OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chytil back skating again
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Fish
Posted 2021-02-25 12:43 PM (#775381)
Subject: Chytil back skating again

Publisher

Turns out he had a hand injury, looks like he'll be back over the weekend or early next week. He also apparently had COVID
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2021-02-25 4:47 PM (#775383 - in reply to #775381)
Subject: RE: Chytil back skating again

It’ll be nice to have him back.

Fish
Posted 2021-03-03 11:48 AM (#775708 - in reply to #775381)
Subject: Re: Chytil back skating again

Publisher

Thought he looked good in return, hopefully can get his mojo back. One thing I do wonder though, is Chytil currently is more a shooting center than a passing center, and with guys like Lafreniere, Kreider, Panarin, Kravtsov and Kakko, would it make more sense to have a more rounded player in the center position, which then me to consider...would you include Chytil in a trade for Eichel.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-03-03 12:26 PM (#775709 - in reply to #775381)
Subject: RE: Chytil back skating again

I wonder why JD and Gorton keep our mentally retarded head coach behind the bench when he puts Blackwell and Lemieux on the PP who are scrubs.
RANGERNUT
Posted 2021-03-04 6:40 AM (#775711 - in reply to #775708)

Fish - 2021-03-03 1:48 PM

Thought he looked good in return, hopefully can get his mojo back. One thing I do wonder though, is Chytil currently is more a shooting center than a passing center, and with guys like Lafreniere, Kreider, Panarin, Kravtsov and Kakko, would it make more sense to have a more rounded player in the center position, which then me to consider...would you include Chytil in a trade for Eichel.

I would include Chytil in a trade for Eichel in a hot second
Laf # 13
Posted 2021-03-04 7:43 AM (#775712 - in reply to #775381)

I think Eichel will be a Ranger by next season. I would do Chytil, Kravtsov, another solid prospect, a 1st, and maybe a 3rd or 4th if needed to get it done.

Kakko, Lafreniere, Miller, Schneider would be off limits. Lundkvist I wouldn't have off limits, but I would not include him with Chytil and Kravtsov in one package. Maybe 2 of those 3, and a couple of picks. That's essentially three 1st round picks, another solid but not top prospect, and a 3rd or 4th round pick for Eichel. That's a good haul for Buffalo.

Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2021-03-04 8:15 AM (#775713 - in reply to #775712)

Laf # 13 - 2021-03-04 9:43 AM

I think Eichel will be a Ranger by next season. I would do Chytil, Kravtsov, another solid prospect, a 1st, and maybe a 3rd or 4th if needed to get it done.

Kakko, Lafreniere, Miller, Schneider would be off limits. Lundkvist I wouldn't have off limits, but I would not include him with Chytil and Kravtsov in one package. Maybe 2 of those 3, and a couple of picks. That's essentially three 1st round picks, another solid but not top prospect, and a 3rd or 4th round pick for Eichel. That's a good haul for Buffalo.

problem is with Eichel's cap hit of $10M we would need to get rid of some player9s) with significant cap. Strome, Buch, or both....+ a young player or 2 . I'll put this in the very hard to see how it gets done category.
Laf # 13
Posted 2021-03-04 9:13 AM (#775714 - in reply to #775381)

I don't agree with that. I think we can absolutely afford Eichel.

Strome is gone for sure, that's a given. Not even worth discussion. We can move one year of Strome this off-season if needed.

Buch is more of a question mark, but may have to go, which I can live with as we should get a decent return.

I think Ziban will be the interesting one. If we can re-sign him for 7 or 8 mill, I think we can keep him and add Eichel. Move on from Strome and Buch. That would be a nice setup.

I think there is a path that we can keep Ziban and add Eichel (assuming Ziban stays at 8 tops). Put that almost 19 mill off the cap this summer to use.

Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2021-03-04 9:23 AM (#775715 - in reply to #775714)

Laf # 13 - 2021-03-04 11:13 AM

Strome is gone for sure, that's a given. Buch is the question mark, but may have to go, which I can live with as he should get a decent return. I think Ziban will be the interesting one. If we can re-sign him for 7 or 8 mill, I think we can keep him and add Eichel. Move on from Strome and Buch. That would be a nice setup. Put that almost 19 mill off the cap this summer to use.

