Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Summer Thread: Trades - Entry Draft - Free Agent Signings
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... >
Now viewing page 15 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mjolnir
Posted 2018-07-05 7:03 AM (#707800 - in reply to #707799)
Subject: Re: Summer Thread: Trades - Entry Draft - Free Agent Signings

Legend

Which is why, as I stated above, I believe half of them will be gone after next season (if not before).
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mcphee
Posted 2018-07-05 7:14 AM (#707801 - in reply to #707800)

Rookie

Keep preaching brother.I'm onboard with it.
Rranger
Posted 2018-07-05 8:26 AM (#707803 - in reply to #707791)

MVP

robstones - 2018-07-04 2:09 PM

Right now, I have our bottom 6 as

Spooner Andersson Meskanen (or Lettieri... or someone else who earns it in camp)
Vesey Hayes Fast

I suppose Martin or one of these goons you want could be plugged in to one of those wing spots, but to say Howden could play also is a stretch at best.

Meskanen or Lettieri lol. Get real. The Rangers are so lucky you have the lines all figured out. I'm sure Gorton will be calling you for them. Rob learn to read and comprehend. Howden could play is in response to if Martin is on the team it doesn't mean Howden can't be. That's all doesn't say he will, just he still can be. read slow and comprehend.
Rranger
Posted 2018-07-05 8:28 AM (#707804 - in reply to #707793)

MVP

Mjolnir - 2018-07-04 2:19 PM

Rranger - 2018-07-04 5:02 PM

And they have who with a sack? NOBODY !!!! It was a huge problem last year. Playing more than one kid on the fourth is another disaster in waiting. They need to move some easy to play against professional fourth liners guys out and get some guys not so easy to play against in.
So what if there's one player "with a sack"???? What does it accomplish? Absolutely nothing....we saw it when they tried to goon it up Cashmere, Boogaard, etc.. We saw it again with the likes of McLeod and Tan-Tan. You don't need ONE guy "with a sack" -- you need A TEAM "with a sack". Until that happens, all the Martins in the world will be useless.

Nice speech of course you need team toughness, and you need a leader or two in that department.
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-07-05 8:29 AM (#707805 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

Leaders play more than 5 minutes a game.
Rranger
Posted 2018-07-05 8:33 AM (#707806 - in reply to #707805)

MVP

Mjolnir - 2018-07-05 7:29 AM

Leaders play more than 5 minutes a game.

Leaders in the physical and energy department play the appropriate minutes.
Rranger
Posted 2018-07-05 8:38 AM (#707807 - in reply to #707794)

MVP

Mcphee - 2018-07-04 6:24 PM

robstones - 2018-07-04 5:12 PM

I'm with MJ on this one. It's about team toughness, not one guy. Hopefully Quinn pushes the idea of sticking up for one another, and playing a tough brand.
Wonderful concept of team toughness.Besides Kreider please list 5 other guys on this team expected to play this year,that help in this area.I can't think of 1.With the possible exception of Miller,they did nothing to address it at the draft this year.If they keep picking 80% Euros it will never happen.

Yup go down the roster, Quinn is going to come in wave his sherwood hockey stick and leopards are going to change their spots. The Rangers are about as weak as they have ever been. Quinn has a huge job to do with the status quo roster.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-07-05 9:13 AM (#707808 - in reply to #706448)

All-Star

During the playoffs this year when Wilson came back after his 4 game suspension, Keith Jones stated that everyone on Washington just grew 2 inches and gained 10-15 pounds. Because thats what having a physical guy like Wilson on your team does. It makes everyone a little more physical and a little tougher to play against....Just try to think of ONE goaltender that gets run into more than Hank....We've had no one willing to make the other team pay for it and it just continued and continued, game after game, period after period.

Maybe that's something to think about in this debate.
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-07-05 9:19 AM (#707809 - in reply to #707808)

Legend

No one is discounting that, RJ...what we don't know is who is capable of growing and gaining, as you put it. And most of the suggestions here only address one particular segment of the overall problem. We've had "leaders" (I still shiver thinking about Shanny taking on Cashmere); we've had physical d-men (Stralman, Klein) who were neutered by that fool. If I were a Ranger, I'd be ashamed to see someone like Zucc play like he's got RedBull in his veins and he's half my size.

