OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Canadians hire Gorton
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

LaFrenger
Posted 2021-11-28 5:30 PM (#783403)
Subject: Canadians hire Gorton

Montreal has hired Gorton as Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations, didn't pass the speak French smell test for the GM's  job I guess. Now who do we want to offload to them besides maybe Georgiev, Hajek. Good luck Jeff have very few issues with what you did here. Left things here in fine shape thank you.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
David Quinn
Posted 2021-11-28 6:02 PM (#783404 - in reply to #783403)
Subject: Re: Canadians hire Gorton

Hope he hires me
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-11-28 6:16 PM (#783405 - in reply to #783404)

David Quinn - 2021-11-28 5:02 PM Hope he hires me

Me to. 

itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-11-29 4:43 AM (#783406 - in reply to #783403)
Subject: RE: Canadians hire Gorton

LaFrenger - 2021-11-28 5:30 PM

Montreal has hired Gorton as Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations, didn't pass the speak French smell test for the GM's  job I guess. Now who do we want to offload to them besides maybe Georgiev, Hajek. Good luck Jeff have very few issues with what you did here. Left things here in fine shape thank you.

Really? He fucked a ton of things up. He lucked into Kakko and Lafreniere. The Lias pick who I defended turned out to be a pile of shit. Hopefully Cuylle will turn out to be good but that draft was pretty much all JD and not euro pussy drafting Gorton. His Kravtsov pick is turning out to be a pile of shit. His Henriksson pick looks terrible. Lindbom pick was atrocious. Basically his drafting even with multiple first rounders was average at best. He created a soft team and refused to make it tougher, more playoff ready which ultimately got him fired. He had Bennett sitting there for two fn years which he could have gotten with his eyes closed and did nothing. Honestly, the best draft we had with him here was really JD's draft. JD's fingerprints were all over that draft. First thing he said was the team needed to get tougher. In other words, Gorton drafted pussy players and never made trades to increase toughness. Then the Wilson thing happened and the 3 games vs. the Islanders and Dolan lost it. If you look at his drafts, you are out of your fn mind if you think that Gorton would have traded up to 19 period. Forget about drafting Schneider. Or that he would have traded Lias and then taken a player like Cuylle. He would have drafted two more euro pussies which is pretty much what he's done since he's been here. Only two good things Gorton did were acquire multiple first rounders in the rebuild and the Zibanejad deal. Other than that, he was incompetent. He also hired Quinn who sucked. Strome was the type of move that almost all GM's hit on. They try a player with talent who struggles and give him a change of scenery. Panarin coming here had NOTHING to do with Gorton. That was all JD.

He also lucked out beyond belief on Fox who only wanted to play with the Rangers. If JD didn't bring Panarin here and Fox didn't force a trade to the Rangers, this team would completely suck. Even with Gorton hitting on the Shesterkin pick. Without those two players, and some lottery luck, the future of this team would be in the toilet.
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-11-29 6:48 AM (#783407 - in reply to #783406)
Subject: RE: Canadians hire Gorton

itsmcilrathtime - 2021-11-29 3:43 AM
LaFrenger - 2021-11-28 5:30 PM

Really? He fucked a ton of things up. He lucked into Kakko and Lafreniere. The Lias pick who I defended turned out to be a pile of shit. Hopefully Cuylle will turn out to be good but that draft was pretty much all JD and not euro pussy drafting Gorton. His Kravtsov pick is turning out to be a pile of shit. His Henriksson pick looks terrible. Lindbom pick was atrocious. Basically his drafting even with multiple first rounders was average at best. He created a soft team and refused to make it tougher, more playoff ready which ultimately got him fired. He had Bennett sitting there for two fn years which he could have gotten with his eyes closed and did nothing. Honestly, the best draft we had with him here was really JD's draft. JD's fingerprints were all over that draft. First thing he said was the team needed to get tougher. In other words, Gorton drafted pussy players and never made trades to increase toughness. Then the Wilson thing happened and the 3 games vs. the Islanders and Dolan lost it. If you look at his drafts, you are out of your fn mind if you think that Gorton would have traded up to 19 period. Forget about drafting Schneider. Or that he would have traded Lias and then taken a player like Cuylle. He would have drafted two more euro pussies which is pretty much what he's done since he's been here. Only two good things Gorton did were acquire multiple first rounders in the rebuild and the Zibanejad deal. Other than that, he was incompetent. He also hired Quinn who sucked. Strome was the type of move that almost all GM's hit on. They try a player with talent who struggles and give him a change of scenery. Panarin coming here had NOTHING to do with Gorton. That was all JD. He also lucked out beyond belief on Fox who only wanted to play with the Rangers. If JD didn't bring Panarin here and Fox didn't force a trade to the Rangers, this team would completely suck. Even with Gorton hitting on the Shesterkin pick. Without those two players, and some lottery luck, the future of this team would be in the toilet.

Blah blah blah, sorta like you don't neet a power forward. All luck lol. You should get back in the basement get your xbox out and continue trying to master the scrub level,  

Fish
Posted 2021-11-29 12:22 PM (#783410 - in reply to #783403)

Publisher

I don't have a problem with what Gorton did, the Rangers needed to rebuild after their core aged out, and he took over and did that task. Sure he made some mistakes, and had some blind spots, but I think he did more good than bad, and to me was an improvement over Sather
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2022 PD9 Software