Or maybe Zib can waive his NMC...but right now his val is not at it's peak...I think this year, doesn't Trouba's hit get reduced because of LTIR?
Laf # 13
Posted 2021-03-04 10:41 AM (#775716 - in reply to #775381)

Not sure on Trouba. Is he on LTIR? Either way I don't think it impacts next season.

And if/when we get Eichel, the biggest question becomes what happens to Zib. I would prefer not to lose Zib, Chytil, and Strome as we'd then be very thin at C again. So how the other dominos fall post obtaining Eichel, if we do, will be an interesting watch.

Fish
Posted 2021-03-04 11:06 AM (#775720 - in reply to #775716)

Publisher

Laf # 13 - 2021-03-04 9:41 AM

Not sure on Trouba. Is he on LTIR? Either way I don't think it impacts next season.

And if/when we get Eichel, the biggest question becomes what happens to Zib. I would prefer not to lose Zib, Chytil, and Strome as we'd then be very thin at C again. So how the other dominos fall post obtaining Eichel, if we do, will be an interesting watch.

They are saying Trouba could be back this weekend, so don't think that's an issue. I do think trading Trouba for Eichel strengthens one area and weakens another, so not sure that's wise...unless they're going to through in one of the Rasmuses
Laf # 13
Posted 2021-03-04 11:21 AM (#775721 - in reply to #775381)

I didn't suggest that, Trouba for Eichel. I was responding to above question.

I think we get Eichel for something like this:

Chytil, Kravtsov, another solid prospect (not one of the top 8-10 guys), a 1st, and maybe a 3rd or 4th if needed to get it done.

Maybe substitute Lundkvist in for Chytil or Kravtsov.

So I am willing to give up two good pieces, Chytil and/or Kravtsov and/or Lundkvist. Willing to give up a solid but lesser prospect. Willing to give up a 1st (I'd protect top 3). And a 3rd or 4th rounder.

That's a good haul for Buffalo, and good for us as well I think.

Fish
Posted 2021-03-04 1:17 PM (#775727 - in reply to #775714)

Publisher

Laf # 13 - 2021-03-04 8:13 AM

I don't agree with that. I think we can absolutely afford Eichel.

Strome is gone for sure, that's a given. Not even worth discussion. We can move one year of Strome this off-season if needed.

Buch is more of a question mark, but may have to go, which I can live with as we should get a decent return.

I think Ziban will be the interesting one. If we can re-sign him for 7 or 8 mill, I think we can keep him and add Eichel. Move on from Strome and Buch. That would be a nice setup.

I think there is a path that we can keep Ziban and add Eichel (assuming Ziban stays at 8 tops). Put that almost 19 mill off the cap this summer to use.

Math-wise:

Rangers have around $3.8M in cap space
Rangers get ~$9M back in dead cap space for next year
Rangers get ~5.4M from Smith and Johnson contracts ending
Rangers get between $3.4M and $4.2M from buying out or trading DeAngelo's last year
Rangers potentially get $4.5M for moving last year of Strome

So next season they have around $27.1M of cap space...assuming that DeAngelo is bought out, and Strome is moved with nothing retained

RFAs:
Buchnevich - $5 - $6M?
Chytil - $2.5 - $3.3M?
Gauthier - $1 - $1.5M?
Georgiev - $2.75 - 3M?
Hajek - $800K - $1.2M
Howden - $1 - $1.5M?
Lindgren - $3 - $4.5M?
Shesterkin - $2 - $2.5M?

UFAs:
DiGiuseppe or replacement $1M

So figure if you try and keep them all (and/or replace DiGiuseppe), that's somewhere between $18 - $24M....so adding Eichel would put some pressure there.

You'd also have to fill:
1 starting D spot either with a prospect or a veteran
1 depth D spot with probably a veteran

Plus you also have the risk of losing a player to Seattle, so replace them too

I figure then you'd have to include Buchnevich or Chytil in the deal, or deal them separately. I think keeping Zibanejad would be harder in the short term, unless you can deal Kreider or Trouba to make that work beyond next season.

