OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zibanejad
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

PV29
Posted 2021-02-21 10:35 AM (#775254 - in reply to #775150)
Subject: Re: Zibanejad

It's called pressure. The pressure created by his monster season last year that he's expected to live up to. The pressure created by him being one of a few veterans that's supposed to lead this young group. The pressure created by him trying to live up to the "#1 center" label that he earned last season.

He's pressing. It's obvious. Passes hit his stick and bounce off. He has no confidence and his hands are way off. Sure, his conditioning might be still off from COVID and a short training camp. But it's not his conditioning that is preventing him from scoring. It's his hands. He needs to relax and just play his game. Benching him wouldn't accomplish anything, it would only make things worse.

After he scored the empty-netter his teammates reacted as if they know how much he's pressing. Grab the monkey off his back, TWICE. Smiles and probably some ball-busting. Anything to get him to just relax. He's a proud professional and the more he struggles the worse he feels and beats himself up. A couple will go in, and he'll be fine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Laf # 13
Posted 2021-02-21 11:48 AM (#775255 - in reply to #775150)
Subject: Re: Zibanejad

That is fair also PV. Who really knows for sure whether it's pressure on himself and/or a Covid hangover, but something isn't clicking for him. The reason I lean Covid hangover is his effort on the Caps lone goal, it was really weak and almost seemed disinterested, and I have seen that a few times this season. I don't think that is how he really feels, but I saw it on that play and others. That's why I think a Covid hangover/lingering effects, seems plausible to me.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software