I still say it starts with simple, basic fundamentals....You can't throw simple body check, you're useless....This is what management is going to find out this year.

For what it's worth, Rangers haven't been a fundamentally sound team in decades....

Edited by Mjolnir 2018-07-05 9:24 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-05 9:25 AM (#707810 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

Gilmour, Pionk, TD, Staal, Skjei, Shatt, scare absolutely nobody...We have Belesekey thats it
Mandar
Posted 2018-07-05 9:47 AM (#707812 - in reply to #707809)

MVP

Mjolnir - 2018-07-05 11:19 AM

No one is discounting that, RJ...what we don't know is who is capable of growing and gaining, as you put it. And most of the suggestions here only address one particular segment of the overall problem. We've had "leaders" (I still shiver thinking about Shanny taking on Cashmere); we've had physical d-men (Stralman, Klein) who were neutered by that fool. If I were a Ranger, I'd be ashamed to see someone like Zucc play like he's got RedBull in his veins and he's half my size.

I still say it starts with simple, basic fundamentals....You can't throw simple body check, you're useless....This is what management is going to find out this year.

For what it's worth, Rangers haven't been a fundamentally sound team in decades....

This is very true.

Everyone is now loving to talk about the one tough guy that the Caps have (Wilson), but what made them tough to play against was the nature of playing a great balance of physical and finesse.

Somehow, the Pens won 2 straight cups without any semblance of a "Wilson"....but they played a team toughness game (not a fighting game, but a team that took the body, was hard on the forecheck, and worked their asses off). This is what we should want.

The little "experts" will list our defenseman, and somehow see some sort of value in Beleskey (lol), then whine about how no one is afraid of them.

But hey, we didn't trade for Martin, so they are all doomed.
Rranger
Posted 2018-07-05 9:51 AM (#707813 - in reply to #707810)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2018-07-05 8:25 AM

Gilmour, Pionk, TD, Staal, Skjei, Shatt, scare absolutely nobody...We have Belesekey thats it

Fast, Buchnevich, Zibanejad, Hayes, don’t exactly make anybody look to see where they are either. What’s being brought up here is the Rangers are soft as jello. The Rangers have no players with the exception of Zuccarello who’s shown the disposition to go out and initiate much of anything in the physical play department. As in body contact and driving to hard places on the ice to play. Quinn has to establish a game plan that includes how they are going to inorporate physical play into the game plan. It has to be part of it. Retaliation isn’t just punching someone in the nose like Rob is so worried about. It’s about winning puck battles after losing one, and winning physical battles after losing one. It’s about not quitting because the other team is making it tough out there. You know like the Rangers did under dumbo. Punching someone in the nose is just a bonus if they get out of line. Makes your team feel better. They don’t stand on the bench banging their sticks on the boards because they don’t like it. It gives them energy, they like it. Nothing the matter with a Martin on your fourth line over mutts that run and hide when the game gets tough.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-05 9:59 AM (#707814 - in reply to #707813)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-07-05 11:51 AM

Fast, Buchnevich, Zibanejad, Hayes, don’t exactly make anybody look to see where they are either. What’s being brought up here is the Rangers are soft as jello. The Rangers have no players with the exception of Zuccarello who’s shown the disposition to go out and initiate much of anything in the physical play department. As in body contact and driving to hard places on the ice to play. Quinn has to establish a game plan that includes how they are going to inorporate physical play into the game plan. It has to be part of it. Retaliation isn’t just punching someone in the nose like Rob is so worried about. It’s about winning puck battles after losing one, and winning physical battles after losing one. It’s about not quitting because the other team is making it tough out there. You know like the Rangers did under dumbo. Punching someone in the nose is just a bonus if they get out of line. Makes your team feel better. They don’t stand on the bench banging their sticks on the boards because they don’t like it. It gives them energy, they like it. Nothing the matter with a Martin on your fourth line over mutts that run and hide when the game gets tough.

yep ...pudding soft....too many establishment forum members that dont post their own thoughts EASILY forget that our team has no push back players on it.....Pittsburgh did
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-07-05 10:11 AM (#707815 - in reply to #707813)

Legend

I won't debate Dumbo's "strategies" -- I still cringe when I recall players shying away from a simple body check because HE thought it was essential you didn't hit people because you might take penalties or because a wrong move got you pinned to the bench for long stretches at a time. I think a good portion of this teams performance over the last years was a direct result of his pansy play philosophy.

