Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AV Fired Hoo Ray
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Now viewing page 4 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

NYR # 1
Posted 2018-04-11 4:50 AM (#703151 - in reply to #702896)
Subject: Re: AV Fired Hoo Ray

Rookie

I don't see that. Based on where we are and all that Gorton said I believe a young fresh face will be hired. Someone who has college/minors HC experience.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
robstones
Posted 2018-04-11 8:47 AM (#703157 - in reply to #702896)

Legend

I feel like one of these alumni are going to be on the coaching staff. Brian Leetch or Drury maybe
concust
Posted 2018-04-11 8:50 AM (#703158 - in reply to #703157)

Legend

robstones - 2018-04-11 9:47 AM

I feel like one of these alumni are going to be on the coaching staff. Brian Leetch or Drury maybe

Drury's too smart for the job and Leetch wouldn't want it.

DaTeL
Posted 2018-04-11 12:12 PM (#703160 - in reply to #702896)

Legend

I sort of have a gut feeling that Gorton will go for some young gun.
That's why he kept Ruff around - he'll be the mentor of sorts.
NTHockey
Posted 2018-04-11 12:27 PM (#703162 - in reply to #703149)

All-Star

Andy Bathgate - 2018-04-10 8:47 PM

"John Tortorella, Blue Jackets: Unlikely to become available, but if somehow he does if Columbus goes down early, Rangers could become interested in reunion."
https://nypost.com/2018/04/08/ten-candidates-who-could-become-ranger...

NNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Only if Sean Avery is his assistant, reporting directly to Gorton. The fireworks would be the price of admission.
concust
Posted 2018-04-11 2:20 PM (#703167 - in reply to #703160)

Legend

DaTeL - 2018-04-11 1:12 PM

A guy you don't want to coach your team, is the guy you want to mentor your young coach?

That makes zero sense to me.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-04-11 2:21 PM (#703168 - in reply to #702896)

All-Star

Ruff needs to go, the game has passed him by
DaTeL
Posted 2018-04-11 2:42 PM (#703169 - in reply to #703167)

Legend

concust - 2018-04-11 10:20 PM

DaTeL - 2018-04-11 1:12 PM

A guy you don't want to coach your team, is the guy you want to mentor your young coach?

That makes zero sense to me.

Not saying it makes complete sense to me.
Just seems like Gorton likes something about Ruff and wants him to stay.
Rranger
Posted 2018-04-11 5:46 PM (#703173 - in reply to #702896)

All-Star

I think it’s exactly like Gorton said. He’s going to interview the candidates and then circle back to Ruff. If no one seizes the job which Gorton also wants to happen, then make no mistake Ruff will be the coach. At this point he’s plan B, if the search Plan A doesn’t pan out. Not firing him keeps him away from other teams til Gorton gets his diligence done on other candidates. In essence in Gorton’s pecking order Ruff is the bar. But even if they did hire Ruff as head coach, it would likely be with a understanding they need him focused on developing young talent, all the while Gorton continues his search for a coach to take the team into contender status. And I certainly don’t think at this point Ruff is the guy for that, but as far as following a game plan and season plan developing the kids, he’d probably be fine for the next two seasons if need be. Better Ruff doing that than bringing a young gun coach in and have him fall on his face the next couple of years stinking up the development of the young players.
I am glad to see Gorton pursuing a coach with some adaptability and more well rounded in his ability to teach than the tunnel vision dope that’s thankfully gone. He just might not find him now. It might have to wait a year or two for the right candidate to be available. And it’s going to be the third year before this rebuild takes off, basically because the talent on defense is as bad as I’ve seen in a long long time and until Lindgren, Hajek, and future picks step up, the Rangers have one of the worst cores in the NHL. If Shattenkirk is not Bobby Orr next season the Rangers are going nowhere, because Skjei, Pionk, and Staal are taking them there. Nothing the matter with a teacher coach til the winner coach is found. I don’t even know if Ruff is the guy to be the teacher, but your soon going to know.
NYR # 1
Posted 2018-04-11 5:58 PM (#703174 - in reply to #702896)

Rookie

Personally I see zero chance Ruff is the coach. But Ruff is a good hockey man. Has had good success in his career as a coach...and he is not an AV guy. Spending one year as an assistant does not make him and AV guy (for all we know Gorton forced Ruff on AV).

