Every year you expect some degree of turnover. Trades, free agency and injuries or conspire to change the face of an organization from year to year. With still more than seven weeks to go until camp opens up on September 21st, the Rangers once again will have some significant differences.
Ten players who were on the extended 25 man roster to start the 2011-12 season in Stockholm, Sweden are already gone. A further nine will not attend camp, either because they’re no longer in the organization, or will play in Europe instead.
The ten players gone from last season’s opening night roster:
1. Artem Anisimov – Traded
2. Brendan Bell – Free Agent
3. Erik Christensen – Traded
4. Brandon Dubinsky – Traded
5. Steve Eminger – Free Agent
6. Tim Erixon – Traded
7. Ruslan Fedotenko – Free Agent
8. Brandon Prust – Free Agent
9. Wojtek Wolski – Traded
10. Mats Zuccarello – Europe
The other nine players who won’t attend camp:
1. Sean Avery – Retired
2. Lee Baldwin – Free Agent
3. Andre Deveaux – Free Agent
4. Chad Johnson – Free Agent
5. Tomas Kundratek – Free Agent
6. John Mitchell – Free Agent
7. Andreas Thuresson – Free Agent
8. Pavel Valentenko – Europe
9. Dale Weise – Waiver Claim
In addition, Jeff Woywitka was a late waiver claim, and since departed as a Free Agent.