Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rangers sign Panarin....terms still coming in
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Rranger
Posted 2020-03-02 9:20 PM (#732835 - in reply to #732834)
Subject: Re: Rangers sign Panarin....terms still coming in

MVP

Andy Bathgate - 2020-03-02 8:02 PM

Mikey Red - 2019-07-01 12:49 PM

We are a playoff team right now

Hey Mikey... we’re really close!

He would have loved this run.

Edited by Rranger 2020-03-03 6:24 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2020-03-09 3:08 PM (#733128 - in reply to #726976)

All-Star

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nhl-power-rankings-top-mvp-182743258.ht...
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2020-03-11 2:05 PM (#733202 - in reply to #726976)

All-Star

If Z does not miss 15 games, Rangers possibly could have had 2 MVP players with votes. That's impressive.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2020-03-11 2:07 PM (#733203 - in reply to #726976)

All-Star

If the vets play to their capabilities & the young guns contribute, this team will be up there next season.
Fish
Posted 2020-03-11 2:44 PM (#733206 - in reply to #733203)

Publisher

LeetchyMrRanger - 2020-03-11 1:07 PM

If the vets play to their capabilities & the young guns contribute, this team will be up there next season.

I think ultimately the team needs more capable depth...particularly in terms of scoring depth to be a competitor. They also need a bit more ability to withstand the grind of first the season and then the playoffs.

As it stands right now, I think they're getting goof offensive value out of their blueline corps, but the depth outside of Zibanejad, Panarin and Kreider is less consistent and predictable. Some of that is due to youthfulness for sure, and it remains to be seen how quickly Chytil, Buchnevich, Howden and Kakko progress. Gauthier's another one, but ideally you want a guy like Fast to be your fill in guy, not Di Giuseppe. I think you'd like a little more size out of the position that McKegg is filling, though you do need someone who is defensively responsible like him, as is di Giuseppe...but ideally you get a little more than that, like Fast provides offensively, or Lemieux provides physically.

I think there's a good core, just need to add some more depth and balance to the forwards
DaTeL
Posted 2020-03-11 3:54 PM (#733207 - in reply to #733206)

Legend

Fish - 2020-03-11 10:44 PM

LeetchyMrRanger - 2020-03-11 1:07 PM

I think ultimately the team needs more capable depth...particularly in terms of scoring depth to be a competitor. They also need a bit more ability to withstand the grind of first the season and then the playoffs.

As it stands right now, I think they're getting goof offensive value out of their blueline corps, but the depth outside of Zibanejad, Panarin and Kreider is less consistent and predictable. Some of that is due to youthfulness for sure, and it remains to be seen how quickly Chytil, Buchnevich, Howden and Kakko progress. Gauthier's another one, but ideally you want a guy like Fast to be your fill in guy, not Di Giuseppe. I think you'd like a little more size out of the position that McKegg is filling, though you do need someone who is defensively responsible like him, as is di Giuseppe...but ideally you get a little more than that, like Fast provides offensively, or Lemieux provides physically.

I think there's a good core, just need to add some more depth and balance to the forwards

The lack of forward depth is obvious. But they build the right way - from the goal up. And quite successfully so far.
We have few guys on their way. And I'm sure some more will be added via trades (excess of talent on D), further drafting and UFA signings along the way.

LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2020-03-11 6:39 PM (#733212 - in reply to #726976)

All-Star

Also, Deangelo will get some Norris votes. And, Fox will get some Rookie votes. He won't win it, that Makar player has it won. But, that's not bad for a rebuilding team.
Rranger
Posted 2020-03-12 8:58 AM (#733237 - in reply to #726976)

MVP

The same DeAngelo who isn't as good as Ranger prospects? Yes I've heard of him on here. The same DeAngelo the Rangers are supposed to get rid of before a replacement player is here and shown he can even play. Brilliant, get rid of a player on the cusp of being a world class offensive player, who's defence is adequate and who will undoubtedly get better defensively as time goes on, again for guys who haven't played one game in the NHL yet. Sound logic indeed. While we are at it torpedo Zib to make room for Andersson who is making some nifty shootout moves over in Vasterhedunhoodenhaas.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2020-03-12 9:00 AM (#733239 - in reply to #733237)

MVP

Rranger - 2020-03-12 8:58 AM

The same DeAngelo who isn't as good as Ranger prospects? Yes I've heard of him on here. The same DeAngelo the Rangers are supposed to get rid of before a replacement player is here and shown he can even play. Brilliant, get rid of a player on the cusp of being a world class offensive player, who's defence is adequate and who will undoubtedly get better defensively as time goes on, again for guys who haven't played one game in the NHL yet. Sound logic indeed. While we are at it torpedo Zib to make room for Andersson who is making some nifty shootout moves over in Vasterhedunhoodenhaas.

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software