OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Camp's first skate set for September 23rd
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Fish
Posted 2021-08-26 1:29 PM (#780802)
Subject: Camp's first skate set for September 23rd

Publisher

https://nypost.com/2021/08/26/rangers-closing-in-on-libor-hajek-cont...

Development camp (which normally gets held in July and extends into the early September Traverse City Tourney) will begin on the 10th, just 15 days away

On-ice activities for camp will begin on the 23rd, and I suspect players will report for physicals on the 22nd.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cap'nMess
Posted 2021-08-30 5:58 AM (#780809 - in reply to #780802)
Subject: Re: Camp's first skate set for September 23rd

25 days!!

LGR
Fish
Posted 2021-08-30 3:08 PM (#780810 - in reply to #780802)

Publisher

After reading those Brooks articles over the weekend, looks like it'll be a more laid back camp this year. Pretty difficult to speculate on how the lines will come together at this stage, new coaching staff, Eichel still hanging over this organization and of course the new bodies.

Fools errand so early on, but I've started to put together some coverage for the camp:

http://outsidethegarden.com/trainingcamp/2021/default.asp
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-08-31 3:17 PM (#780811 - in reply to #780802)
Subject: RE: Camp's first skate set for September 23rd

Unless there is a trade made, there is no room for Barron, Kravtsov, Richards or Gauthier. They will all be in the minors. Goodrow, Chytil, Blais, Hunt, Reeves and Rooney will make up the bottom 6.
Fish
Posted 2021-09-01 8:49 AM (#780812 - in reply to #780802)

Publisher

I don't see Hunt as a regular at this stage, but it's a possibility that they go that route...though I think it's more likely that Kravtsov - with a solid camp - gets that spot ahead of Hunt. I think Barron's fate was sealed with they traded for Reaves, and I don't think Richards really had much chance to get into the line-up, perhaps he gets a look if they have substantial injury issues among the top 6 wings during the season, but I would expect it's unlikely at this point.

I think Gauthier would have to be outstanding in camp to overcome the perspective the team has on him now, certainly didn't expect him to be in the mix for a spot on the opening roster.
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-09-01 9:56 AM (#780813 - in reply to #780802)

I think Kravstov is a lock, and would not be suprised at all to see Kreider on the third line and Kravstov with Panarin and Strome and Kakko with Zib and Lafreniere. Not sure Hunt has any advantage over Barron, who very well might be the extra getting time while Reaves sits. He’s proven in Hartford and needs to be moved up to the NHL to see what he’s got. Gautier’s ship has sailed.
Fish
Posted 2021-09-01 12:29 PM (#780814 - in reply to #780813)

Publisher

LaFrenger - 2021-09-01 10:56 AM

I think Kravstov is a lock, and would not be suprised at all to see Kreider on the third line and Kravstov with Panarin and Strome and Kakko with Zib and Lafreniere. Not sure Hunt has any advantage over Barron, who very well might be the extra getting time while Reaves sits. He’s proven in Hartford and needs to be moved up to the NHL to see what he’s got. Gautier’s ship has sailed.

Yeah I considered that Kreider might end up on the third, and I do wonder whether he might be a better match with Goodrow than some of the other wings on the team, but we'll see. In the end, I thought having three of your top four wingers being relatively unproven was probably too much risk, so went with Kreider to remain on the top two pairs. I do expect Lafreniere to make a leap this year, so that will play into it as the year goes on, I think Kakko and Kravtsov also both have the potential to figure out their offensive game this year, but I think they might be a bit more streaky to begin with.

One of the other things I struggled a bit with, Kakko hasn't fit well with Panarin-Strome to date, and I'm not sure whether that's going to change much this year, and it's possible that Kravtsov would be a much better fit. In which case having Kakko and Lafreniere with Zibanejad could make some sense going forward, if you can survive the learning process long enough. That scenario would of course push Kreider to the third line.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-09-02 9:38 AM (#780817 - in reply to #780802)

Kakko wasn't a fit because his old coach was a dumb fukkk. He never put him on the first pp one timing it from the RW to get his confidence up. That helps a lot. Strome is not a legit playmaker. He also changed lines every fukkking game. That being said, I liked Lafreniere on the RW with Panarin and Strome. I would prefer Kakko on the RW one timing it with Kreider and Zibanejad. He gives that line great size. Panarin is more of a thinking player like Lafeniere. Kakko is more along the lines of Zibanejad and Kreider where they use size and skating to make plays. Kakko's improvement with his skating was incredible last year and nobody talked about it. His crossovers and ability to rag the puck was lights out last year. Defenseman couldn't take the puck from him. He just needs to learn to do more with the puck when he does that.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-09-02 5:58 PM (#780818 - in reply to #780802)

I highly doubt Kravtsov is lock. He was unimpressive last year to say the least. He's soft. Doesn't have any physical element to his game. Doesn't do anything particulary well. He's exactly what Drury doesn't want on the bottom 6 and he's not nearly good enough to play in the top 6 with what the team currently has.
Fish
Posted 2021-09-03 1:45 PM (#780819 - in reply to #780818)

Publisher

itsmcilrathtime - 2021-09-02 6:58 PM

I highly doubt Kravtsov is lock. He was unimpressive last year to say the least. He's soft. Doesn't have any physical element to his game. Doesn't do anything particulary well. He's exactly what Drury doesn't want on the bottom 6 and he's not nearly good enough to play in the top 6 with what the team currently has.

I thought Kravtsov showed pretty good strength on the puck, particularly in the KHL, and I was actually surprised that he looked like he had a decent defensive game too, though I felt that faded as his cameo went on. I do think he has an above average ability to shoot and score which could translate into a pretty decent top line forward. I'm not yet sure about his passing ability, and whether he has the desire to compete when things are going tough, but we'll find that out with time.
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-09-03 7:29 PM (#780820 - in reply to #780802)

All young forward on the Rangers had problems because of a coach changing line mates during just about every game. Constantly moved down the lineup for no reason. I think every young forward played like he had the getting moved to the fourth line bullseye on his back. For as much as Lindgren, Fox, and Miller thrived on Defense, every young forward, Kappo, Lafreniere , Kravstov and Chytil struggled to gain the coaches confidence and that’s on Quinn. Any putz that has coached young players in hockey should understand they will make mistakes. Honest mistakes acceptable and hope they decrease over time. Cheating mistakes unacceptable and players should be bumped down the lineup or benched. I didn’t see to many cheating mistakes by the kids. They gave a pretty honest effort every night and Quinn didn’t need a excuse to bump any of them down the lineup, he did it just about every game. Hopefully Gallant gives them the honest mistake speech and that crap is over. And Kravstov showed a lot of smarts, the kid is a stud. He showed up late in the year, knew nobody, knew nothing about his teammates, got bounced around the lines every night by Quinn, and he still showed a lot of potential. Now it’s on Gallant to move the young guys along. Kravstov no matter where he plays will be better than fine.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software