Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rangers bringing back Tanner Glass
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Fish
Posted 2019-06-14 1:26 PM (#726154)
Subject: Rangers bringing back Tanner Glass

Publisher

To the front office...

https://nypost.com/2019/06/14/rangers-bring-rugged-winger-tanner-gla...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-06-14 2:50 PM (#726155 - in reply to #726154)
Subject: Re: Rangers bringing back Tanner Glass

Legend

Not a bad thing to have some backbone in the FO
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-06-14 3:38 PM (#726161 - in reply to #726154)

All-Star

Ha ha the Cup is ours!
Rranger
Posted 2019-06-16 7:59 AM (#726179 - in reply to #726154)

MVP

The fact he was AV's boy will always taint him. That aside IMO he got through that and played to his level and was fine in his role. I never had any problems with what he brought to the table. I think he can add a lot to the Rangers preparing their young players for the NHL. He's gonna get a list of things to follow through with every kid in the system, and it will be up to him to essentially assist in the application of the improvements in the kids game and work with him on the mental side of the game. Good luck and do well Tanner Glass.
Mark
Posted 2019-10-04 11:11 AM (#728354 - in reply to #726179)

Prospect

Rranger - 2019-06-15 9:59 AM

The fact he was AV's boy will always taint him. That aside IMO he got through that and played to his level and was fine in his role. I never had any problems with what he brought to the table. I think he can add a lot to the Rangers preparing their young players for the NHL. He's gonna get a list of things to follow through with every kid in the system, and it will be up to him to essentially assist in the application of the improvements in the kids game and work with him on the mental side of the game. Good luck and do well Tanner Glass.

He earned every cent we paid him.

Id take him now, you cant win it all without his type of player in the lineup.
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-04 2:05 PM (#728358 - in reply to #728354)

MVP

Mark - 2019-10-04 10:11 AM

Rranger - 2019-06-15 9:59 AM

He earned every cent we paid him.

Id take him now, you cant win it all without his type of player in the lineup.

Glass"s of the hockey world seldom get the credit they deserve.
PV29
Posted 2019-10-04 5:44 PM (#728362 - in reply to #728358)

Scorer

While I agree in general with the idea that you need players like Glass (at least one) to complement the rest of the lineup, I felt that he was too complacent during his last two seasons with NYR. He only reacted to the opponent's rough stuff instead of establishing a physical presence. And sometimes he didn't react at all. That may have been the AV influence, or it might have been his attitude at the latter part of his career.

I'd rather have Brendan Lemieux than Glass right now. Much better upside and the kid is aggressive. He sets the tone rather than just reacting when things get chippy.
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-04 6:51 PM (#728363 - in reply to #728362)

MVP

PV29 - 2019-10-04 4:44 PM

While I agree in general with the idea that you need players like Glass (at least one) to complement the rest of the lineup, I felt that he was too complacent during his last two seasons with NYR. He only reacted to the opponent's rough stuff instead of establishing a physical presence. And sometimes he didn't react at all. That may have been the AV influence, or it might have been his attitude at the latter part of his career.

I'd rather have Brendan Lemieux than Glass right now. Much better upside and the kid is aggressive. He sets the tone rather than just reacting when things get chippy.

All things being equal I’d of rather kept Brandon Prust over Glass but Chewy was having none of that. Glass started strong finished weak like Chewy did. Might be something to the coach inhibiting him.

Edited by Rranger 2019-10-04 7:39 PM
Mark
Posted 2019-10-07 9:51 AM (#728402 - in reply to #728363)

Prospect

Rranger - 2019-10-03 8:51 PM

All things being equal I’d of rather kept Brandon Prust over Glass but Chewy was having none of that. Glass started strong finished weak like Chewy did. Might be something to the coach inhibiting him.

You forget that Prust wanted elite dollars, and Glass could be had with pocket change. Same kind of player, one with a tad more offense and it went to his head.

Vua
Posted 2019-10-07 10:28 AM (#728403 - in reply to #728402)

All-Star

Mark - 2019-10-07 9:51 AM

You forget that Prust wanted elite dollars, and Glass could be had with pocket change. Same kind of player, one with a tad more offense and it went to his head.

Can't blame the guy for wanting to be paid. Montreal was willing to give him the money.
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-07 7:38 PM (#728409 - in reply to #728403)

MVP

Vua - 2019-10-07 9:28 AM

Mark - 2019-10-07 9:51 AM

Can't blame the guy for wanting to be paid. Montreal was willing to give him the money.

Prust went to Montreal for $2,500,000 per the Rangers signed AV’s guy for $1,450,000, that’s not pocket change, compared to only $1,000,000 more for Prust, and in comparison Prust was twice the player Glass ever was. So it’s a subjective thing really, the Rangers whined about Prust’s demands, and ended up signing a guy with significantly less impact on games for not much less money. Certainly the Rangers could have paid a Prust $2,500,000 for what he brought.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software