Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Signing
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-14 7:14 PM (#708122 - in reply to #708121)
Subject: Re: Big Signing

Legend

robstones - 2018-07-14 8:29 PM

Rob O'Gara signed now too? Fire JG

hahahaha ...Let Big Rob learn more down in Hartford...maybe he can get better and be a pro D man
Top of the page Bottom of the page
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-07-15 6:28 AM (#708123 - in reply to #708031)

Scorer

Yeah, fire the GM that acquired 3 talented defenseman and one center at the deadline and put together 5 first rounders the past 2 years. Gimme a break.
robstones
Posted 2018-07-15 10:38 AM (#708124 - in reply to #708123)

Legend

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-07-15 8:28 AM

Yeah, fire the GM that acquired 3 talented defenseman and one center at the deadline and put together 5 first rounders the past 2 years. Gimme a break.

5 first rounders, which translated to good looking players.

A hardworking all situations center who can score
A skilled top 6 playmaking center with size
A potentially elite level winger with size
A big athletic defenseman with elite upside
And a skilled puck moving yet defensively responsible defensman

In one year we aquired 3 centers 5 defensemen and the winger who may be better than all of them, all of which seem like they can be in the NHL 2 years time, and probably considered core members of the team.

We say Chytil as the #1 this year would be a disaster, but there's a good reason to bet that it won't be such a crazy idea soon. The kid is good!
Andersson and Howden could absolutely be competing for ice as a solid 2nd and 3rd line centers... good ones.... Howden reminds me of Stepan, but a little bigger.

The D picks and prospects are great, too. I'm not sure how any fan can look at this prospect pool, and be anything but excited.

I always go to a preseason game, pretty excited about it this year
sureshore
Posted 2018-07-16 10:06 AM (#708137 - in reply to #708094)

All-Star

Fish - 2018-07-13 3:30 PM

McLeod is a real 4th liner...not like he's going to take more than 8-10 minutes a night of playing time away from anyone, not like a kid is going to benefit much from the time he's consuming...

It's not the 8-10 minutes he'll take away from 1 player. It's also how much he brings down the game of the other 2 who play on a line with him. Same thing as when Glass dragged down the play of some skilled young player under the great and wonderful "AV(s)"
Steady Eddie
Posted 2018-07-16 11:30 AM (#708138 - in reply to #708124)

MVP

robstones - 2018-07-15 12:38 PM

In one year we aquired 3 centers 5 defensemen and the winger who may be better than all of them, all of which seem like they can be in the NHL 2 years time, and probably considered core members of the team.

We say Chytil as the #1 this year would be a disaster, but there's a good reason to bet that it won't be such a crazy idea soon. The kid is good!
Andersson and Howden could absolutely be competing for ice as a solid 2nd and 3rd line centers... good ones.... Howden reminds me of Stepan, but a little bigger.

The D picks and prospects are great, too. I'm not sure how any fan can look at this prospect pool, and be anything but excited.

Agreed, but only time will tell. Not expecting anything out of this team this year. Already thinking TANK.

Rranger
Posted 2018-07-17 8:58 AM (#708149 - in reply to #708138)

MVP

Steady Eddie - 2018-07-16 10:30 AM

robstones - 2018-07-15 12:38 PM

Agreed, but only time will tell. Not expecting anything out of this team this year. Already thinking TANK.

Gorton has a vision and a plan (I Hope) of what he's doing, and he's now looking three years down the road in his mind at pieces he expects in the lineup, and to me it was evident at the trade deadline he recognized the team needed some defensive prospects with a above average chance of making the Rangers soon, acquiring Hajek, Lindgren and Rykov. Adding Howden to Chytil and Andersson, shows smarts continuing to build down the middle. He knows he has a goalie on his way out and is fortunate to have Shestyorkin in the hole. Drafted potential high upside winger Kratsov, and equally high upside dman Miller and another solid prospect in Lundkvist this year.
Well done Jeff, there is plenty of time to flame you if they don't work out.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-17 7:49 PM (#708174 - in reply to #708031)

Legend

https://nypost.com/2018/07/14/history-shows-rangers-may-have-wrong-m...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software