Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DeAngelo, Lemieux contract Predictions??
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Rranger
Posted 2019-08-15 8:34 AM (#727682)
Subject: DeAngelo, Lemieux contract Predictions??

MVP

Whats the holdup? Two very important rebuild players both possessing a little extra grit.

Edited by Rranger 2019-08-15 8:41 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fish
Posted 2019-08-15 12:04 PM (#727685 - in reply to #727682)
Subject: Re: DeAngelo, Lemieux contract Predictions??

Publisher

I assumed they were all ready to sign their deals, and were just waiting for the Shattenkirk thing to play out..but obviously that didn't happen.

The way that Davidson was a bit cagey in his response about Kreider "I expect him to be in camp" seemed an odd thing to say to me, so still wonder whether they're looking to trade him, but at any rate, we are just one month and one day from the opening of training camp.
Rranger
Posted 2019-08-15 12:41 PM (#727686 - in reply to #727682)

MVP

I also assumed those two would have got wrapped up once the cap clear took place. It makes some sense for the Rangers to cut the longest deal they can get expiring a year before they become UFA's.
Vua
Posted 2019-08-15 4:44 PM (#727688 - in reply to #727686)

All-Star

Rranger - 2019-08-15 12:41 PM

I also assumed those two would have got wrapped up once the cap clear took place. It makes some sense for the Rangers to cut the longest deal they can get expiring a year before they become UFA's.

The Rangers have almost always used their leverage against players that have none. These 2 guys have no arbitration rights so they are at the mercy of the team for their money. And while the Rangers have always spent like drunken sailors on UFA, they almost always take a hard line on RFAs. And with their cap situation what it is, expect them to hold serve here.
Rranger
Posted 2019-08-15 5:11 PM (#727689 - in reply to #727688)

MVP

Vua - 2019-08-15 3:44 PM

Rranger - 2019-08-15 12:41 PM

The Rangers have almost always used their leverage against players that have none. These 2 guys have no arbitration rights so they are at the mercy of the team for their money. And while the Rangers have always spent like drunken sailors on UFA, they almost always take a hard line on RFAs. And with their cap situation what it is, expect them to hold serve here.

True. Hopefully another team doesn't get involved with a offer.
Fish
Posted 2019-08-20 12:28 PM (#727711 - in reply to #727682)

Publisher

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2019/08/20/ny-rangers...

USAT: Where does the salary cap stand right now? You still have two unsigned restricted free agents. Do you feel like another move needs to be made to create enough room to get Tony DeAngelo and Brendan Lemieux under contract?
JG: I don’t think so. I think that we can sign those guys now, and we’re attempting to do so. Hopefully, we’ll get that done in the next couple of weeks here and they’ll be ready to go in camp.
USAT: Are both players looking for something beyond the one-year, qualifying offers?
JG: I never like to get into my discussions with the agents and the players. I like to keep that as private as possible, and that’s what I’ll continue to do. But listen, they’re both good players. They’re valuable to the organization and what we’re doing. We like them both a lot, on and off the ice. We’re trying to get them signed and get them in the best deals for the Rangers right now, and for the future. We’ll figure that out as soon as possible.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-08-20 2:14 PM (#727717 - in reply to #727682)

All-Star

Neither one has done crap yet in their NHL careers and just recently started to hold down an NHL job. Anymore than 1.5 for both is insanity. They haven't earned more than that.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software