Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Game 16: Pens @ Rangers 11/12/19 - 7:30pm NBCSN/TVAS
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Fish
Posted 2019-11-13 1:12 PM (#729595 - in reply to #729517)
Subject: Re: Game 16: Pens @ Rangers 11/12/19 - 7:30pm NBCSN/TVAS

Publisher

Panarin really looked a master last night, his stickhandling and skating in traffic was at times mesmerizing, just seemed like he was operating on a different level.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
PV29
Posted 2019-11-13 7:03 PM (#729598 - in reply to #729517)

Scorer

All this whining and complaining about Andersson's playing time is getting kinda silly, especially when you consider how the rest of this team is showing signs of growth and improvement.

Andersson was roughly in the same position as Chytil at the end of last season: young players who were high draft picks that were struggling to adapt to the NHL and justify their draft positions. What has changed is that Chytil has made big strides this season and has started to resemble the player that was envisioned when he was drafted. Andersson has not done the same. Not even close.

As far as Andersson's supposed "bum" linemates ...... McKegg, Smith and even Haley all have better Corsi stats than Andersson. Admittedly, I'm not a big Corsi stat guy, but if we're going to dismiss these wingers as "useless" and the reason why Andersson can't break the top 9 in the lineup, I think it's worth mentioning that their stats are better than Andersson's. All three have scored a goal (Andersson hasn't) and Smith has 4 points in 16 games all while playing on the 4th line and killing penalties.

The guy who's really screwing over Andersson so far is the guy looking at Andersson from the mirror in the morning.
PV29
Posted 2019-11-13 7:07 PM (#729599 - in reply to #729595)

Scorer

Fish - 2019-11-13 3:12 PM

Panarin really looked a master last night, his stickhandling and skating in traffic was at times mesmerizing, just seemed like he was operating on a different level.

He's a change from past free agent signings by NYR: he's young, has years of productivity ahead of him, and is every bit the star he was advertised to be. The real test will be in March and (hopefully) April when the games get more physical and the ice gets smaller. But yeah, so far he's impressive with his skills and vision on the ice.
Rranger
Posted 2019-11-14 5:41 AM (#729605 - in reply to #729592)

MVP

Av-merican - 2019-11-13 9:25 AM

Put a player in a position to fail...and he will fail. And make no mistake, putting a kid out there for 8 minutes a night with two talentless grinders is putting him in a position to fail.

I didn't like Quinn last year, and he's only solidified my low opinion of him so far this year. He is most definitely my least-favorite part of this Rangers team.

I think Quinn will feel better about Andersson in his position to fail assignment, when he shows he's the best player on his line, which he's not. Every night McKegg and Smith give a honest effort actually playing pretty well. The guy out of sync is Andersson. He's barking up the wrong tree if he expects to be promoted because he's in a position to fail rather than busting his chops to get moved up. Unfortunately the more I watch him the more it looks like he's bought into the poor me stuck on the fourth line with plugs scenario. And that will just get him a ticket to Hartford.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software