OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Patrik Nemeth to non-roster status again
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Fish
Posted 2022-01-26 1:59 PM (#786066)
Subject: Patrik Nemeth to non-roster status again

Publisher

No word on why, or how long...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2022-01-27 10:24 AM (#786073 - in reply to #786066)
Subject: Re: Patrik Nemeth to non-roster status again

Until he stops plying like a pylon
Fish
Posted 2022-01-27 11:12 AM (#786075 - in reply to #786066)

Publisher

Well there's been some other moves today

Zac Jones - Rangers roster
Jonny Brodzinski - Rangers roster

Tarmo Reunanen - Taxi
Nil Lundkvist - Taxi
Tim Gettinger - Taxi
Lauri Pajuniemi - Taxi
Fish
Posted 2022-01-28 11:25 AM (#786122 - in reply to #786066)

Publisher

Well as far as I can glean, Nemeth's absence is a "personal situation"...so we'll leave it at that
Fish
Posted 2022-02-11 3:14 PM (#786453 - in reply to #786066)

Publisher

Was back on the ice today, so I guess he'll be available for Tuesday.

Chytil was also back on the ice, sounds like he's probably going to be okay for Tuesday, though Gallant did say

Fish
Posted 2022-02-12 5:18 PM (#786456 - in reply to #786066)

Publisher

Well..Nemeth's return may, or may not be soon

Fish
Posted 2022-02-14 10:01 AM (#786462 - in reply to #786066)

Publisher

Nemeth practiced again in that bottom left D slot again, so I suspect he'll be back in tomorrow
Fish
Posted 2022-02-17 2:54 PM (#786586 - in reply to #786066)

Publisher

Rangers have placed Nemeth on IR with lingering effects of COVID
Av-merican
Posted 2022-02-17 3:15 PM (#786589 - in reply to #786586)

Fish - 2022-02-17 3:54 PM

Oof. That's terrible news. I hope it's less of a serious health issue and more around the lines of some cap maneuvering prior to the deadline.
Fish
Posted 2022-02-17 3:18 PM (#786590 - in reply to #786589)

Publisher

Av-merican - 2022-02-17 4:15 PM

Fish - 2022-02-17 3:54 PM

Oof. That's terrible news. I hope it's less of a serious health issue and more around the lines of some cap maneuvering prior to the deadline.

The Rangers have something like $35M in prorated Cap Space, so don't see that being a factor, this is purely health related
LaFrenger
Posted 2022-02-19 8:46 AM (#786634 - in reply to #786066)

The Rangers need to move on from Nemeth. Bring in a rental Giardano type for a run. With all due respect to Jones they need a guy in that third hole to be able to play up the lineup. Giardano can do that and bye bye at the end of the season. It allows for a Robertson or Jones to become that guy next year. It also will allow continuing the Miller assessment. The guy has his moments on both sides of the good and bad bar. With the good, well outweighing the bad. A blind man can see the physical talents and skill, he's a package. A lot of talk on here about moving him which I'd do in the right deal but it would have to be a blockbuster physical guy coming back. But in reality he's going nowhere soon, and it would probably end up one of those deals you kick your ass forever if you did it. He just hit the regular season hundred game bar, with basically zero playoff experience. I would think if the Rangers have any playoff success he will have to learn to use his size better and nastier as they move along. To make a long story short the Rangers would be crazy to trade him til he answers the playoff bell.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2022-02-19 12:26 PM (#786635 - in reply to #786634)

LaFrenger - 2022-02-19 10:46 AM

The Rangers need to move on from Nemeth. Bring in a rental Giardano type for a run. With all due respect to Jones they need a guy in that third hole to be able to play up the lineup. Giardano can do that and bye bye at the end of the season. It allows for a Robertson or Jones to become that guy next year. It also will allow continuing the Miller assessment. The guy has his moments on both sides of the good and bad bar. With the good, well outweighing the bad. A blind man can see the physical talents and skill, he's a package. A lot of talk on here about moving him which I'd do in the right deal but it would have to be a blockbuster physical guy coming back. But in reality he's going nowhere soon, and it would probably end up one of those deals you kick your ass forever if you did it. He just hit the regular season hundred game bar, with basically zero playoff experience. I would think if the Rangers have any playoff success he will have to learn to use his size better and nastier as they move along. To make a long story short the Rangers would be crazy to trade him til he answers the playoff bell.

I see Jones as the type that can become a stud, much in the same way that Fox has, but if we are looking to be a serious contender now, I agree with this. Give him another year. I'd also like to see them experiment with Miller as a forward, which would open a slot for Jones and take one of our useless forwards out of the lineup.

LaFrenger
Posted 2022-02-20 7:07 AM (#786641 - in reply to #786635)

Steady Eddie - 2022-02-19 11:26 AM
LaFrenger - 2022-02-19 10:46 AM The Rangers need to move on from Nemeth. Bring in a rental Giardano type for a run. With all due respect to Jones they need a guy in that third hole to be able to play up the lineup. Giardano can do that and bye bye at the end of the season. It allows for a Robertson or Jones to become that guy next year. It also will allow continuing the Miller assessment. The guy has his moments on both sides of the good and bad bar. With the good, well outweighing the bad. A blind man can see the physical talents and skill, he's a package. A lot of talk on here about moving him which I'd do in the right deal but it would have to be a blockbuster physical guy coming back. But in reality he's going nowhere soon, and it would probably end up one of those deals you kick your ass forever if you did it. He just hit the regular season hundred game bar, with basically zero playoff experience. I would think if the Rangers have any playoff success he will have to learn to use his size better and nastier as they move along. To make a long story short the Rangers would be crazy to trade him til he answers the playoff bell.
I see Jones as the type that can become a stud, much in the same way that Fox has, but if we are looking to be a serious contender now, I agree with this. Give him another year. I'd also like to see them experiment with Miller as a forward, which would open a slot for Jones and take one of our useless forwards out of the lineup.

I agree about Jones and Lunkvist for that matter, toss in Miller and therein lies Drury's problem, which is who do you trade before they give a clear vision of their future game. Miller obviously further along than the other two although still having some young player shortcomings physically. I think he's got it in him,'he's just never had to play that way before. And its double tough learning how to against men. Time tells, Drury needs to be patient as he trys to beef up for the playoffs. if he does move anyone of them, it better not be for rentals rather for similar aged and skill up side, young forwards. Maybe a team out there is overloaded with a spare center.

Fish
Posted 2022-03-03 11:03 AM (#787037 - in reply to #786066)

Publisher

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2022 PD9 Software