To me the much more likely scenario is Gorton values Ruff's hockey knowledge. Thinks he has a lot to add. Wants to keep him around to get his perspective on things. Maybe he stays an assistant. Maybe he has some other role in the organization. That's how I read the situation. I would be absolutely shocked if Ruff was the head coach...shocked.

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-04-11 6:11 PM (#703175 - in reply to #702896)

Legend

Penguins not messing around tonight
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 6:39 PM (#703176 - in reply to #703175)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-04-11 8:11 PM

And yet Philly made the playoffs
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 6:42 PM (#703177 - in reply to #703173)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-04-11 7:46 PM

I think it’s exactly like Gorton said. He’s going to interview the candidates and then circle back to Ruff. If no one seizes the job which Gorton also wants to happen, then make no mistake Ruff will be the coach. At this point he’s plan B, if the search Plan A doesn’t pan out. Not firing him keeps him away from other teams til Gorton gets his diligence done on other candidates. In essence in Gorton’s pecking order Ruff is the bar. But even if they did hire Ruff as head coach, it would likely be with a understanding they need him focused on developing young talent, all the while Gorton continues his search for a coach to take the team into contender status. And I certainly don’t think at this point Ruff is the guy for that, but as far as following a game plan and season plan developing the kids, he’d probably be fine for the next two seasons if need be. Better Ruff doing that than bringing a young gun coach in and have him fall on his face the next couple of years stinking up the development of the young players.
I am glad to see Gorton pursuing a coach with some adaptability and more well rounded in his ability to teach than the tunnel vision dope that’s thankfully gone. He just might not find him now. It might have to wait a year or two for the right candidate to be available. And it’s going to be the third year before this rebuild takes off, basically because the talent on defense is as bad as I’ve seen in a long long time and until Lindgren, Hajek, and future picks step up, the Rangers have one of the worst cores in the NHL. If Shattenkirk is not Bobby Orr next season the Rangers are going nowhere, because Skjei, Pionk, and Staal are taking them there. Nothing the matter with a teacher coach til the winner coach is found. I don’t even know if Ruff is the guy to be the teacher, but your soon going to know.

I wonder how many pages each.
Rranger
Posted 2018-04-11 7:04 PM (#703178 - in reply to #703174)

All-Star

NYR # 1 - 2018-04-11 4:58 PM

Personally I see zero chance Ruff is the coach. But Ruff is a good hockey man. Has had good success in his career as a coach...and he is not an AV guy. Spending one year as an assistant does not make him and AV guy (for all we know Gorton forced Ruff on AV).

To me the much more likely scenario is Gorton values Ruff's hockey knowledge. Thinks he has a lot to add. Wants to keep him around to get his perspective on things. Maybe he stays an assistant. Maybe he has some other role in the organization. That's how I read the situation. I would be absolutely shocked if Ruff was the head coach...shocked.

At this point in Ruffs career he’s probably done with his one year experience as a Assistant coach. It says a lot about a guy with his experience taking the position I’m sure thinking he could learn from Vigneault and his style of play. He doesn’t need the money and wasn’t there to collect a paycheque, it was all about growing as a coach. Personally I see zero chance Ruff is still here because he agreed to stay on as a advisor or as a Assistant to who knows who. There is a good likelihood of a fair number of head coaching jobs coming up, alll of which Ruff would be on the interview list.
Pretty sure Ruff would be a lot more interested in pursuing one of them than being Gorton’s jo boy.
Time will tell, but me doubts Ruff would agree to stick around for anything less than becoming a head coach again. Basically the promise would be he will get a interview, and probably learn his fate in plenty of time to pursue other opportunities.
Rranger
Posted 2018-04-11 7:04 PM (#703179 - in reply to #703177)