Now, I could be wrong about this roster, but I'm willing to give them a chance to prove me wrong.

You're saying pretty much the exact same things I'm saying -- and what you've described is fundamental hockey. I believe Quinn will attempt to establish just such a game plan.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-07-05 12:58 PM (#707816 - in reply to #707814)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-07-05 9:59 AM

yep ...pudding soft....too many establishment forum members that dont post their own thoughts EASILY forget that our team has no push back players on it.....Pittsburgh did

Yeah!!!

Orpik, Kunitz, Neal they never had a fight in their lives!!

I have to read more I guess!
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-05 1:08 PM (#707817 - in reply to #707816)

Legend

Rangerjunkie - 2018-07-05 2:58 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-07-05 9:59 AM

Yeah!!!

Orpik, Kunitz, Neal they never had a fight in their lives!!

I have to read more I guess!

Lol yep EASILY you have to read more...Even Crosby will punch a guy back
sk4life40
Posted 2018-07-05 6:04 PM (#707818 - in reply to #706448)

All-Star

So we r gonna take callahan back from tb to let them trade for karlson. So smart.
Go NYR
Posted 2018-07-05 6:23 PM (#707819 - in reply to #706448)

Rookie

To do that we better get a good sweetener from TB. We get an advantage if they win the cup since we'd get their 1st rounder in the 2019 draft, but that is not enough. We'd need to be 100% sure that Cally's 5.8 mill cap hit doesn't hinder us next summer/season (it isn't an issue this season). And we also need to be mindful that we'll have to go through TB for a few years as we get good, so helping them stock up might not be ideal.

I'd also add, I guess Karlsson is taking a no state income tax in Florida big discount. If you look at the cap hits on that team it is a huge edge. Hedman, Stamkos, McDonagh all took less. They get a huge edge down there, and credit to Stevie Y for playing that to his advantage,

Rranger
Posted 2018-07-05 6:23 PM (#707820 - in reply to #707818)

MVP

sk4life40 - 2018-07-05 5:04 PM

So we r gonna take callahan back from tb to let them trade for karlson. So smart.

I’ve seen the stories and am following this one. It better be a significant perk to suck up Callahan’s last two years. Anyone who thinks he would come back and sustain a style like before he was traded will be dissapointed. Make no mistake his tank is just about empty.

Edited by Rranger 2018-07-05 6:39 PM
bigJDub
Posted 2018-07-05 7:25 PM (#707821 - in reply to #706448)

Regular

This is the guy that broke the rumor

@RumorBreak
Am hearing the stall between completing the deal between TBL and OTT is an extension other than that I am hearing there is a verbal agreement on a trade that would send Erik Karlsson to the Lightning.
6:17 PM · Jul 5, 2018

RumorBreak
Keep hearing Rangers are in fact involved, if they pull out last second... Yzerman has to find a new 3rd team to take on salary, obviously with key pieces going to the respective team.
6:21 PM · Jul 5, 2018
Go NYR
Posted 2018-07-05 7:57 PM (#707822 - in reply to #706448)

Rookie

Yes, Cally's tank just about empty AND he will miss 2 months of this season (if not more) AND we will be giving TB a ridiculous team to try and win a cup (good for this coming season since we'll suck and TB winning means we get their 1st).

We need to realize after this coming season we'll have to contend with TB AND Cally's 5.8 cap hit better not hinder us at all next summer AND we better get a very good piece to help facilitate this. Otherwise I will start to really wonder if Gorton is Y's bi*ch.

robstones
Posted 2018-07-05 8:12 PM (#707823 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

If Tampa is getting Karlsson, one of their RHD has to go somewhere, so maybe we get 1 year of Anton Stralman and Ryan Callahan for 2 years.... a combined salary of 10.3 million, which is about what Karlsson would sign for... he wants 11, right?
bigJDub
Posted 2018-07-05 8:20 PM (#707824 - in reply to #706448)

Regular

Shawn Simpson
@TSNSimmer
My NHL sources tell me a Karlsson deal to Tampa is done, pending a call with the league office. @TSN1200
Go NYR
Posted 2018-07-05 8:47 PM (#707825 - in reply to #706448)

Rookie

If Gorton facilitated this for almost nothing and took awful Cally contract I will be pissed. We better get a solid asset here.

