Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New York Rangers trade chips
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-12-06 12:28 PM (#715887 - in reply to #715840)
Subject: Re: New York Rangers trade chips

Legend

R this is the same guy that says Fast is the best player on the team
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rranger
Posted 2018-12-06 12:35 PM (#715888 - in reply to #715880)

MVP

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-12-06 9:52 AM

Your strategy sucks ass. If Shesterkin makes the team next year which is highly likely, then Georgiev will lose all his value around the league and he will be worthless. Halverson should be playing almost every game in the AHL so by miracle if Shesterkin doesn't make the team, he can be the backup for a little while. Georgiev has shown no high level skill in any area. He stops the pucks he is supposed to. They would be morons not to use him for what they can get at the deadline. As I stated before, he would be an ideal guy to use to dump Smith or Staal with.

Your constant reference to sucking ass suggest a area of familiarity for your self, and you being the giving type it’s easy to guess which end you’d be on. And of course once the Rangers trade Georgiev then they could bring up Halverson.

Edited by Rranger 2018-12-06 12:39 PM
Rranger
Posted 2018-12-06 12:40 PM (#715889 - in reply to #715887)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2018-12-06 11:28 AM

R this is the same guy that says Fast is the best player on the team

Yes and a rather lengthy list of ones who should be on the Rangers but never seem to make it.
robstones
Posted 2018-12-06 7:53 PM (#715890 - in reply to #715877)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-12-06 12:13 PM

robstones - 2018-12-06 7:38 AM

He's not within league average.... his stats are top 3-4 in the league

31 year old Lars Johansson is tops in both gaa and sv%.... after him, Shestyorkin (22 years old) and Jacob Kovar (30 years old) are the only other goalies in the top 5 in each stat

He's one of the best goalies in the 2nd best league in the world, and the best goalie prospect playing in Russia. End of story

And Magnus Hellberg who was a plug has as good as or better stats on the same team. no one is saying the kid can't play my points about the Rangers covering their ass by hanging onto a still undetermined ceiling for a prospect like Georgiev, who's value could significantly improve the longer the Rangers nurture him. When Shestorkin gets here and proves his worth then hand him the keys not before. End of story.

I don't think anyone's called Shestyorkin any more than what he is... a prospect.... but he's the best prospect goalie in Russia right now, That's what he is. Does that mean anything is handed to him when he gets to NA? Absolutely not... No one gets handed anything.

But that's exactly why drafting another goalie this year wasn't a bad move at all. You don't put all of your eggs in one basket!
Rranger
Posted 2018-12-07 7:33 AM (#715895 - in reply to #715890)

MVP

robstones - 2018-12-06 6:53 PM

31 year old Lars Johansson is tops in both gaa and sv%.... after him, Shestyorkin (22 years old) and Jacob Kovar (30 years old) are the only other goalies in the top 5 in each stat

He's one of the best goalies in the 2nd best league in the world, and the best goalie prospect playing in Russia. End of story

And Magnus Hellberg who was a plug has as good as or better stats on the same team. no one is saying the kid can't play my points about the Rangers covering their ass by hanging onto a still undetermined ceiling for a prospect like Georgiev, who's value could significantly improve the longer the Rangers nurture him. When Shestorkin gets here and proves his worth then hand him the keys not before. End of story.

I don't think anyone's called Shestyorkin any more than what he is... a prospect.... but he's the best prospect goalie in Russia right now, That's what he is. Does that mean anything is handed to him when he gets to NA? Absolutely not... No one gets handed anything.

But that's exactly why drafting another goalie this year wasn't a bad move at all. You don't put all of your eggs in one basket!

We agree and to my point before dumping Georgiev know for certain what you have in Shestorkin.
Vua
Posted 2018-12-07 12:17 PM (#715897 - in reply to #715890)

All-Star

robstones - 2018-12-06 7:53 PM

Drafting another goalie was not a bad move. Drafting him in the 2nd round when you probably could have had him in the 5th round wasn't the best use of your picks.
concust
Posted 2018-12-07 3:15 PM (#715899 - in reply to #715886)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-12-06 1:17 PM

concust - 2018-12-06 9:57 AM

Rranger - 2018-12-05 6:42 PM

There is a lot of smoke blown about Shestorkin, which is fine but when you compare his numbers to other KHL goalies they are similar. Very much within the league average. So it’s not like he’s tearing up the KHL or anything. So until he gets over here and tears it up, I wouldn’t be dumping Georgiev anytime soon. If Georgiev shows Some consistency but still hasn’t answered his ceiling question this year, the Rangers would be crazy to move him just yet. At least wait til after next seasons training camp, to assess Shestorkin and Henreks New York or bust views.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/khl/stats/2018-2019

The smoke is not due only to his numbers, but the age at which he's putting them up. The other NHL wunderkind playing for the KHL is Sorokin, Isles property, and is similarly hyped. I completely agree about waiting and seeing what he does here - but remember, you were similarly skeptical about signing Georgiev based on what he accomplished in Europe.

Will be interesting to watch if both russian goalies come over (speculation is NA for both after their KHL seasons are done) and have a cross-town rivalry in goal.

Just as I remember you and rob incessantly blowing how valuable it was Lias was playing in Sweden last year, until of course the Rangers got him out of there. Georgiev is still far from any kind of confirmed player, and my skepticism was not to appoint him the best Ranger goalie upon signing. let him come over and prove it which he did. I don't base a players current success like some, based on what they did before they got here, but rather what they do AFTER they get here. When Shestorokin comes over and does it then ya hes a keeper. Success in the KHL does not guarantee success over here. His numbers are good like many others before him that never panned out.
Trading Georgiev before Shestorkin even gets here would be stupid.

