Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rangers end up with #2 & #20 overall
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Now viewing page 9 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mikey Red
Posted 2019-04-11 8:39 AM (#724362 - in reply to #722584)
Subject: Re: Lotto tankathon: Rangers pick #2 overall

Legend

And the Canadian broadcasts are 1000 x better than here
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-04-11 11:35 AM (#724363 - in reply to #722584)

All-Star

Rinne never was, the weak link on that team, I don't know why they never went after a playoff type goalie, they would have won the cup by now. They are about to become the next toothless Sharks. Craps avoided that label last year.

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2019-04-11 11:38 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-04-11 11:55 AM (#724364 - in reply to #724363)

Legend

LeetchyMrRanger - 2019-04-11 1:35 PM

Rinne never was, the weak link on that team, I don't know why they never went after a playoff type goalie, they would have won the cup by now. They are about to become the next toothless Sharks. Craps avoided that label last year.
concust
Posted 2019-04-11 12:23 PM (#724365 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

Watching Denmark vs Finland right now, looking for #24 Kakko, haven't seen him yet. Start noticing this other guy #34 who's dominating shifts. He takes a stick to the jaw, they zoom in on him, it's Kakko. Color me surprised, he's wearing a different number and I didn't know it was him but he was easily one of the best on the ice.

My preference for Hughes may have gone down a notch.
concust
Posted 2019-04-11 12:42 PM (#724366 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

Of minor note, Kakko is playing LW. He usually plays RW and this was of note to me because we already have Buch and Kravtsov penciled in for spots on the right side. If Kakko can/is comfortable playing the left side (his natural wing) this could alleviate some need for roster juggling.
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-11 10:22 PM (#724370 - in reply to #722584)

MVP

Kravtsov and Kakko have both played center well. The Rangers have issues at center after Zibanejad. Kakko or Kravtsov don't take a back seat to any other center on the roster. If Chytil and Andersson dont get it together at center out of camp next year, they might be the wingers.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-04-12 5:05 AM (#724371 - in reply to #722584)

All-Star

My biggest issue is D, & playing D as a team, forwards that can come back pick up their man, & fore check. This team to go anywhere to be good again needs huge improvement on D. The team as a team has to play good, solid D. The goalies face 35+ shots every game, have to win games all on their own. There are a bunch of Bures & Gretzkys & Jagrs on the team that don't play any D, but none are named Bure or Gretzky or Jagr that can get away & look the other way playing no D.

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2019-04-12 6:42 AM
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2019-04-12 5:49 AM (#724374 - in reply to #724326)

All-Star

Rranger - 2019-04-10 8:03 AM

Monday morning quarterbacking over what? He's telling it like it is and was. L. A. is quite right to say the hockey gods didn't shine on them. Gorton is thrilled he got the pick and is pointing out how happy they are they went about it the right way. its an obvious reference to some poor teams don't all go all out down the stretch. or is a smart GM talking out of his ass about nothing. Tanking happens all the time, its an art in and of itself. Going into a lottery with hope and higher odds created by finish is all you got, not sure who your referring to who goes into a draft with hope only. Makes it all the better when you go about it the right way, all the way down to playing the hottest goalie. Rangers could have improved their chances of losing by playing a subpar Lundqvist down the stretch and nobody would have said squat, they didn't, they played their best. Well done.

I hear what you're saying, but, I agree with Concust. What do you think Gorton would've said if the Rangers fell to 8th, which had a higher % of happening?

Also, there is no such thing as hockey gods..............

robstones
Posted 2019-04-12 5:50 AM (#724375 - in reply to #724370)

Legend

Rranger - 2019-04-12 12:22 AM

Kravtsov and Kakko have both played center well. The Rangers have issues at center after Zibanejad. Kakko or Kravtsov don't take a back seat to any other center on the roster. If Chytil and Andersson dont get it together at center out of camp next year, they might be the wingers.

Kakko can probably play D, too.... he's pretty much set as a winger.

Kravtsov has been playing center all year, both for Team Russia and his KHL team. Upon drafting Gordie mentioned he likes him as a center, too. Chytil may very well be a winger again next year.

Which is fine! Either way is good. That said, Anderson may be a trading chip already. He wasn't drafted to be a 4th liner, but The Rangers are running out of room in their top 9
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-12 8:25 AM (#724379 - in reply to #724374)

MVP

Rangerjunkie - 2019-04-12 4:49 AM

Monday morning quarterbacking over what? He's telling it like it is and was. L. A. is quite right to say the hockey gods didn't shine on them. Gorton is thrilled he got the pick and is pointing out how happy they are they went about it the right way. its an obvious reference to some poor teams don't all go all out down the stretch. or is a smart GM talking out of his ass about nothing. Tanking happens all the time, its an art in and of itself. Going into a lottery with hope and higher odds created by finish is all you got, not sure who your referring to who goes into a draft with hope only. Makes it all the better when you go about it the right way, all the way down to playing the hottest goalie. Rangers could have improved their chances of losing by playing a subpar Lundqvist down the stretch and nobody would have said squat, they didn't, they played their best. Well done.

