was 21 again and was tearing it up. You're just another dumb fukkkk in this fan base Vua. You suck off a guy because of one magical playoff run and ignore the rest of his career. Leetch sucked the after 1997. He was an overpaid, greedy bumb who didn't play all out. Don't ever compare your insignificant hockey knowledge to mine. Just another a-hole who does no research. Check the numbers dumbass. After 1997, Leetch had one great year. The rest of the time he sucked for the money he held us up for. Your the same stupid asshole who sucked off Renney. Then you sucked off Torts. You sucked AV as well. Not to mention for the last 12 years you thought all our prospects sucked. Basically, you're a moron.

LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-08 7:50 PM (#695882 - in reply to #695877)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-08 5:44 PM

Blah blah blah
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-08 7:52 PM (#695883 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

Devils lose...so it's a good night!
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-08 7:53 PM (#695884 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

I posted a couple of weeks ago, this group's run is over. It as a good run of many years:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/the-rangers-are-entering-a-rebuil...
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-08 8:29 PM (#695885 - in reply to #695884)

All-Star

LeetchyMrRanger - 2018-02-08 6:53 PM

I posted a couple of weeks ago, this group's run is over. It as a good run of many years:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/the-rangers-are-entering-a-rebuil...

The trip down memory lane of 2 second round picks and Saarela for Eric Stall and now a 2nd and a 3rd for Smith is a bitter memory of picks squandered for bad pickups, in fairness to Eric Staal there was some mighty dumb coaching going on with him.
I’m starting to think Lundqvist will have, if he hasn’t already a meeting with Gorton and Sather and get the teams are interested in you. He will get a promise for a well deserved jersey retirement night, as they try to convince him to move. I’m thinking the pendulum is swinging in the direction of he will take the right move. He’s to proud a guy to put up with this crap.

Edited by Rranger 2018-02-08 8:31 PM
Vua
Posted 2018-02-09 5:45 AM (#695886 - in reply to #695877)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-08 5:44 PM

Hahahaha. Thanks. I like to start my morning with a laugh. I didn't post here when Renney coached the team and I never liked AV but whatever makes your day in the rubber room go faster is ok with me. Leetch's seasons skipping the one he was injured for starting in '97-98 season, 50 points 55 points 79 points 55 points 51 points. Well he had 2 seasons where he was injured in there actually and only played 50 games. He got 26 and 30 in those seasons. He was getting old, not half assing it. You're inability to understand athletes in general and hockey specifically lead you to poor conclusions. Since you have no idea, you just say they are lazy.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-09 7:56 AM (#695890 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

The only cup since 1940 & Big Lou in that series said it is not Messier that killed us, it is Leetch coming from the backend, we didn't have an answer & couldn't stop him. I think I'll go with Big Lou. He may know just a little more about hockey then let us say, itsmcilrathtime (or any of us here).

'97-'03 what Maloney referred to as the Abyss. A team of rental over-the-hill fill-in bums. Thanks for the laughs. And, anyway that was freaking 20 years ago. Who cares.

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2018-02-09 7:59 AM
Gravey09
Posted 2018-02-09 8:35 AM (#695893 - in reply to #695879)

All-Star

robstones - 2018-02-08 6:52 PM

Leetch, like McDonagh, lost his mojo when they named him captain.

Hopefully we can get more than

Maxim Kondratiev
Jarkko Immonen
Lauri Korpikoski
Mike Sauer and some no named 4th round pick

for McDonagh, but 5 for 1 is nice

If Sauer avoided Phaneuf and played out his career we may have been just fine with the trade. Korpikoski was OK. Kondratiev, cannot fully, recall was somewhat Ok. Think the player development during this time was non-existent. Not saying Korpedo or Kondraitev would have been stars but may have been contributors as bottom 6 and bottom 3 players. Along with Sauer surviving that would have been decent deal for Leetch at that point.
Kind of agree with the above Leetch criticism, his last years here were more reputation that current results. Although the entire Org was a complete dumpster fire.
May be delusional but think the Org is in much better shape at this point and the assets for sale have better value (at this point in time).
Hopefully Clark and crew are scouting NHL teams like a draft. Looking at each Orgs prospects and running the show like a draft board.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-09 8:41 AM (#695894 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

Also, Smith came here as a builder via draft from Detroit. Ok, he did what he had to do to win the cup, great. No one holds that against him. But, he kept gutting the team, the team future, set the team back for a decade. Leetch, Richter, Gravy were caught in all this in quick sand.
Gravey09
Posted 2018-02-09 9:09 AM (#695896 - in reply to #695894)

All-Star

LeetchyMrRanger - 2018-02-09 8:41 AM

Also, Smith came here as a builder via draft from Detroit. Ok, he did what he had to do to win the cup, great. No one holds that against him. But, he kept gutting the team, the team future, set the team back for a decade. Leetch, Richter, Gravy were caught in all this in quick sand.