Edited by Go NYR 2018-07-05 8:49 PM
robstones
Posted 2018-07-05 8:47 PM (#707826 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

If Tampa wins The Cup, they should give The Conn Smythe to Gorton
Go NYR
Posted 2018-07-05 8:49 PM (#707827 - in reply to #706448)

Rookie

Yes...LOL. And if we got a whatever asset we should fire Gorton and let him go work for TB (if he isn't already on their payroll).

bigJDub
Posted 2018-07-05 9:01 PM (#707828 - in reply to #706448)

Regular

Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
·
19m
This may be the correct take. We'll see.
Lightning Insider
@Erik_Erlendsson
No confirmation on the report out of Ottawa that a deal is done pending a trade call and while sense is this might be getting close, it's sounds like it's not to that point yet
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-06 7:11 AM (#707831 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

This could be interesting...Lets see Gorton botch another one
Rranger
Posted 2018-07-06 7:21 AM (#707832 - in reply to #707831)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2018-07-06 6:11 AM

Yes pick up a 5.8 contract as a favour, and receiving a perk to do so, all the while the bearer of the 5.8 contract will suckup a roster spot while playing with a banged up body, his better and healthier days clearly behind him. Loved him as a Ranger but its over. Would have rather had Martin, who would have done anything Callahan will do now, probably better. Better be good cheese coming on this deal.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-06 7:27 AM (#707833 - in reply to #707832)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-07-06 9:21 AM

Mikey Red - 2018-07-06 6:11 AM

Yes pick up a 5.8 contract as a favour, and receiving a perk to do so, all the while the bearer of the 5.8 contract will suckup a roster spot while playing with a banged up body, his better and healthier days clearly behind him. Loved him as a Ranger but its over. Would have rather had Martin, who would have done anything Callahan will do now, probably better. Better be good cheese coming on this deal.

Absolutely...I want Cally and a good non Euro kid if we are doing it
bigJDub
Posted 2018-07-06 7:41 AM (#707834 - in reply to #706448)

Regular

David Pagnotta
@TheFourthPeriod
For all the talk of the NYR possibly being the 3rd team in the OTT/TB potential trade, I'm told the Devils have also been in the mix and may possibly be the 3rd team when all is said and done. Not set in stone, but NJ has been involved in these talks.
9:20 PM - Jul 5, 2018

Tweet from late last night
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-07-06 8:19 AM (#707835 - in reply to #707834)

Legend

bigJDub - 2018-07-06 9:41 AM

David Pagnotta
@TheFourthPeriod
For all the talk of the NYR possibly being the 3rd team in the OTT/TB potential trade, I'm told the Devils have also been in the mix and may possibly be the 3rd team when all is said and done. Not set in stone, but NJ has been involved in these talks.

Good....don't want Rangers involved in this nonsense.
concust
Posted 2018-07-06 9:00 AM (#707836 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

I'll gladly take a free asset in return for Dolan writing some checks. Not wanting to be involved in that makes no sense. Rangers have a valuable asset next year - cap space - that they should definitely use in order to get something else of value, whether it's this trade or another (there are plenty of bad contracts that opposing GMs want to shed). If you don't use the cap space you're just wasting it.

Vua
Posted 2018-07-06 9:08 AM (#707837 - in reply to #707835)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2018-07-06 8:19 AM

bigJDub - 2018-07-06 9:41 AM

David Pagnotta
@TheFourthPeriod

Good....don't want Rangers involved in this nonsense.

Why not? Assets for using Ranger cap space for a couple years. It's what they should be doing. As long as Dolan is willing to foot the bill who cares.
Rranger
Posted 2018-07-06 9:36 AM (#707838 - in reply to #706448)

MVP

It would be stupid to not take advantage of a asset in cap space. As long as it is to the Rangers advantage, and Gorton does his homework it’s win win. Basically should result in addition by no relavent cost.
Jump to page : < ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... >
Now viewing page 15 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software