Clear all

TRADE DEADLINE THREAD: A look at some of the potential trade options

Page 5 / 11

(@rosie-larose)
Second Liner

Posted by: @lafrenger

Posted by: @rosie-larose

I'd be happy with Mantha and Edmundson from Washington. Good depth physical guys and shouldn't break the asset bank. Mantha might even fit with Zib. No first round picks and Drury could make it work. Laviolette familiar with both.

Rangers also have to think about bringing in a forward that's going to bump someone, likely either Rempe or Edstrom. A lot of chemistry going on and it wouldn't be smart to upset it. Or someone is going to be sitting. 

I like where you’re going here. Never thought about Mantha…

They will both be traded. UFA’s after the season. If you’re gonna compete with Florida you gotta have your ducks in a row. And even with the juiced up fourth line the Rangers still need more gritty players. Guys like Vatrano, Duclair ect will disappear against Florida. 

You’re preaching to the choir here.  Both dudes on expiring contracts so less goes back to DC.  Verbeek is going to want a king’s ransom for Franky V due to his remaining (super cap friendly) contract; and besides, there’s only one puck on the ice and Zib and Kreid’s don’t seem to share lol 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2024 8:48 pm
Lafrenger
(@lafrenger)
NHL All Star

I'd be happy with Mantha and Edmundson from Washington. Good depth physical guys and shouldn't break the asset bank. Mantha might even fit with Zib. No first round picks and Drury could make it work. Laviolette familiar with both.

Rangers also have to think about bringing in a forward that's going to bump someone, likely either Rempe or Edstrom. A lot of chemistry going on and it wouldn't be smart to upset it. Or someone is going to be sitting. 

They will both be traded. UFA’s after the season. If you’re gonna compete with Florida you gotta have your ducks in a row. And even with the juiced up fourth line the Rangers still need more gritty players. Guys like Vatrano, Duclair ect will disappear against Florida. 

You’re preaching to the choir here.  Both dudes on expiring contracts so less goes back to DC.  Verbeek is going to want a king’s ransom for Franky V due to his remaining (super cap friendly) contract; and besides, there’s only one puck on the ice and Zib and Kreid’s don’t seem to share lol 

Roger that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2024 10:47 pm
-C-
 -C-
(@c)
NHL All Star

Wish they would start sharing the puck with the back of the net. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2024 2:56 pm
Lafrenger
(@lafrenger)
NHL All Star

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/02/2024 9:50 am
Lafrenger
(@lafrenger)
NHL All Star

Devils acquire Kurtis MacDermid 6’5” 233lbs. Reaves yapping about Saturday, Devils 11/3/24. Rempe is going to have to be smart and pick his spots or he's going to take some lumps. 

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Lafrenger
ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2024 8:49 pm
Doug Glatt
(@pierre_pdare)
Hall of Famer

Rumor Mongers are spreading Henrique/Vatrano talks are heating up. Nothing reliable, but have read it multiple times now since Verbeek was at MSG last week.

If they need me to bleed, then I'll bleed for my team

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2024 9:52 am
Lafrenger
(@lafrenger)
NHL All Star

Vatrano was certainly the better of he and Copp in the run to the conference final in his last stint. But adds little to the playoff warrior players, the Rangers should be looking for. Pumping in goals for a terrible team like Anaheim is a lot easier than doing it grinding through the playoffs. 
Henrique seems to be the player of the month for the media. Yet he’s played in the league since 2010 and only been to the playoffs twice. That is not a misprint. 2 times in 13 seasons. I know, playing for bad teams, and I’m sure doing his part. 
Winners begat winning. If Neil Smith doesn’t acquire , Kevin Lowe, Esa Tikkanen, Glen Anderson, and Craig Mactavish all winners through and through, then no cup. 
Besides that a deal for those two won’t be cheap, can pretty much kiss Kakko and a first goodbye. 
Rangers don’t man up against Florida for one and won’t unless Drury brings in the right types. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2024 12:11 pm
Doug Glatt reacted
(@rosie-larose)
Second Liner