Agreed. Smith caught lightening in a bottle then tripled-down. It destroyed the Org for a decade. The approach that we seem to be on verge of executing is correct and different that those years. Maybe a season late but we're here now. After getting smoked by Pens it was likely the time but we would have missed the joy last year of kicking the Habs in nutz!! .... well then we could have missed the sh$#!#$!show with Ottawa.
There are some assets to turnover the league is in tight races with new teams flush with prospects. Looks like last year's draft was good for us with the centers and the crawly kid. This year is supposedly a deep draft and we'll have maybe a top 10 and 2 2nd rounders and maybe pick some others. We may come out the darkness with a sound team of hungry youngsters !!!
Lord hope Snow and Co. drop the ball on Traveres. You watching JT ? .... instant Capt. of a potentially hungry young team with an arena!! Also maybe a goalie with a run or two left!
NTHockey
Posted 2018-02-09 10:07 AM (#695900 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

With all the talk of cleaning house and bringing in prospects and draft choices, the question becomes what will the Rangers look like after the deadline. As much as we'd like to believe, we won't be getting back players of equal talent. So who's going to replace the scoring? Who's going to be on defense? And does Henrik want to continue getting bombarded every game? He's been pulled from more games this year than ever. Will he want out?

The first trade will answer a lot of questions. If we get a bottom 6 player, a mid-level prospect and a 2nd round pick for Nash, then Henrik should be screaming to get out. Or he'll be like Gump Worsley when he was asked who was the toughest team to play against, he responded "the Rangers".
Rranger
Posted 2018-02-09 10:12 AM (#695901 - in reply to #695896)

All-Star

Gravey09 - 2018-02-09 8:09 AM

LeetchyMrRanger - 2018-02-09 8:41 AM

Agreed. Smith caught lightening in a bottle then tripled-down. It destroyed the Org for a decade. The approach that we seem to be on verge of executing is correct and different that those years. Maybe a season late but we're here now. After getting smoked by Pens it was likely the time but we would have missed the joy last year of kicking the Habs in nutz!! .... well then we could have missed the sh$#!#$!show with Ottawa.
There are some assets to turnover the league is in tight races with new teams flush with prospects. Looks like last year's draft was good for us with the centers and the crawly kid. This year is supposedly a deep draft and we'll have maybe a top 10 and 2 2nd rounders and maybe pick some others. We may come out the darkness with a sound team of hungry youngsters !!!
Lord hope Snow and Co. drop the ball on Traveres. You watching JT ? .... instant Capt. of a potentially hungry young team with an arena!! Also maybe a goalie with a run or two left!

I think the big swing and miss after last season was keeping the coach.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2018-02-09 10:36 AM (#695903 - in reply to #695393)

MVP

Doubt we get a first for Nash. Think about it. Would you give up a first for Nash?

itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-02-09 11:25 AM (#695904 - in reply to #695393)

Scorer

You laugh because you're stupid Vua and can't own up to anything. This board has been the same for 15 years. All our prospects sucked. Our coaches are great. Never made any mistakes judging whether players should be called up. Russian prospects are always valued more on this board. Other players from other teams that lose year after year are valued more than our players that have won countless playoff games. When in doubt, blame Lundqvist and ignore the non existent goal scoring. Never say anything negative about the core 94 players. Same crap, different year on this board. It never changes.

Edited by itsmcilrathtime 2018-02-09 11:34 AM
Steady Eddie
Posted 2018-02-09 11:55 AM (#695906 - in reply to #695393)

MVP

Yeah Vua, you’re just like all of us who have been on this board and have watched every game for the past 15 years. Obviously our own eyes have deceived us. We should all know better than to dispute our resident hockey guru. Too bad Dump was not our GM and coach, for if he was, Colby Genoway’s number could have been worthy of the rafters at MSG.

x10003q
Posted 2018-02-09 12:01 PM (#695907 - in reply to #695903)

MVP

Steady Eddie - 2018-02-09 12:36 PM

Doubt we get a first for Nash. Think about it. Would you give up a first for Nash?

The Rangers would.........
Mandar
Posted 2018-02-09 12:10 PM (#695908 - in reply to #695906)

MVP

Steady Eddie - 2018-02-09 1:55 PM

Yeah Vua, you’re just like all of us who have been on this board and have watched every game for the past 15 years. Obviously our own eyes have deceived us. We should all know better than to dispute our resident hockey guru. Too bad Dump was not our GM and coach, for if he was, Colby Genoway’s number could have been worthy of the rafters at MSG.

And what was that other guy he was fawning all over....Matt....Matt....oh yeah, Matt Fraser. Wanted him long term.....4 years.....
robstones
Posted 2018-02-09 12:33 PM (#695909 - in reply to #695903)

Legend

If I'm The Rangers?.... no....

If I'm Nashville or some team who thinks they are a solid winger away from a Cup? Absolutely.

Nash to Nashville could put them over the top, I think. McKenzie cites Hanzal's trade, and he's right. Nash should fetch that to the right team.

