Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you see any reasonable way that Kreider stays
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mjolnir
Posted 2020-02-10 2:34 PM (#731740 - in reply to #731739)
Subject: Re: Can you see any reasonable way that Kreider stays

Legend

Andy Bathgate - 2020-02-10 4:25 PM

Big question, will Zib be the same without him on the team?

Yes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2020-02-11 4:41 AM (#731744 - in reply to #731740)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2020-02-10 2:34 PM

Yes.

No. He won't. People think it's easy to find that kind of chemistry those 2 have. It isn't. Zibanejad is a incredible skater and rarely gets credit for it. The reason he plays so well with Kreider is because you have 2 incredible skaters playing together with size and strength. It's a perfect fit. Sadly, that mental midget Buchnevich often ruins it which is why I hope Kakko can improve a lot next year because he is a perfect fit with those two. I can only pray that moron Buchnevich is dealt at the deadline for the type of player that will help our team for a while. I would think Colorado thinks with adding a forward and maybe a vet d guy they can get to the finals. I also think Bowers can be had and he would be a very good fit with his style for this team. Unlike Buchnevich, his IQ isn't that of a chimp. He's having a decent year in the AHL. I would think you could get him and a 2nd for Buchnevich pretty easily and it's something they should surely look into. Colorado should surely be all in with the team they have now. Led by Ryan Graves +39 who I wanted up but our moron coach AV who as usual, this board bent over for thought small, puck moving defenseman were the way to win.
Mjolnir
Posted 2020-02-11 7:15 AM (#731745 - in reply to #731511)

Legend

He was fine before Kreider, he'll be fine without him.
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2020-02-11 10:03 AM (#731747 - in reply to #731744)

Legend

itsmcilrathtime - 2020-02-11 6:41 AM

Mjolnir - 2020-02-10 2:34 PM

Yes.

No. He won't. People think it's easy to find that kind of chemistry those 2 have. It isn't.

I agree with this... Nash never really got great chemistry with anyone, neither did Jagr... or Gabrick ... The chemistry between these two is beyond the ice. Kreider gone in one way or another will affect Zibs game....

LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2020-02-14 7:21 PM (#731907 - in reply to #731511)

All-Star

If this Kreider showed up more often the Rangers would be a diff team. Can you count on this Kreider the next 6-7 years ... I am NOT so sure about this.
van'70
Posted 2020-02-15 10:03 PM (#731920 - in reply to #731511)

Rookie

Check out the Ranger's record as soon as Kreider got the blood clot...........the Rangers tanked immiately.
He is a big part of the Rangers and their locker room and Zib's linemate/friend.
Rranger
Posted 2020-02-16 7:46 AM (#731922 - in reply to #731511)

MVP

The steady improvement of this team all year was obvious, the fact they are within striking distance of the playoffs is a credit to the coaching staff. Its also exciting for the players, and will be a huge motivation. Throw in two goalies Shestorokin and Georgiev the players obviously believe in and I don't see Kreider getting traded unless his contract demands are off the charts. I suspect more of a Fast, Skjei, Staal, Lundqvist type dump, to try to bring in a forward or two, if Staal and Lundqvist agree to move on. And I think the Rangers are all in on this is your future Hank, the pine or the bleachers.

Edited by Rranger 2020-02-16 7:56 AM
robstones
Posted 2020-02-16 12:32 PM (#731924 - in reply to #731511)

Legend

Rumor of the day has Skjei for Trocheck

Kreider Zibanejad Buchnevich
Panarin Trocheck Strome
Lemieux Chytil Kakko

Would be decent.

I have tickets for the March 1st game against Philly... would like to see a C on Kreider by then

Rranger
Posted 2020-02-16 1:56 PM (#731926 - in reply to #731511)

MVP

If your going to acquire Trochek you may as well move Strome, and have Panarin, Trochek, and Kappo. But I’m not sure your gaining over Panarin, Strome, and Kappo. Plus Strome and Panarin have some good mojo going that has elevated Stromes game to a number two center. There is some locker room chemistry going on as is and Gorton needs to be wary of what he does. I think Skjei for a different type of defenseman, think Lindgren with some size makes more sense to me, considering Staal will soon be gone also.
And certainly no complaint from here if Kreider emerges with the C.
Fish
Posted 2020-02-20 8:31 AM (#732069 - in reply to #731511)

Publisher

We're 4 days out, and it's still not clear to me how this is going to play out. Kreider is obviously playing very well, and is on pace to set a new career high in goals and points, and the Rangers have remarkable improved their standings enough to make it seem possible - with the next six games - to be in contention for as high as third in the division.