I hear what you're saying, but, I agree with Concust. What do you think Gorton would've said if the Rangers fell to 8th, which had a higher % of happening?

So you would have been happier if he said we didn't deserve this because we went all out down to the wire fine.. Your going to have to ask Gorton what he would have said pagan.
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-12 8:39 AM (#724381 - in reply to #724375)

MVP

robstones - 2019-04-12 4:50 AM

Rranger - 2019-04-12 12:22 AM

Kakko can probably play D, too.... he's pretty much set as a winger.

Kravtsov has been playing center all year, both for Team Russia and his KHL team. Upon drafting Gordie mentioned he likes him as a center, too. Chytil may very well be a winger again next year.

Which is fine! Either way is good. That said, Anderson may be a trading chip already. He wasn't drafted to be a 4th liner, but The Rangers are running out of room in their top 9

Kappo has had a lot of dominating performances as a center. Including the WJC. Your opinion is noted but thankfully Quinn will not have your pre conceived notions and Kappo will get his look at Center. And I'm sure the thought of beating out any center on the roster besides Zib doesn't worry Kappo to much.
concust
Posted 2019-04-12 9:24 AM (#724387 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

One thing to remember when you consider Kakko as center, is that his dominating performances at center come from U20 competition on ad-hoc national teams. When you have a player of Kakko's caliber and he's playing with smaller and less skilled teammates in, say, the WJC, you're going to want him at center because he'll likely have a greater impact on both sides of the ice than he would as a winger

When he plays in Liiga, with men, he's a winger. I think that's likely a better reference point for where he would play in the NHL , but as you said if we draft him I'm sure the coaching staff will try him at center if he's comfortable there, to see how he holds up at the NHL level. If he can/is comfortable playing center, that opens up a number of possibilities for the roster, as that also means you can try to convert another center who isn't cutting it at that position, to wing.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2019-04-12 11:46 AM (#724394 - in reply to #724379)

All-Star

Rranger - 2019-04-12 8:25 AM

So you would have been happier if he said we didn't deserve this because we went all out down to the wire fine.. Your going to have to ask Gorton what he would have said pagan.

I wouldn't be happier about anything he would have or could have said... I just don't think he believes that because they played the right way they were rewarded with the 2nd overall. It was just luck, just like Chicago and NJ
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-12 2:27 PM (#724397 - in reply to #724394)

MVP

Rangerjunkie - 2019-04-12 10:46 AM

I wouldn't be happier about anything he would have or could have said... I just don't think he believes that because they played the right way they were rewarded with the 2nd overall. It was just luck, just like Chicago and NJ

Of course it has nothing to do with hockey gods, its shyt house luck. But if Gorton wants to pat the Rangers on the back for playing the right way good on him.
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-12 3:01 PM (#724398 - in reply to #724387)

MVP

concust - 2019-04-12 8:24 AM

One thing to remember when you consider Kakko as center, is that his dominating performances at center come from U20 competition on ad-hoc national teams. When you have a player of Kakko's caliber and he's playing with smaller and less skilled teammates in, say, the WJC, you're going to want him at center because he'll likely have a greater impact on both sides of the ice than he would as a winger

When he plays in Liiga, with men, he's a winger. I think that's likely a better reference point for where he would play in the NHL , but as you said if we draft him I'm sure the coaching staff will try him at center if he's comfortable there, to see how he holds up at the NHL level. If he can/is comfortable playing center, that opens up a number of possibilities for the roster, as that also means you can try to convert another center who isn't cutting it at that position, to wing.

He will get his chance in the NHL because he will be one of the Rangers best centers. It has nothing to do with your perception excelling in the WJC is some kind of stigma, compared to playing in a Euro league. We had this discussion before regarding your insistence Chytil and more so the NHL ready Andersson were going to benefit playing mens Euro hockey and we are still waiting. Kakko is Kakko and he will make his own way. Quinn moves guys around looking for their best fit in his scheme of things. A center with Kakko's package would be a sight to behold, and I would not be at all suprised to see him locked in at number 2 out of camp next year.

Edited by Rranger 2019-04-12 7:50 PM
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2019-04-12 6:36 PM (#724400 - in reply to #724397)

All-Star

Rranger - 2019-04-12 2:27 PM

Of course it has nothing to do with hockey gods, its shyt house luck. But if Gorton wants to pat the Rangers on the back for playing the right way good on him.

I'm with you, like I am most of the time. I don't mind Gorton patting the team on the back for playing hard at all. But,,,,he said they were rewarded with the second pick, I get what he's implying its just not fact.
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-13 7:52 AM (#724415 - in reply to #724400)

MVP

Rangerjunkie - 2019-04-12 5:36 PM

Rranger - 2019-04-12 2:27 PM

I'm with you, like I am most of the time. I don't mind Gorton patting the team on the back for playing hard at all. But,,,,he said they were rewarded with the second pick, I get what he's implying its just not fact.

robstones
Posted 2019-05-09 6:25 AM (#725449 - in reply to #722584)
Subject: Re: Rangers end up with #2 & #20 overall

Legend

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

With the Conference Finals set, we now know that NYR have two 1st round picks in this year's draft....

