Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Game 46: Rangers @ Islanders 1/16/20 - 7pm MSG2/MSG+
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Rangerjunkie
Posted 2020-01-16 7:42 PM (#731303 - in reply to #731232)
Subject: Re: Game 46: Rangers @ Islanders 1/16/20 - 7pm MSG2/MSG+

MVP

Joe spewing a bunch of B.S.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rranger
Posted 2020-01-16 7:44 PM (#731304 - in reply to #731232)

MVP

What a great character testing win. Games like these are so important to a young team as they climb the ladder. Rangers passed this test with flying colours.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2020-01-16 7:44 PM (#731305 - in reply to #731232)

All-Star

Goalie save the day & the game.

Rangers have a goalie controversy.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2020-01-16 7:48 PM (#731306 - in reply to #731232)

All-Star

Scouts are following & attending Rangers games. Where there is smoke there is fire.
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2020-01-16 7:49 PM (#731307 - in reply to #731232)

Legend

How ironic the two star tonight Kreider and Geo are gone...
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2020-01-16 7:53 PM (#731308 - in reply to #731232)

All-Star

You can't keep every one & pay every one. It will be an interesting dead line & summer.
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2020-01-16 8:12 PM (#731309 - in reply to #731232)

Legend

Say what you will... Quinn has proven himself to be a hell of a coach... this team isn’t perfect, but they play hard every night

Rranger
Posted 2020-01-16 8:16 PM (#731310 - in reply to #731309)

MVP

Andy Bathgate - 2020-01-16 7:12 PM

Say what you will... Quinn has proven himself to be a hell of a coach... this team isn’t perfect, but they play hard every night

I think more than a few on this board are going to be very surprised as the Rangers close this year out.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2020-01-16 8:20 PM (#731311 - in reply to #731232)

All-Star

Quinn hasn't proven jack. Team still lets up almost 40 shots per night.
scthockey2294
Posted 2020-01-16 8:46 PM (#731312 - in reply to #731311)

Scorer

itsmcilrathtime - 2020-01-16 8:20 PM

Quinn hasn't proven jack. Team still lets up almost 40 shots per night.

Time of possession issues have plagued for awhile. Players are improving under his watch which is encouraging. Lindy still has to GO.

Quinn has his hands on TD development big time. Chytil as well looks like he’s gonna be a top 6 staple. This team has already developed nicely. Hell, Lindgren looks like a 4/5 dman here for a long time too.

Point being he has his hands in some really good development. Get Ruff out of here and you’ll see the possessions numbers get a bit better. That will also come with guys like Howden and Kakko and Chytil getting older and more seasoned.

Listening to a lot of rumors out there that we may be packaging for an all star level player. Which would be excellent for a Panarin or Zibanejad. Go for it. Also think a guy like Greenway from MIN would be a great target to fill out the bottom 6. Played for Quinn at BU and would be similar to the Lemieux trade. Fact is they need some REAL players down there. The only future guy we seem to be grooming for the bottom 6 is Howden. Not everyone can play top 6 and the bottom 6 is vital as well.

It is time to round out this team.
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2020-01-17 12:11 PM (#731317 - in reply to #731232)

Legend

We’re supposed to be rebuilding... how players are 21 or younger? Things could be way worse. During the first period yesterday a young team would crumble, not the Rangers under Quinn... Quinn was hired because he was supposed to be good with young players, so far so good... for a rebuilding team to be playing the way the Rangers are, it’s not bad.
Fish
Posted 2020-01-17 12:56 PM (#731318 - in reply to #731232)

Publisher

I'm willing to give Quinn the benefit of the doubt for the moment, and I'm also willing to extend that to Ruff. I think part of the challenge has been the style they're playing really does promote defense jumping up...which is one of the reasons that the offense has been so good, and more specifically why the defense has so many/goals point. It's always a balancing act between how much to focus on offense, and how much to focus on defense, but I think the Rangers have shown this year that they're a lot better at generating offense than they have been in many of the recent years. With that though comes much more responsibility on the forwards, who have to make decisions when the D go deep, and for the defense, particularly when they're on the offensive blueline. That's a learning process.

In their own zone, I see lots of smart plays, but there's still work to be done around protecting the center of the ice, and being more cognizant of providing an outlet for the defensive puck carrier....though I think the focus in this system appears that it might be more around piuck possession and reducing the opponent's time with the puck.