Ultimately I think they are going to trade up to a top 5 spot in this draft

I'd be ok with getting Filip Zadina to play with Filip Chytil.... or dare I say... Dahlin? Tkachyuk? There's some good looking players
Vua
Posted 2018-02-09 12:40 PM (#695910 - in reply to #695904)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-02-09 11:25 AM

You laugh because you're stupid Vua and can't own up to anything. This board has been the same for 15 years. All our prospects sucked. Our coaches are great. Never made any mistakes judging whether players should be called up. Russian prospects are always valued more on this board. Other players from other teams that lose year after year are valued more than our players that have won countless playoff games. When in doubt, blame Lundqvist and ignore the non existent goal scoring. Never say anything negative about the core 94 players. Same crap, different year on this board. It never changes.

And to think I had you on ignore once. I can't believe I was missing the comedic gold you provide on a daily basis. Go ahead and quote me on my Renney love and the Russian prospects I fawn over. Actually show me any prospect I ever did it for. Please show me when I killed Lundqvist. Show me even 1 of those. Come on genius.
sureshore
Posted 2018-02-09 1:03 PM (#695911 - in reply to #695909)

All-Star

robstones - 2018-02-09 2:33 PM

No need to trade up - they'll be in the draft lottery
Steady Eddie
Posted 2018-02-09 1:12 PM (#695912 - in reply to #695393)

MVP

23rd in the league standings and falling fast.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-02-09 1:35 PM (#695913 - in reply to #695393)

All-Star

May be not a bad thing to get into the Top 5 for a quick rebuild.
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-02-09 1:44 PM (#695914 - in reply to #695911)

Legend

sureshore - 2018-02-09 3:03 PM

You've forgotten that there is no guarantee they get a top five spot....draft positions are no longer determined by where they finish.
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-02-09 1:50 PM (#695915 - in reply to #695910)

Legend

Speaking of Renney, I've been meaning to ask something.

I seem to remember someone having a signature relating to Renney that said "No more gum chewing"...I believe it was done either near the end of his tenure or after he was terminated.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2018-02-09 2:00 PM (#695916 - in reply to #695914)

MVP

Mjolnir - 2018-02-09 3:44 PM

You've forgotten that there is no guarantee they get a top five spot....draft positions are no longer determined by where they finish.

True, but the lower you finish, the better your odds will be. Devils won with an 8.5% chance. Ranger luck, we'll land in the 15 spot.
31st 18 percent
30th - 12.5 percent
29th - 10.5 percent
28th - 9.5 percent
27th - 8.5 percent
26th - 7.6 percent
25th - 6.7 percent
24th - 5.8 percent
23rd - 5.4 percent
22nd - 4.5 percent
21st - 3.3 percent
20th - 2.7 percent
19th - 2.2 percent
18th - 1.8 percent
17th - 1 percent

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl

Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-02-09 2:16 PM (#695917 - in reply to #695909)

All-Star

robstones - 2018-02-09 12:33 PM

If I'm The Rangers?.... no....

If I'm Nashville or some team who thinks they are a solid winger away from a Cup? Absolutely.

Nash to Nashville could put them over the top, I think. McKenzie cites Hanzal's trade, and he's right. Nash should fetch that to the right team.

I'd be ok with getting Filip Zadina to play with Filip Chytil.... or dare I say... Dahlin? Tkachyuk? There's some good looking players

Very good point about Nashville, and Nash putting them over the edge
robstones
Posted 2018-02-09 2:58 PM (#695919 - in reply to #695916)

Legend

Steady Eddie - 2018-02-09 4:00 PM

Mjolnir - 2018-02-09 3:44 PM

True, but the lower you finish, the better your odds will be. Devils won with an 8.5% chance. Ranger luck, we'll land in the 15 spot.
31st 18 percent
30th - 12.5 percent
29th - 10.5 percent
28th - 9.5 percent
27th - 8.5 percent
26th - 7.6 percent
25th - 6.7 percent
24th - 5.8 percent
23rd - 5.4 percent
22nd - 4.5 percent
21st - 3.3 percent
20th - 2.7 percent
19th - 2.2 percent
18th - 1.8 percent
17th - 1 percent

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl

They'll be in the bottom 10 in the league. That may be high enough....

Hypothetically if they get a 1st for Nash and a 1st for Grabner....

So, say they end up with 8th overall naturally, then the 21st and 29th pick through trade....

They could keep those and have three 1st rounders, or flip the two later round picks and turn them into another top 10 maybe top 5 pick.... is what I would try for....

So then they pick 4th overall and 8th overall.... or whatever.... hypothetically
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-09 3:20 PM (#695924 - in reply to #695393)

Legend

Go get #1's for Nash, Grabs and Mac....then give them to the Oil for Connor Macdavid
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-02-09 3:21 PM (#695925 - in reply to #695924)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-02-09 3:20 PM

Go get #1's for Nash, Grabs and Mac....then give them to the Oil for Connor Macdavid

Love you man......But, that aint happening.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-02-09 3:23 PM (#695926 - in reply to #695925)

Legend

Rangerjunkie - 2018-02-09 5:21 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-02-09 3:20 PM

Love you man......But, that aint happening.

Lol lol lol lol....worth a shot.....The Oil payroll is going to be out of control next year
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... >
Now viewing page 3 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software