To be honest I am one of the most measured and conservative posters around here when it comes to grading prospects. I know most of them won't work out, and the vast majority that will, will end up being middle and bottom 6 talent. I certainly never said Georgiev was the best ranger goalie upon signing. Not even close. He played well, signed a contract, showed he earned it. Even now, he's just a prospect. Shestorkin is the same. I'm not dump saying that everyone else sucks ass and that Shestorkin is going to make the team next year. In fact I think it would be dumb if he did, sitting on the bench for 60 games a year. He's a great goalie prospect, one of the best NHL prospects in the KHL. I'd say he's arguably top 5 in the league.

As for trading Georgiev before Shestorykin arrives - it's probably not a good idea unless someone blows your socks off with a trade. But for an unproven young backup goalie you're not going to get much at all. Still if you need to make the deal from a roster standpoint, it's not a huge risk because Georgiev does not have elite level upside, and, backup goalies are a commodity item.
Rranger
Posted 2018-12-07 4:08 PM (#715902 - in reply to #715899)

MVP

concust - 2018-12-07 2:15 PM

Rranger - 2018-12-06 1:17 PM

concust - 2018-12-06 9:57 AM

Rranger - 2018-12-05 6:42 PM

There is a lot of smoke blown about Shestorkin, which is fine but when you compare his numbers to other KHL goalies they are similar. Very much within the league average. So it’s not like he’s tearing up the KHL or anything. So until he gets over here and tears it up, I wouldn’t be dumping Georgiev anytime soon. If Georgiev shows Some consistency but still hasn’t answered his ceiling question this year, the Rangers would be crazy to move him just yet. At least wait til after next seasons training camp, to assess Shestorkin and Henreks New York or bust views.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/khl/stats/2018-2019

The smoke is not due only to his numbers, but the age at which he's putting them up. The other NHL wunderkind playing for the KHL is Sorokin, Isles property, and is similarly hyped. I completely agree about waiting and seeing what he does here - but remember, you were similarly skeptical about signing Georgiev based on what he accomplished in Europe.

Will be interesting to watch if both russian goalies come over (speculation is NA for both after their KHL seasons are done) and have a cross-town rivalry in goal.

Just as I remember you and rob incessantly blowing how valuable it was Lias was playing in Sweden last year, until of course the Rangers got him out of there. Georgiev is still far from any kind of confirmed player, and my skepticism was not to appoint him the best Ranger goalie upon signing. let him come over and prove it which he did. I don't base a players current success like some, based on what they did before they got here, but rather what they do AFTER they get here. When Shestorokin comes over and does it then ya hes a keeper. Success in the KHL does not guarantee success over here. His numbers are good like many others before him that never panned out.
Trading Georgiev before Shestorkin even gets here would be stupid.

To be honest I am one of the most measured and conservative posters around here when it comes to grading prospects. I know most of them won't work out, and the vast majority that will, will end up being middle and bottom 6 talent. I certainly never said Georgiev was the best ranger goalie upon signing. Not even close. He played well, signed a contract, showed he earned it. Even now, he's just a prospect. Shestorkin is the same. I'm not dump saying that everyone else sucks ass and that Shestorkin is going to make the team next year. In fact I think it would be dumb if he did, sitting on the bench for 60 games a year. He's a great goalie prospect, one of the best NHL prospects in the KHL. I'd say he's arguably top 5 in the league.

As for trading Georgiev before Shestorykin arrives - it's probably not a good idea unless someone blows your socks off with a trade. But for an unproven young backup goalie you're not going to get much at all. Still if you need to make the deal from a roster standpoint, it's not a huge risk because Georgiev does not have elite level upside, and, backup goalies are a commodity item.

Shestorkin is a tantalizing prospect, and the end of Lindqvist’s contract probably will become a issue if Shestorkin performs as most expect, becoming the goalie in waiting on the bench watching Lundqvist play out the string. I have little doubt it will become a issue if Lundqvist plays the contract out to the end and assuming the Russian is as advertised. I think at some time there will a “ Henrek your kind of in the way of the plan here” conversation, “ where do you want to go”
My deal with Georgiev is there is some serious potential with him also and he has had some good moments and some inconsistency but all in all an intriguing prospect. It’s one thing to trade him over the summer when you have checked back in with Lundqvist on his plans, and have Shestorkin under contract and a backup plan if Shestorokin has a bad camp and isn’t ready to go. I don’t see Georgiev having any kind of significant trade value yet and if he doesn’t light it up this season the value making it worth moving him, probably won’t be there. Having Georgiev around til after training camp would be prudent and a sound business plan, undoubtably why dump doesn’t like it. Trading him while the season is on without a quality NHL backup goalie around to replace him would be asinine.

Edited by Rranger 2018-12-07 6:16 PM
robstones
Posted 2018-12-07 7:17 PM (#715903 - in reply to #715897)

Legend

Vua - 2018-12-07 2:17 PM

robstones - 2018-12-06 7:53 PM

Drafting another goalie was not a bad move. Drafting him in the 2nd round when you probably could have had him in the 5th round wasn't the best use of your picks.

That's speculative. It's all a crap shoot, right? If he pans out, they're genius.... until then, they're all idiots no matter what, and everyone should be fired, starting with Gordie haha

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software