At any rate, it would be pretty surprising if this team had turned around this quickly....there's not that many teams out there that have gone through the wholesale change the Rangers have in the last two years.

If you look at what the team was just before the deadline in Vigneault's last year, then only

Kreider, Staal, Skjei, Zibanejad, DeAngelo, Lundqvist, Georgiev, Fast and Buchnevich remain. Consider also that DeAngelo hadn't become a regular, nor scored a goal, Georgiev was in his first NHL season, and Buchnevich was in his first full season after playing 42 the year before. That's a tremendous amount of turnover in less than 2 years.
PV29
Posted 2020-01-18 7:03 PM (#731324 - in reply to #731232)

Scorer

On the D'Angelo goal, Fast should get a lot of credit. He was dog tired from the PK, where he was hustling all over the place. But he put his head down when Tony D got the puck out of the penalty box and skated as hard as he could to create the 2 on 1. He could've been excused for heading to the bench to change after the kill he just contributed to. But he took the harder option and hustled his ass off, which led to a huge goal.

I'd still rather see somebody else opposite Panarin (Tyler Toffoli?). But you gotta give the guy credit where it's due.
PV29
Posted 2020-01-18 7:08 PM (#731325 - in reply to #731318)

Scorer

Fish - 2020-01-17 2:56 PM

I'm willing to give Quinn the benefit of the doubt for the moment, and I'm also willing to extend that to Ruff. I think part of the challenge has been the style they're playing really does promote defense jumping up...which is one of the reasons that the offense has been so good, and more specifically why the defense has so many/goals point. It's always a balancing act between how much to focus on offense, and how much to focus on defense, but I think the Rangers have shown this year that they're a lot better at generating offense than they have been in many of the recent years. With that though comes much more responsibility on the forwards, who have to make decisions when the D go deep, and for the defense, particularly when they're on the offensive blueline. That's a learning process.

In their own zone, I see lots of smart plays, but there's still work to be done around protecting the center of the ice, and being more cognizant of providing an outlet for the defensive puck carrier....though I think the focus in this system appears that it might be more around piuck possession and reducing the opponent's time with the puck.

At any rate, it would be pretty surprising if this team had turned around this quickly....there's not that many teams out there that have gone through the wholesale change the Rangers have in the last two years.

If you look at what the team was just before the deadline in Vigneault's last year, then only

Kreider, Staal, Skjei, Zibanejad, DeAngelo, Lundqvist, Georgiev, Fast and Buchnevich remain. Consider also that DeAngelo hadn't become a regular, nor scored a goal, Georgiev was in his first NHL season, and Buchnevich was in his first full season after playing 42 the year before. That's a tremendous amount of turnover in less than 2 years.

Watching young players improve and gain confidence, as well as develop a "never give up" attitude, has me very convinced that Quinn is the right guy for the job. I'd also add that he's allowed certain combos to develop and he's kept them basically intact as we head to the All-Star break. Kreider-Zib, Panarin-Strome, Chytil-Buchnevich-Howden, Fox-Lindgren, D'Angelo-Staal.

Nobody saw this team, as young as they are, hunting for a playoff spot. Not in year 2 of the rebuild. It's a combination of good choices by Gorton and good coaching.

Whatever. It's fun as hell to watch.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2020-01-19 5:33 AM (#731327 - in reply to #731232)

All-Star

Agree, D sucks hopefully this is fixed soon, but a fun team to watch that can score & make pretty plays.
Rranger
Posted 2020-01-19 8:40 AM (#731329 - in reply to #731325)

MVP

PV29 - 2020-01-18 6:08 PM

Fish - 2020-01-17 2:56 PM

Watching young players improve and gain confidence, as well as develop a "never give up" attitude, has me very convinced that Quinn is the right guy for the job. I'd also add that he's allowed certain combos to develop and he's kept them basically intact as we head to the All-Star break. Kreider-Zib, Panarin-Strome, Chytil-Buchnevich-Howden, Fox-Lindgren, D'Angelo-Staal.

Nobody saw this team, as young as they are, hunting for a playoff spot. Not in year 2 of the rebuild. It's a combination of good choices by Gorton and good coaching.

Whatever. It's fun as hell to watch.

They are winning and in a playoff race. January 19th/2020. That's a win so far for a rebuild that still needs, Kravstov, Miller , Lundqvist ect to arrive to truly judge. Personally I don't think this team is going anywhere but up as the season goes on.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software