Vatrano was certainly the better of he and Copp in the run to the conference final in his last stint. But adds little to the playoff warrior players, the Rangers should be looking for. Pumping in goals for a terrible team like Anaheim is a lot easier than doing it grinding through the playoffs. 
Henrique seems to be the player of the month for the media. Yet he’s played in the league since 2010 and only been to the playoffs twice. That is not a misprint. 2 times in 13 seasons. I know, playing for bad teams, and I’m sure doing his part. 
Winners begat winning. If Neil Smith doesn’t acquire , Kevin Lowe, Esa Tikkanen, Glen Anderson, and Craig Mactavish all winners through and through, then no cup. 
Besides that a deal for those two won’t be cheap, can pretty much kiss Kakko and a first goodbye. 
Rangers don’t man up against Florida for one and won’t unless Drury brings in the right types. 

When you referenced all the ex-Oilers Smith brought in, it reminded me of an interview where he was asked “why bring in so many Oilers?”  He responded along the lines of “would you prefer a bunch of Jets?” Or something along those lines. Like you said. Winning begets winning. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2024 3:55 pm
Doug Glatt
(@pierre_pdare)
Hall of Famer

There are folks saying that they think Vatrano brings the kind of playoff grit that the Rangers need. I'm not sure I see it that way and would prefer Tarasenko

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2024 5:32 pm
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Member Moderator

Posted by: @pierre_pdare

There are folks saying that they think Vatrano brings the kind of playoff grit that the Rangers need. I'm not sure I see it that way and would prefer Tarasenko

I would be very surprised if Tarasenko came back...the barrier is his salary, and that the Rangers can't have any of the salary retained because he was on their roster last year.  Rangers are expected to have around $5.2M to play with at the deadline, and Tarasenko would eat up $5M of that...and they will want to address multiple areas, so you'd need to also move salary the other way (think Kakko and Goodrow), and while teams might like the former, you'd want more than a rental for 5-6 years worth of control over Kakko.

In other news, Alex Wennberg (Seattle) is being held out tonight, and the Rangers are believed to be one of the ones interested in acquiring him:

https://twitter.com/vzmercogliano/status/1764757642696864215?s=20

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/03/2024 6:06 pm
Lafrenger
(@lafrenger)
NHL All Star

Don't know if Jersey would trade with the Rangers but Tyler Toffoli checks a lot of boxes. Top six RW. Possesses some jam. Whoever they get to play with Kreider and Zibanejad needs to be able to handle 100% of the dumpin's to the RW corner because dumping into Kreider's corner is a waste of time and energy. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2024 9:11 am
-C- reacted
Doug Glatt
(@pierre_pdare)
Hall of Famer

At this point and after watching him for some years now, the Rangers need to unload Miller... He still makes the same mistakes and just lacks physicality. Forget what Sam & Joe say. We need some physicality on D and with Fox and Miller on the ice nobody is afraid to attack the net.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2024 9:50 am
Lafrenger
(@lafrenger)
NHL All Star

Brett Berard almost a shoe-in to be one of those prospects included. A guy on the cusp of being a no trade. But the Rangers will have to give up something. Unfortunately he could be one of those guys that bites you.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2024 9:58 am
Lafrenger
(@lafrenger)
NHL All Star

Mcrimmon in Vegas moving into upper echelon of GM’s. Solid trade.

The Golden Knights have acquired forward Anthony Mantha from Washington in exchange for a 2024 2nd round pick and a 2026 4th round pick.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Lafrenger
ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2024 7:04 pm
mjolnir
(@mjolnir)
Second Liner

Mcrimmon in Vegas moving into upper echelon of GM’s. Solid trade.

The Golden Knights have acquired forward Anthony Mantha from Washington in exchange for a 2024 2nd round pick and a 2026 4th round pick.

And Caps are retaining 50%

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2024 7:30 am
Page 5 / 11
Share: