Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Game 33: Anaheim Ducks @ New York Rangers 12/18/18 - 7pm - MSG
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

concust
Posted 2018-12-19 12:55 PM (#716603 - in reply to #716599)
Subject: Re: Game 33: Anaheim Ducks @ New York Rangers 12/18/18 - 7pm - MSG

Legend

Rranger - 2018-12-19 9:50 AM

Mikey Red - 2018-12-19 7:43 AM

Looking at the upcoming schedule....VERY chaotic ....a ton of every other nights...Basically now to the end of the season is back to backs or every other night

I said it a few games back the next month basically will be sink or swim as is, let alone after the necessary Hayes, Zucc and others traded by the deadline. The Rangers have no other choice. Keep Hayes and trade Zib my personal choice, but they will trade Hayes and continue on the path. One of Hayes or Zib will block Chytil, who is starting to look like the number two center next year.

I would have preferred if they chose Hayes over Zib when the decision was made to sign someone long term but they chose Zib, and he's been good enough not to have them reverse course on that decision. At this point I'm just rooting for Hayes to continue scoring points and stay healthy, and maximize his value.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
x10003q
Posted 2018-12-19 1:06 PM (#716604 - in reply to #716602)

MVP

I would rather keep Hayes vs Zib, but Zib has an affordable contract for a top 6 C and unfortunately that matters. If you trade Zib the Rangers need to get back a top 6 wing or 2nd pair d plus a pick or a prospect at a minimum. If they trade Hayes, the Rangers could back a little less or more prospects/picks due to Hayes being a free agent. At this point the Rangers still need to have NHL quality players in exchange for Zib and Hayes. There is no way Chytil or Howden is ready for 2nd C minutes. Howden is in a bit of a mid season lull and Chytil looks ok at wing. Namestnikov might be able to step in at 2nd C and that would help keep Howden and Chytil from too much too soon.
Rranger
Posted 2018-12-19 3:47 PM (#716605 - in reply to #716604)

MVP

x10003q - 2018-12-19 12:06 PM

I would rather keep Hayes vs Zib, but Zib has an affordable contract for a top 6 C and unfortunately that matters. If you trade Zib the Rangers need to get back a top 6 wing or 2nd pair d plus a pick or a prospect at a minimum. If they trade Hayes, the Rangers could back a little less or more prospects/picks due to Hayes being a free agent. At this point the Rangers still need to have NHL quality players in exchange for Zib and Hayes. There is no way Chytil or Howden is ready for 2nd C minutes. Howden is in a bit of a mid season lull and Chytil looks ok at wing. Namestnikov might be able to step in at 2nd C and that would help keep Howden and Chytil from too much too soon.

No one is calling for either Howden or Chytil second pair minutes “now”. If the Rangers trade Hayes it will be because they feel they will have a in-house replacement to start next year. Whether it’s Chytil, Howden or it could certainly be Namestnikov someone is going to have to fill the spot for the rest of the season because any trade deadline deals involving Hayes will not bring back a number two center. Whether we agree with it or not, reality is Hayes is gone, with or without a replacement.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software