All-Star

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 5:42 PM

Etche sketch.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-04-11 7:07 PM (#703180 - in reply to #703176)

Legend

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 8:39 PM

Yep...and they will be a quick out
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 7:13 PM (#703181 - in reply to #703179)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-04-11 9:04 PM

Etche sketch.
Aha this direction.
In a museum of natural history in New York City they have a show in planetarium You can watch the stars on the ceiling from a projector.This might be a good idea to go there before each game and see what the stars say.
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 7:13 PM (#703182 - in reply to #703180)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-04-11 9:07 PM

We are quicker.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-04-11 7:16 PM (#703183 - in reply to #703182)

Legend

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 9:13 PM

We are quicker.

Yep because we have Quickie
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 7:17 PM (#703184 - in reply to #703183)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-04-11 9:16 PM

We are quicker.

And looks.
Rranger
Posted 2018-04-11 7:18 PM (#703185 - in reply to #703181)

All-Star

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 6:13 PM

Etche sketch.
Aha this direction.
In a museum of natural history in New York City they have a show in planetarium You can watch the stars on the ceiling from a projector.This might be a good idea to go there before each game and see what the stars say.

Smoke a fattie first. :

Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 7:19 PM (#703186 - in reply to #703185)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-04-11 9:18 PM

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 6:13 PM

Etche sketch.
Aha this direction.

Smoke a fattie first. :

Friendly atmosphere guaranteed.
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 7:22 PM (#703187 - in reply to #702896)

Legend

We would have a Stanley Cup against LA if we had a players with balls but then you add a coach to it also without a pair the outcome was inevitable.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-04-11 7:23 PM (#703188 - in reply to #703184)

Legend

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 9:17 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-04-11 9:16 PM

We are quicker.

And looks.

Hahaha not no mo! the witch is dead!
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-04-11 7:23 PM (#703189 - in reply to #703187)

Legend

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 9:22 PM

We would have a Stanley Cup against LA if we had a players with balls but then you add a coach to it also without a pair the outcome was inevitable.

And a goalie that could stop the puck in the clutch
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 7:23 PM (#703190 - in reply to #702896)

Legend

Philadelphia goalie is still in the shower or had family emergency.
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 7:25 PM (#703191 - in reply to #703189)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-04-11 9:23 PM

Richter got lucky against Vancouver but Henke had no D in front of him.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-04-11 7:25 PM (#703192 - in reply to #703190)

Legend

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 9:23 PM

Philadelphia goalie is still in the shower or had family emergency.

Oh he had an emergency alright
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-04-11 7:26 PM (#703193 - in reply to #703191)

Legend

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 9:25 PM

Richter was a God that year....he got the job done......G6 in NJ was 5-0 in the 1st period if not for him
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-04-11 7:28 PM (#703194 - in reply to #702896)

Legend

Leetch, Beuk, Lowe, Zubov, Lidster wasnt all that either
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 7:29 PM (#703195 - in reply to #703193)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-04-11 9:26 PM

Richter was a God that year....he got the job done......G6 in NJ was 5-0 in the 1st period if not for him
Yes.
I specifically meant game 7 against Trevor Linden & Co.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-04-11 7:30 PM (#703196 - in reply to #703195)

Legend

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 9:29 PM

Yes.

Yep we were out of gas and held on for dear life
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 7:31 PM (#703197 - in reply to #702896)

Legend

Tomorrow NYR against Albany rats
Blue404
Posted 2018-04-11 7:34 PM (#703198 - in reply to #703196)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-04-11 9:30 PM

Blue404 - 2018-04-11 9:29 PM

Yes.

Yep we were out of gas and held on for dear life
Against LA we were out of gas after 2 games.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-04-11 7:36 PM (#703200 - in reply to #703197)

Legend

2 games we should of won....2 goal leads blown and last minute breakaways in the 3rd period of both games and didn’t score
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Now viewing page 4 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software