Not that I'd expect to see this team do well in the playoffs if they were to make it, but they are playing pretty well and some playoff experience wouldn't hurt this team. On the flip-side, 6 or 7 years for Kreider is going to be a big contract...and they still have a year to run on Lundqvist, Staal and Smith....all well overpaid right now.
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2020-02-20 3:32 PM (#732082 - in reply to #731511)

MVP

I think if they were to trade kreider they would be throwing in the towel on any chance of making the playoffs. And it's always a crapshoot if you will get a player that >= to who you are trading... Kreider is a physical player and with being physical comes injuries, but he doesn't miss a lot of games he just gets slowed down when he is banged up...I know a lot of fans look at that as he is "coasting" or "takes games off" but he is a consistent 20-30 goal scorer and you never heard any teammate talk negatively about him.

I think Lundqvist should give up his NTC they should pay a portion of what is left on his contract and they should bury Smith in Hartford. I would find a way to retain Kreider... you need to find 2.5 to 3 M more than what he is making now...Skjiel is another overpaid POS...
Fish
Posted 2020-02-20 3:39 PM (#732083 - in reply to #731511)

Publisher

The common thread today is that the asking price for Kreider is 1st round pick, a top prospect, as well a second prospect/pick and maybe a conditional pick...

So looking at the possible suitors:

Projected leaders - Boston, Colorado
Other interested parties - Islanders, Blues, Capitals, Blue Jackets

Not sure how Boston, St Louis, and Washington will make it work with $84k, $20k and $231k respectively fit it in their Cap numbers without sending something back. Colorado has $5.1M free, so they seem a more realistic option as do the Blue Jackets. There is of course the Isles who have $4+ million free, but there's some special considerations.

Given that outlook, who would you think offers the best value? Perhaps you're going to get a higher first round pick with CBJ/Isles than you do with a team like Boston, St Louis or Washington...prospect wise, these teams - aside from the Avs - typically don't have the deepest pools...but is there anyone you like?
Steady Eddie
Posted 2020-02-20 6:01 PM (#732085 - in reply to #731511)

MVP

St. Louis. Robert Thomas and Klim Kostin plus 1st rounder. Do it!
PV29
Posted 2020-02-20 6:42 PM (#732087 - in reply to #731511)

Scorer

I'm not taking a position any longer. It's so obvious that Kreider has become a very big part of this young team. He's scored more clutch goals this season than probably his whole career to this point. I understand the business aspects and if they have to trade him, then so be it. But if he's re-signed it would not be bad at all. At least for now.

If Gorton can trade Skjei and/or Fast for some value, whether it be an NHL-ready player or some high picks, it would be good deadline work on his part. Oh, and keep Tony D.
Mjolnir
Posted 2020-02-20 9:17 PM (#732088 - in reply to #732087)

Legend

PV29 - 2020-02-20 8:42 PM

I'm not taking a position any longer. It's so obvious that Kreider has become a very big part of this young team. He's scored more clutch goals this season than probably his whole career to this point. I understand the business aspects and if they have to trade him, then so be it. But if he's re-signed it would not be bad at all. At least for now.

If Gorton can trade Skjei and/or Fast for some value, whether it be an NHL-ready player or some high picks, it would be good deadline work on his part. Oh, and keep Tony D.

And there is the problem with the whole scenario....why now when a new contract is due? I'm not saying that's the case, but....in any event, Rangers need to look past the now and continue to focus on the future, which I think management will due.

That being the case, if the contract in question is $7M for 7 years, as a rebuilding team, that is not the type of contract you give to a 29 year old (supposed) power forward. I wouldn't go more than 3-4 years...but that's why I'm here and not in the GM's office.

Edited by Mjolnir 2020-02-20 9:18 PM
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2020-02-21 3:20 AM (#732089 - in reply to #731511)

All-Star

Rick Carpiniello made a great point on the radio about how the Rangers sat players they were going to trade out before the deadline like Zucc, Hayes and Nash. Kreider is still playing. I think they sign him. Trochek for Skjei makes a ton of sense. He's 52% on draws and is a legit faceoff guy. His numberfs IMO with Panarin will be far greater than Stromes. I could see him putting up 80 points with Panarin. His contract is decent under 5 million for quite some time. No way I think the Rangers sign Strome. He will be asking for 6 million and he's not worth it. He's a righty shot and it balances out the forwards nicely. Kakko, Chytil, Lemieux, Kreider, Kravtsov hopefully, Buchnevich are all lefty shots so another righty shot is never a bad thing.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software