Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you resign Strome
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Fish
Posted 2020-08-11 2:33 PM (#734044)
Subject: Do you resign Strome

Publisher

Strome has had some career level stats playing alongside Artemi Panarin, do you think he's worth bringing back, and if so under what terms?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beezer34
Posted 2020-08-12 7:44 AM (#734056 - in reply to #734044)
Subject: Re: Do you resign Strome

All-Star

He had a good season... but it was one good season... .and to be honest with the 1st over all there will be a roster spot that you might want to leave open.. and given teh money ti would take to sign him.. added to Trouba... and Panarin and Krieder and the kids who are coming up.. I do not think you can sign him to any real money or length of time. Move him and keep the roster spot open. UNLESS they can move Hank (but yuo will have to cough up for Igor soon) and Staal (but you will need to pay Fox soon) or Smith (money for any of the many kids who will need resigning... )

the Rangers will have over the coming 3 or so year have to resign zibanajad..Fox.. Igor... Chytl.... Kakko lefreniere ... Kravstov... MIller ... Lundqvist.. there is just not enough money to keep this team if they are all as good as they are.. in the fold.. and Panarin and Trouba aand Kreider are already signed long term . I am not sure where the money comes from ...

Edited by Beezer34 2020-08-12 7:47 AM
Rranger
Posted 2020-08-12 2:42 PM (#734058 - in reply to #734044)

MVP

Right now the Rangers will have Kreider, Panarin, Zibanejad, Kappo, Buchnevich, Lafreniere, and Strome if he is signed for top six. And make no mistake Lafreniere is top two material right out of the gate. . And I would sign Strome short term, one year. He’s good insurance to start the year. If Chytil matures into a number two Center over the course of the season then Strome would be a good rental for some team next spring.
Of more concern to me is Kreider, Panarin, Kappo, and Buchnevich will be the top four wings to start with Kreider and Panarin playing the same position as Lafreniere. Doesn’t leave a spot for Lafreniere top two and he will be. So I’m guessing Buchnevich might end up on the third line, someone will have to move to the right side. That would be tough for Buchnevich who is really starting to come into his own. We will find out a lot about Quinn watching how he handles his riches.

Edited by Rranger 2020-08-12 2:44 PM
Fish
Posted 2020-08-13 12:25 PM (#734063 - in reply to #734044)

Publisher

To answer my own question, I think ultimately they trade him. Not sure what they'd get for him, my sense is he's someone who will do well with talented line mates, but doesn't have the skill to carry a second line role. As a third liner who can play up, he might fit a team looking for more depth, but the term and dollars will be more like a lower end second liner, so that will be problematic.

The Rangers still have a problem at second line center, and a depth at center overall, perhaps that's something that can try and address with the second of their first rounders and/or prospects/players, but it's not going to be easy find a center who fits and at a reasonable salary and acquisition cost.
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2020-08-17 6:28 AM (#734104 - in reply to #734044)

MVP

I don't think there are many viable options for replacing Strome either in the system or in UFA so the only way to replace him would be via trade.... and we do have some spare players/prospects. I would like to see Rangers get a solid 2 way Center that can play in any situation and rack up some points playing on a line with Panarin.

That said I think Strome played pretty well in Covid-19 20 and they should try to keep him but not get stupid.
NTHockey
Posted 2020-08-17 9:06 AM (#734105 - in reply to #734044)

All-Star

Nashville has #11 pick and according to capfriendly.com, they will pick C Anton Lundell from Finland. He's 6'1", 183 lbs. Would they take our pick at #24 and Buchnevich or Strome for their #11?
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2020-08-17 12:21 PM (#734106 - in reply to #734044)

All-Star

Strome is not the answer. Rangers should use TDA, Buchnevich and Chytil and got for Larkin. He's perfect for this team.
scthockey2294
Posted 2020-08-18 3:12 PM (#734108 - in reply to #734044)

Scorer

Strome is probably looking for a home after this great points year for him. Can’t blame him. I think someone will give him a 3 yr 15 mill deal, where we will say best of luck & thank you Ryan.