Lot's of mock drafts out there, and almost all of them have us landing Kaapo Kakko at #2

So..... and let's not get TOO ahead of ourselves, but let's look ahead to what will be available at #20.

This site has exactly what I wanted to see.

Moritz Seider is the guy I would target and really hope is still available if/when NYR gets their second selection at the 20 spot

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/mock_draft

And wouldn't you know it, this site has us grabbing him at 20, too

Here's his scouting report
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2019/04/22/moritz-seider-scouting-repor...

Looks like he'll be in the WC for Germany, so worth keeping an eye on if you plan on watching the tournament.... Kaapo will play for Finland, and of course USA has Jack Hughes, Adam Fox, Brady Skjei, and CK

Edited by robstones 2019-05-09 6:43 AM
concust
Posted 2019-05-09 7:13 AM (#725450 - in reply to #725449)

Legend

robstones - 2019-05-09 7:25 AM

With the Conference Finals set, we now know that NYR have two 1st round picks in this year's draft....

Lot's of mock drafts out there, and almost all of them have us landing Kaapo Kakko at #2

So..... and let's not get TOO ahead of ourselves, but let's look ahead to what will be available at #20.

Moritz Seider is the guy I would target and really hope is still available if/when NYR gets their second selection at the 20 spot

Looks like he'll be in the WC for Germany, so worth keeping an eye on if you plan on watching the tournament.... Kaapo will play for Finland, and of course USA has Jack Hughes, Adam Fox, Brady Skjei, and CK

They have Brogerg falling to 16... a couple more spots and he could be within reach.
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-05-09 7:32 AM (#725451 - in reply to #725450)

Legend

No Euros or D men this year...we took care of that last year and have enough ....Draft very Forwards heavy this year
concust
Posted 2019-05-09 7:33 AM (#725452 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

Harley's the other defenseman I'd keep an eye on in that spot. My concern with Seider is less with the prospect and more with the league(s) he's played in so far. On the positive side he's playing in the top league in Germany (vs men), on the downside, it's not an elite pro level European league. It's typically not a good feeder to the NHL, and that's in large part because the quality of competition in these leagues can be pretty suspect. Even though arley is playing in the Juniors, there is a lot more familiarity and intel about his play, his team, his league and his performance than of Seider. He's just more of a risk based on where he plays right now.
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-05-09 7:49 AM (#725453 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

Yeah Im probably not looking in Germany for my first round pick
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-05-09 8:25 AM (#725454 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

Blueshirt underground radio is hysterical
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-05-09 8:27 AM (#725455 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

https://www.facebook.com/pg/blueshirtunderground/posts/?ref=page_int...
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-05-09 12:29 PM (#725459 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

Steve Kournianos has a very good podcast thats strictly about prospects

https://twitter.com/TheDraftAnalyst
sureshore
Posted 2019-05-09 3:07 PM (#725462 - in reply to #725450)

All-Star

concust - 2019-05-09 9:13 AM

robstones - 2019-05-09 7:25 AM

They have Brogerg falling to 16... a couple more spots and he could be within reach.

Not sure I wouldn't reach for a guy with the name Connor McMichael. It just sounds familiar
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-05-10 10:20 AM (#725475 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

Kakko just had himself a game
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-05-10 11:29 AM (#725476 - in reply to #722584)

All-Star

#11 is not bad for a team that is rebuilding. THN is very positive on the Rangers future, they like what they are doing.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ranking-all-31-nhl-organizati...

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2019-05-10 11:30 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-05-10 12:07 PM (#725477 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

Team USA about to play .....Ex Ranger Kreider on top line LW with Eichel and Keller Jack Hughes centering 3rd line between Kane and JVR Skjei on 2nd pair with Hannifin Quinn Hughes and Fox are 3rd pair
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-05-10 12:14 PM (#725478 - in reply to #722584)

Legend

BSU podcast referred to a Kreider interview recently that in their words "definitely pissed the FO off"...I have not seen the interview
ej17
Posted 2019-05-10 12:48 PM (#725485 - in reply to #722584)

All-Star

https://foreverblueshirts.com/must-see-what-a-goal-kaapo-kakko-score...
nships/?fbclid=IwAR1-j6WsjVLpxHBzBQWbQAOWs3J8LiIF1kfMVR-_sszOCbyzdnLx9vH9j0Y
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-05-10 1:03 PM (#725486 - in reply to #725485)

Legend

Kid is the goods
ej17
Posted 2019-05-10 1:04 PM (#725487 - in reply to #725486)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2019-05-10 3:03 PM

Kid is the goods

I really hope NJD take Hughes
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-05-10 1:11 PM (#725488 - in reply to #725487)

Legend

ej17 - 2019-05-10 3:04 PM

Mikey Red - 2019-05-10 3:03 PM

Kid is the goods

I really hope NJD take Hughes

Me too!
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-05-10 7:28 PM (#725495 - in reply to #722584)

All-Star

Hmm, there are now people saying he may go #1. It will be a close call, no way of telling who goes #1 right now.
Jump to page : < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Now viewing page 9 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software