There's of course lots of things they could do that I haven't accounted for, but wanted to at least provide some context.

Should also mention that they'll get an additional $1.5M of dead cap space at the end of 21-22 season, and then a further $2.5M after 22-23
Fish
Posted 2021-03-04 1:54 PM (#775728 - in reply to #775721)

Publisher

Laf # 13 - 2021-03-04 10:21 AM

Chytil, Kravtsov, another solid prospect (not one of the top 8-10 guys), a 1st, and maybe a 3rd or 4th if needed to get it done.

So I am willing to give up two good pieces, Chytil and/or Kravtsov and/or Lundkvist. Willing to give up a solid but lesser prospect. Willing to give up a 1st (I'd protect top 3). And a 3rd or 4th rounder.

One of the challenges in the deal, is that Buffalo loses their top center and we've not really got a center to send back...perhaps including Strome in the deal would make some sense
x10003q
Posted 2021-03-04 2:03 PM (#775730 - in reply to #775721)

Laf # 13 - 2021-03-04 1:21 PM

If you were Buff, are you going to give Eichel away for an unproven 3rd line C and a bunch of guys who never played in the NHL and picks? I doubt it.

The Rangers would need to give up at least one of Laf or Kakko. Then Chytl or Miller. Then Kravtsov. If it is Laf or Kakko plus Chytl, maybe they will want Lundvist instead of Krav. After that gets figured out there would have to be a draft pick or 2 thrown at Buff, too and then figure out the money.

Another thought is 2 instead of 3 of (Laf/Kakko/Chytl/Miller/Krav/Lundqvist), maybe Strome or Buch and a draft pick or 2. Maybe there would be other skaters coming back from Buff.

Maybe Buff wants Buch instead of Krav. Would Zib even entertain going to a nightmare like Buff? I would say no.

If the rangers get Eichel then they have to move low value Zib and his NMC. That means minimal return for Zib at best. Rangers cannot have $40mill tied up in Panarin/Kreider/Zib/Eichel.

This is why it has not happened yet and probably will never happen.
Laf # 13
Posted 2021-03-04 2:56 PM (#775731 - in reply to #775381)

I don't doubt it. I will tell you right now they absolutely will not give up Kakko or Lafreniere, and they won't have to I don't believe.

You are looking at it from the POV of a Rangers fan and saying they'll want those guys. You are not looking at it from a what's realistic POV. Is another team dealing a Lafreniere or Kakko type? Only 1 team in the NHL has a system even close to ours, the Kings, and I read they will not deal Byfield, he is their Kakko.

So where they getting that package from? They are not.

What you also need to factor in is guys like Chytil, Kravtsov, Lundkvist would be very top of the heap prospects for just about every NHL team. You don't view them that way because you say wow we have Miller, or Kakko, or Lafreniere. Not the right way to view it IMO. At days end it still comes down to one package vs. another.

Three 1st round picks (2 of Chytil and/or Kravtsov and/or Lundkvist AND an actual 1st rounder), another solid prospect (that could be a former 1st or very worst would be a top 5 prospect in just about every organization in the NHL), and a 3rd or 4th round pick is a haul for Eichel.

Where else are the Sabres getting that type of package? It can be tweaked a bit, maybe a Buch and or Strome and or other, but none of the biggest guys we have right now will get dealt. PLUS at 10 mill per, not every team can afford that cap hit, especially with a flat cap for the next 2 years.

I think you way overrate what we'd have to give up, and underrate the value of the package I offered (and that's because they aren't prospects 1, 2, or 3 for us - that doesn't mean they don't have big value and are better than almost every teams prospects).

Laf # 13
Posted 2021-03-05 7:50 PM (#775870 - in reply to #775381)

Here’s the rub, I’ve learned the Rangers are willing to offer a nice package that would include a roster player like Ryan Strome, highly touted prospect Vitali Kravtsov, a defense prospect of either Matthew Robertson or Zac Jones, and a conditional first round pick.

It isn’t the haul Sabres fans are expecting, but it will probably be the best package when offered this summer too.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software