If he asks for a 2 yr $8 mill deal, I think we resign him.

Centers sell like hot cakes in UFA & he just put up 60+ points. Hayes got $7million & despite Hayes being better overall...he’s not gonna be too far off his yearly average.
ej17
Posted 2020-08-19 5:56 AM (#734112 - in reply to #734108)

All-Star

scthockey2294 - 2020-08-18 5:12 PM

Strome is probably looking for a home after this great points year for him. Can’t blame him. I think someone will give him a 3 yr 15 mill deal, where we will say best of luck & thank you Ryan.

Centers sell like hot cakes in UFA & he just put up 60+ points. Hayes got $7million & despite Hayes being better overall...he’s not gonna be too far off his yearly average.

He is a RFA ,not a UFA
Steady Eddie
Posted 2020-08-19 1:18 PM (#734113 - in reply to #734112)

MVP

ej17 - 2020-08-19 7:56 AM

He is a RFA ,not a UFA

Yes, and he has arbitration rights. I wonder if the fixed cap will play into the arbitrator’s decisions. If he gets an award based on his point production, he may not be worth keeping. After Zibanejad, we are weak down the middle. Do you promote Chytil or Howden to 2C?

Rangerjunkie
Posted 2020-08-19 4:29 PM (#734114 - in reply to #734044)

MVP

Chytil maybe, definitely not Howden
scthockey2294
Posted 2020-08-20 8:38 AM (#734120 - in reply to #734112)

Scorer

ej17 - 2020-08-19 5:56 AM

He is a RFA ,not a UFA

Trade his rights with our other 1st & Georgiev for Monahan lol
Beezer34
Posted 2020-09-01 3:36 AM (#734153 - in reply to #734044)

All-Star

Three trades that pretty much HAVE to happen.. is not so harsh maybe SHOULD happen.. .
1) Strome goes.. as was said above the Rangers have stars in Kreider and Panarin signed to long term deals... they also have kids like Chytl and Kako and Kravstov and Lefreniere who will all command big $$$ when their time is up .. Add that you still have juries out on guys like Lemeuix (who I think has to stay) Gauthier, Howden and even Lias Anderson SHOULD he ever get a brain.. return and play into a trade. (not to mention whomever they grab in the 2nd first rounder this year) so up front will all of a sudden be a crowded place.. Buch may hang around but lets be honest his days are numbered too.. Fast depending may or may not be back .... and I have not mentioned him until now but Zib will get PAID in 22/23 so the Ranegrs have a glut up front and signing Strome to what would be a what5 plus millions for what 3-5 years makes no sense on a team that has cap issues and when you have this much young talent that cap issue is not going away any time soon.

2) Tony D got to go.. and not due to play but because of his play he COULD get a first rounder given his potential and if someone wants to pay it. PLUS you have Trouba signed long term and if Miller and lundqvist are the real deal and everything is pointinhg to them being that .. they will be playing within 2 years.. add to that Fox and Lindgren proving to be the best Rangers pair and what are you going to do put Tony with Trouba on the first pair.. that is a MISTAKE we all know it.. and the 2nd pair is Fox and Lindgren who might be the first actually.. but still then Miller and Lundqvist is the third pair.... make no sense keeping that money becuase he will be like strome looking for a 5 for 5 sort of deal if not more.. so best get what they are worth now

3) Hank I love you.. but watching Colorado play with Grubauer and Francois and hutchenson... MAN he would make that team SOOOOOOO much better and they have the cap hit to take him on. I think him with that team makes them WAY better and even him as a mentor/back up is worth the risk on a one year deal. I think it is a perfect fit for him. As that team next year with him in net COULD win the west.

Those three trades if they net the Rangers NOTHING but picks the rangers e better off.. I thiink a 2nd for Strome... a 1st for Tony and a conditional pick for Hank say a 3rd or 4th.. if he wins the cup a first.. sort of thing.. .would make the Rangers better. It would take about a potential between them say 16-20 million off the books given what they could make next year AND get picks in return..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software